Non-rev Travel

Seriously, our new hire agts start at 7.65/hr. you can get hired at a mcdonalds for more than that depending on the position, and lets face it, it doesnt take a rocket scientist to do that job (or this one for that matter).

Just out of curiosity, since the company is famous for lying about this question, does anyone know what new hire rez or csrs make for US? (currently)
[/quote]
http://cwa.net/PDFs/CWAcontractAllAgreements.pdf

page 230 will give you the pay rates for CWA.

First come first served..... I came in 1969 so I should
be served before all those that came after 1969 and I should
be served after all those that came before 1969. Seniority
is used for shift bidding, vacation bidding and should also
be used to determine which order you are boarded. That
also helps eliminate someone taking care of their friends
at your expense. I have experienced both systems and
if we are to be fair with shift bidding and vacation
bidding, then we should be fair with the boarding process.

Senority is needed for Biding and Vacation, but when I comes to who gets on the flight first it must be by time of check in. It works for number 1 American and our biggest competitor Southwest.

Happy Non-reving...

Senority is needed for Biding and Vacation, but when I comes to who gets on the flight first it must be by time of check in. It works for number 1 American and our biggest competitor Southwest.

Happy Non-reving...
ya but were not them were US we dont need it there way,DOH is fair it will elliminate manipulation of the system.

If your worried about this list on a flight you can get on,if your going on vacation etc,lots of us have to fly to get to work.WE understand the risk of that and act accordingly,you can also when you fly for pleasure.

Ic dont know how many US/west folks have to commute to work and live in crash pads so I cant speak for your situation,but alot of us US/west do and it wasnt our idea.If ya ya want to keep good folks in the game allow a little levity here.

If you want to say seniority is for bidding and vacation time then Im Im bidding on the flight my senority will get me on and taking the vacation Im Due.Hey there is life outside of AZ,Im not coming there to bump you of a flight,been there already.

If your going to play the game with the majors youd better start to think out side the box and stop the internal squables.< <<< spell check please > all this stuff is just a big panic attack for some folks,I understand that,take a deep breath itll be ok.

Woa People. This is getting way too out of hand. I have lived and worked in both environments and I can tell you first hand that we will be able to fly if we want to under either rule. I had 15 years at U and 2 at HP and I'm happy either way. You pick the flights you figure you can get on and go for it. You need to show up early for any flight--especially out of LAS on Sundays--which you shoudln't do anyway==so you can get ticketed boarding pass and get through security. I always checked in early when at U and have no problem doing the same at HP. If you guys do go for seniority though I want mine back--15 at U and 2 at HP--that gives me 17 years. Not many of us oldies around anymore. And I'll still show up early. And by the way it depends which sa number you're on anyway. An sa2p is standby when the employee is traveling--plus their family or guests. SA3p for family traveling alone and SA4p for guest passes and retirees. So stop the bickering about getting onboard and start thinking about the important tasks.

I really am befuddled why this question elicits such passionate responses. Anyone who knows ANYTHING about nonrev life will know whether or not the flights look full before they even leave to go on a trip. (Unless you're lucky enough to be returning in a few WEEKS, but then again just about anywhere in the world you go there's a computer with internet access to see if you need to cut your trip short.) I do this now with first come-first served, I'll do it with seniority boarding. As for "manipulating" the system, I'll admit it used to be done. HOWEVER....we can now check in online through Compass- so that is no longer an issue.

NOW...my question is this. It's 20 mins prior to departure and I have been cleared a seat on East. If someone with more seniority comes up, are they able to bump me off a flight? (Meaning, is there any kind of a cut off time for check-in, or is it up until the door to the aircraft closes?)

First come first served..... I came in 1969 so I should
be served before all those that came after 1969 and I should
be served after all those that came before 1969. Seniority
is used for shift bidding, vacation bidding and should also
be used to determine which order you are boarded. That
also helps eliminate someone taking care of their friends
at your expense. I have experienced both systems and
if we are to be fair with shift bidding and vacation
bidding, then we should be fair with the boarding process.

hadenuff,

I hear it is attitudes such as this that may be the downfall of the traditional seniority system that has served you so well. Agree it seems the best way......but when looked at the skewed seniority list due to many factors in many groups, I think many folk have benefited at cost of co-workers who may have hired in after you. If hired x number per year every year then more would be in your camp.

Perhaps " what comes around, goes around " and will adversely affect innocent employees who commute to work and have maintained whatever lifestyle. Will the folks w/o employees below them ( long span of no hiring ) influence another method to get even for their perceived second class employee benefits?

FA

I really am befuddled why this question elicits such passionate responses. Anyone who knows ANYTHING about nonrev life will know whether or not the flights look full before they even leave to go on a trip. (Unless you're lucky enough to be returning in a few WEEKS, but then again just about anywhere in the world you go there's a computer with internet access to see if you need to cut your trip short.) I do this now with first come-first served, I'll do it with seniority boarding. As for "manipulating" the system, I'll admit it used to be done. HOWEVER....we can now check in online through Compass- so that is no longer an issue.

