Non Rev to Hawaii

Hawaii has its good times and its bad times. I usually go in Feb and March, and after Thanksgiving. Sometimes at the end of summer it is open. Right now, there are days with 3x service to HNL, but I'm not too big on Oahu. I actually just bought an ID20 ticket for a convention that I am attending in late August, was able to get a killer deal $465 RT PHX-KOA, and I get 2 free checked bags and the FF points. First time I've ever paid for a ticket to Hawaii in over 60 trips...felt weird.

This post was very kind of you. Useful information for someone who would rather use their benefits, which, after all are there for the intrepid.

Would that more posts be this kind and useful!

Thanks, from an avid non-rever!

Thank you!
I always felt we should have something at US like the Delta Non-Rev Forum website or the Delta Non-Rev Travel page on Facebook where US non-revs could share stories, advice, insight, what to see and where to stay.... But we don't seem to be quite that organized...yet! :)

Hawaii has its good times and its bad times. I usually go in Feb and March, and after Thanksgiving. Sometimes at the end of summer it is open. Right now, there are days with 3x service to HNL, but I'm not too big on Oahu. I actually just bought an ID20 ticket for a convention that I am attending in late August, was able to get a killer deal $465 RT PHX-KOA, and I get 2 free checked bags and the FF points. First time I've ever paid for a ticket to Hawaii in over 60 trips...felt weird.
We feel so bad for you!!!!!! 10 yrs gone and still here!!!