New Non-Rev Policy starts March 3rd.

Maybe all the combined smarts here can give me some hints - I've emailed the travel bureau but don't even know if they're open today.

I'm sitting here looking at SA1 tickets for a trip tomorrow GSO-PHL-MAN return on the 28th. This was booked thru the ETC in late Dec (left over 2006 SA1) and paid for at the ATO on Dec 31 (international taxes/fees). Presumably since payment was made at the ATO, the record was never available thru the ETC after the initial booking.

The original booking was for travel dates in early/mid-Feb, but naturally our dates ended up changing to a couple of weeks later. Not that it matters since the record was never available on the ETC, but the booked travel dates came and went while retiree's didn't have access to the ETC.

Not thinking too much about it - travel dates are supposed to be changable, after all - I didn't do anything until today when I went to the ATO to change the dates. No go, they said that all changes to SA1 's have to be made thru the ETC. But I can't access this record thru the ETC.

So here I am, apparently with a SA1 that I can't change so can't use for our trip tomorrow. Any ideas?

Jim

Last week I listed on the Hub for HP from LAS to RNO. Checked in at KIOSK in LAS, got my security doc to get to the gate. Worked fine, was on the STBY list and cleared at the gate. Very smooth in LAS, but RNO is a mess. Small counter and they were working 3 flights at once, one agent each: HP to PHX, CO to IAH, and some charter to who knows where. Lots of irates after waiting in line for almost an hour. Except for the mess at the counter, the listing and security doc from the kiosk worked great. Kudos to the agents in RNO, the company is definantly getting their money worth out of them. They were working their arse off with most customers complaining about the long lines and wait time and no skycaps.

RNO is notoriously hard to nonrev out of on Sundays. my congrats to you on making it out. It is definitely one of the busiest little stations I have seen. I was not aware that US also handles charters.

I hope that the late evening LAS connector comes back one day.

Not thinking too much about it - travel dates are supposed to be changable, after all - I didn't do anything until today when I went to the ATO to change the dates. No go, they said that all changes to SA1 's have to be made thru the ETC. But I can't access this record thru the ETC.

So here I am, apparently with a SA1 that I can't change so can't use for our trip tomorrow. Any ideas?

Jim

Not correct. The agents at the ATO can change the reservation for you as can rez as long as they have access to the original reservation. You do not have to change through the ETC, only BOOK originally on the ETC. The agents at the airport were wrong. On the other hand it will be a little harder if the rez was for a past date (more than 2 days in the past) so the agent will not be able to verify that it was actually an SA1. This might be what happened? When was the orig date of the ticket that you are trying to change? I dont know if the help desk could find the old record and get it set up for a new flight. If the orig flight date is from today and beyond, then it should be able to be done tomorrow at the airport or tonight at rez.

Thanks Tad,

The original dates were 2/5/07 over and 2/12/07 back. One agent asked another, and the consensus was that they couldn't even pull up the record (although they didn't try). both said that the ETC was the only way to change anything. And like I said, I've never been able to access the record thru the ETC.

I hate the thought of trying to do anything like this with offshore res - not sure if I could even get across what the problem is. I'll try the help desk since I haven't heard from the travel bureau folks yet.

Jim

Not correct. The agents at the ATO can change the reservation for you as can rez as long as they have access to the original reservation.
tadjr is right you just have to find the original reservation or ticket number and book your new flight information in saber not sure about shares how this would work and this is one of the big problems with shares there is no data ticket base to find pass or present or future ticket information no VCR search to find a ticketing data base. This is antiquated stuff from what I have seen.BoeingBoy do you have your original receipt a simple VCR search with your ticket number would find it with no problem.A word of caution MAKE SURE YOU ARE ON THE STANDBY LIST AS A SA1

I have both the original locator # and the ticket # on the "tickets" that were printed out when I paid the taxes/fees. Would the ATO still be able to pull the records up this far beyond the original travel dates?