NOW...my question is this. It's 20 mins prior to departure and I have been cleared a seat on East. If someone with more seniority comes up, are they able to bump me off a flight? (Meaning, is there any kind of a cut off time for check-in, or is it up until the door to the aircraft closes?)
NO NO NO there is a 30 min cut off prior to departure. If someone comes running up to the gate 15 mins before departure and you have already boarded, they are not coming down to pull you off to put that person on. Even if you havent boarded but are waiting, that person does not jump ahead of you because they havent made the 30 mins cut off. Jumpseat is a different story, its 10 mins prior to departure someone sr to you can knock you off the j/s.

And by the way it depends which sa number you're on anyway. An sa2p is standby when the employee is traveling--plus their family or guests. SA3p for family traveling alone and SA4p for guest passes and retirees. So stop the bickering about getting onboard and start thinking about the important tasks.

That is excatly one of my grievences. The way they have the SA numbers tiered, those of us less than 20 yrs can loose a seat to an unaccompanied family member of 20+yrs...that is my major gripe right there. TBH if it purely was based on employee, I'd still have a gripe based on the numbers of 20+ vets that each company brings to the table (its not equal, therefore, HP can not have an equal chance here), but loosing to an unaccompanied family member is just beyond me!!

as you can see below, sa2p will no longer be for any employee on regular travel. it is for apps (yay, dont even get me started on loosing a seat to an applicant...) and for emergency travel. not for regular travel at all!

SA1 – Vacation pass electronically credited in travel profile. Allows employee and all accompanying family members one round trip per pass. 2 per year per active employee and 1 per year per retired employee.
SA2 – Applicant, Emergency/Bereavement Travel for active and retired employees.
SA3 – Personal/Vacation – active employees and retirees with 20 or more years of service and their accompanying family members and/or guests.
SA4 – Personal/Vacation Employees on leave and retirees with less than 20 years of service. Unaccompanied family members of active employees and retirees with 20 or more years of service.
SA5 – US Express non-wholly owned active employees, retired employees and employees on leave. Unaccompanied family members of retired employees with less than 20 years of service.
SA6 – Company Business Other Airline
SA7 – Personal/Vacation Other Airline. Unaccompanied guest pass travelers.
SA9 - Applicant – US Express Non-Wholly Owned

So, Tell me, because now that you point it out, I'm HP, with less than 20yrs...where do you see my priority here? Where is my families priority? Where is guests traveling alone?

Seriously, our new hire agts start at 7.65/hr. you can get hired at a mcdonalds for more than that depending on the position, and lets face it, it doesnt take a rocket scientist to do that job (or this one for that matter).

Just out of curiosity, since the company is famous for lying about this question, does anyone know what new hire rez or csrs make for US? (currently)

http://cwa.net/PDFs/CWAcontractAllAgreements.pdf

page 230 will give you the pay rates for CWA.

Thanks for this btw, this answers alot of questions our management in rez keep dancing around, and mostly lying about!!

That is excatly one of my grievences. The way they have the SA numbers tiered, those of us less than 20 yrs can loose a seat to an unaccompanied family member of 20+yrs...that is my major gripe right there. TBH if it purely was based on employee, I'd still have a gripe based on the numbers of 20+ vets that each company brings to the table (its not equal, therefore, HP can not have an equal chance here), but loosing to an unaccompanied family member is just beyond me!!

SA1 – Vacation pass electronically credited in travel profile. Allows employee and all accompanying family members one round trip per pass. 2 per year per active employee and 1 per year per retired employee.
SA2 – Applicant, Emergency/Bereavement Travel for active and retired employees.
SA3 – Personal/Vacation – active employees and retirees with 20 or more years of service and their accompanying family members and/or guests. SA4 – Personal/Vacation Employees on leave and retirees with less than 20 years of service. Unaccompanied family members of active employees and retirees with 20 or more years of service.
SA5 – US Express non-wholly owned active employees, retired employees and employees on leave. Unaccompanied family members of retired employees with less than 20 years of service.
SA6 – Company Business Other Airline
SA7 – Personal/Vacation Other Airline. Unaccompanied guest pass travelers.
SA9 - Applicant – US Express Non-Wholly Owned
So, Tell me, because now that you point it out, I'm HP, with less than 20yrs...where do you see my priority here? Where is my families priority? Where is guests traveling alone?
Not to start an argument here but--picture this...Your 65 yr old mother sitting all day trying to get out of Las, had she had any seniority priority boarding she could of gotten out of there on the first flt of the morning. I am not sure about most people, but I respect my elders. I am young, I can handle jumping all over the system to get home or sit for 10 hrs if need be. Its always been a nice perk for family members on your travel card to be able to travel on your doh with or without you. Like I have stated before, I am not opposed to trying the HP way, but give our way a chance too.

I think the only true way to offer a "trial" of each carrier's benefits is to allow HP/HPX employees to fly as S3/S5 on US/USX metal and have US/USX/Non-owned fly at their respective levels on HP/HPX.

So basicly, John Doe from LAX-HP would fly as an S3 based on his DOH with HP and "compete" with other US/USX/HP employees for that seat, and Mark Blah, a pilot for Mesa, would fly as an S5 (since HP doesn't own ZV, or yet anyway).

I only know the seniority system and I'm very VERY junior at US and it does suck sometimes, but that's the way life is and I am OK with that.

It just doesn't seem fair to throw our HP/HPX non-rev'ers at the bottom of non-owned to show them how "seniority" works when it doesn't do a damn thing for them at the bottom of *that* list.... only on the S3 list is where their seniority will hold water.

Latest posts

Back