Thought I'd ask while I'm on hold with the help desk....

Jim

I have both the original locator # and the ticket # on the "tickets" that were printed out when I paid the taxes/fees. Would the ATO still be able to pull the records up this far beyond the original travel dates?

Thought I'd ask while I'm on hold with the help desk....

Jim
No the PNR (passenger name record) is history after 2 days but they can find your ticket information and see you never flew the segments.

Ok, one other thing they said (I just remembered) was that they couldn't do SA1's, only regular non-rev. So even if they find the info, can they rebuild the record so it's a SA1 with the new dates?

If not, I may as well just get these refunded and book another (either SA1 or regular non-rev) for tomorrow's trip.

Jim

ps - help desk said that they couldn't do anything. Suggested travel bureau.

Ok, one other thing they said (I just remembered) was that they couldn't do SA1's, only regular non-rev. So even if they find the info, can they rebuild the record so it's a SA1 with the new dates?

If not, I may as well just get these refunded and book another (either SA1 or regular non-rev) for tomorrow's trip.

Jim

ps - help desk said that they couldn't do anything. Suggested travel bureau.
I sure a thinking out the box agent could make a PNR look like a SA1 booking and associate your original ticket with a new PNR. Maybe the help desk or pass travel bureau can reinstate your SA1 and you burn another one

How many agents are there to work one flt on the west side?On the east side most of the time there is only one agent to work a flt,hope they have extra agents that will be there on the cut-over day.I think it is going to be a big cluster!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry to hear it didnt work out. With it being that far back, the agents at the airport wont have access to it to verify SA1 status, and the fare basis/ticket doesnt show anything to verify it was an SA1 booking either. Looks like you might want to try what John John suggested if you really need the SA1 for this trip. Book another one and then contact the pass dept about getting the old one reinstated to your bank. I would give them a copy of the old PNR and ticket number and let them know that you werent aware that the record showing the SA1 could not be retreived after more than 2 days past the last segment booked or you would have booked it for later in the year. If you have any passes like this (and if you are giving out buddy passes far in advance) book something for late in the year and it can always be moved forward, but if its past date, you're usually screwed. Good luck and hope you have a good time anyway.

RNO is notoriously hard to nonrev out of on Sundays. my congrats to you on making it out. It is definitely one of the busiest little stations I have seen. I was not aware that US also handles charters.

I hope that the late evening LAS connector comes back one day.

They were working a Continental flight, apparently we contract to do that 2 times a day, and also a charter to SDF. They agent told me they handle charters about 5 times a week but Im not sure what company operates the charter...it's not US. Only 3 positions at the counter. I dont know how they handle it all. Had to be close to 200 people in line to check in. They did great tho!!!

Again
What happens when your go to the gate without listing online (etc) or change your routing at the last minute with out talking to a agent
it has always been the employee/travelers job to make sure they are listed/ticketed not the agents...should something irregular occur like you are referring to, the majority of agents rebook you however you choose to be rebooked/listed....unless if you get a nasty patsy....several years back it was a nightmare flying through the hubs...trying to gage the agents mood...somehow, sometime something has seem to have clicked nationwide where---treat us like it was you the one traveling has finally sunk in. Most agents should not eve have an issue listing and ticketing you even at the gate as it takes seconds to do

True words...

And not only do they not bump you for other senior non-revs at the last minute, I have on occasion even seen revenue passengers show up at 30 seconds to door close and get the “I am sorry but you must show up at the gate 10 minutes prior to departure.... BUT MY WIFE AND I HAVE TWO FIRSTCLASS TICKETS... I understand that, but I am sorry, this flight was overbooked and since you were late, your seats were given to others. Please have a seat over there, and I will be with you shortly to rebook.â€￾ :shock:
for the record the old policy??? used to be once you were cleared for a seat-it was yours---not sure what they teach now...I made several PVR flights due to misconnects...had a PHX agent tell me that they were gonna be tight but 10 minute rule applied and the flight was not getting held...gave me first...if only everyone remebered these little things....I guess hard to do now a days with all the changes...I also clear up to capacity as early as possible as long as I know there are no operational issues airline world wide going on....and I let everyone know I am clearing....it relieves so muc pressure off the traveler to just know they are gonna get on...anymore, with all the stress we have been given to deal with---if this is the one thing I can do I will do it. I think we all need to start thinking this way....need to remeber to take care of our own---TAKE CARE OF US

I'll try to help clear some of the confusion up.
In Sabre, when an employee lists, either ETC or in person at the airport, there is not a requirement for someone to actually "ticket" the person. It is just shown as an eticket on the boarding pass, but if you look in the reservation there is no "ticket number" showing.
In Shares, an employee must have an actual "ticket number" in their reservation in order to check in. They dont pay anything, but an agent (or the ETC) shows an actual eticket number in the record. This is not a major difference, but it is a difference. Before someone could just list at the gate and be done. Now an agent can list you at the gate, but they must do another step Ctrl O F1, to actually "ticket" you as well.
It does not produce an auditors coupon so all computer sets should be able to do this. (Online non payment required tickets only).

However, the old days of running up to a gate agent friend and getting them to do a Zed or ID90 for the flight of another carrier across the hall is over. Anything paid cash or tickets producing auditors coupons or needing "paper tickets" must be done at a "ticketing" machine. Since you need a "paper ticket" to present to the other carrier, the counter (special services included) is the only place these can be done unless they get Tempe to install ticket capable machines at the gates. So far we've had no luck in getting this done. This also means if we reroute a revenue customer to a carrier that does not have an eticket agreement with US (Airtran for one), they must return to the counter or SSC to get a paper ticket printed before going to the other carrier.
BEOFRE this merger I inquired about having ticket stock at the HP gates...when we had a flight cancel it would have been easier-since we had limited space at the gate and counter =to have 1/2 the pax go to the counter and the other 1/2 stay at the gate---back then we only had 4 agents per shift---I was told any ATB machine can have/hold ticket stock and that it is station control whether they chose to have it....I currently prefer the way sabre is capable of doing it anyhwere...hmm...sorry that did sound very good but I think you get my drift...

So the gate agent does not and cannot change a routing or put you on a flight unless they roll you over to the next flight after the flight leaves.To change your routing at the last minute you have to make a PHONE CALL….. I HOPE NOT
the gate agent can do whatever you tell them to do to your record....? If you want to be rolled they can roll you...yoiu want to list on something else, if they have the time they should/could....not understanding why all think once the record is built/ticketed it can not be changed??? You wanna fly into PIT instead of CMH then the agent simply needs to EE the ticket after they make the flight changes----its a zero dollar ticket....? It is quite simple guys...

Sorry to ask again, but when is the exact cutover date? is it March 3rd, after midnite into March 04, or is it March 04 after midnite into March 05? I need to travel around there and want to make sure I am back in my fallout shelter before the "day".... :eek:
went to class yesterday and they say by the end of this week they will know for sure if the cutover is gonna happen

No the PNR (passenger name record) is history after 2 days but they can find your ticket information and see you never flew the segments.
not true I can still pull up my positve space award ticke from January that I have yet to use....the agents can try to pull it up via ticket number if the reco locator does not work..I ahve sa1p that I booked in December for feb that I have yet to use---I just booked so I would not lose them....I go back in tommorrow and can look up if you send me the record locator or tkt numbers

Yikes, that does sound involved. If this change involves using the kiosk by security like DP's do now, it shouldn't be a problem: that takes 5 seconds. Is that the only extra step it entails, or do we have to check in with the live agent as well? :wacko:

Many commuters are already on the otherside of security and don't have time to go back out to get a ticket.

If this is the issue, they need to have employee kiosks in crewrooms or somewhere that can be accessed by employees.