Non-rev Travel

I also think it is absurd that HP (recently called the 'Acquiring Carrier' yes, for Accounting Purposes, but it still speaks volumes in my ears) that the majority of our employees who can not possibly be 20+ yrs (we are only 22yrs old) be competing with the bankrupt carrier employees of 20+yrs. No offence, but we did lend a helping hand, and as many USairways employees have mentioned that US did alot of threats of liquidation, we helped prevent this and now the majority of our employees will be beneath you, and not only that, but now we have to compete with your family for seats that rightfully belong to EMPLOYEES?!? I just can not see how any employee can not see the benefits of first come/first serve vs. the many cons for 20+ boarding.

PDQ
You continue to say stupid things that only fan the flames of negativity.
What the hell do you want here...a thank you...my blood...my first born? OK WHATEVER, you ARE the FREAKIN' AQUIRING AIRLINE. YOU SAVED US FROM OBLIVION!!!

THANK YOU..THANK YOU...THANK YOU...THANK YOU!! GOODY GOOD FOR YOU!!

ALL of us US East people should bow down to the WEST, shut the F up and be thankful to have a job AND step to the bottom of every little decsion and issue that might harm the one quarter money making, best ran ...never been in ch 11... ALWAYS at the top of every survey ..best airline in the world!! GIVE IT A BREAK, PDQ!! You have a right to say what you want but I as am employee of ONE US Airways owe you NOTHING whatsoever.

Get out of your little cubicle and understand that many of us back East are open to changing to "your" system, but if you think I am going to throw 19 years away because you and some at the old AWA feel I should somehow be your gracious servant, well I have a third upright middle finger that needs polished. :angry: :down: :down: :down:

firstamendment,
You are so negative. Why can't other people give their opinion about something without you coming back and biting off their head. You should respond back with you opinion but maybe without so much hate.
Yes I think that ALL of you at US East owe HP employees and Management a bit of graditude. Yes we did save your jobs. I wonder how things would be different if you would have liquidated (which was right around the corner)and then how you would ALL be begging for a job.
I know that I don't look forward to working with US East people...AT LEAST THE ONES THAT ARE POSTING ON HERE. You all seem so negative and hateful. I truely hope that you are the minority and that most are appreciative and want to make a better airline.
PEACE :D

I truely hope that you are the minority and that most are appreciative and want to make a better airline.

It's called bad synaptic connections, look no further than 700 and other union talking heads and see your futures go down the collective toilet. Dictating company policy and collecting dues is what they believe is their function when in reality their actions only hinder success and promote failure. If not, why is corporate America RUNNING from the term, unions.

Funny how Mr. Fried Burger said Timco coming to PIT is a good thing, good thing for who? He doesn’t work there but does lives off your dues like a leech sucking you dry for nothing in return.

It's called bad synaptic connections, look no further than 700 and other union talking heads and see your futures go down the collective toilet. Dictating company policy and collecting dues is what they believe is their function when in reality their actions only hinder success and promote failure. If not, why is corporate America RUNNING from the term, unions.

Funny how Mr. Fried Burger said Timco coming to PIT is a good thing, good thing for who? He doesn’t work there but does lives off your dues like a leech sucking you dry for nothing in return.

I can only guess that you are not a union member? LOL.......corporate America is just that.... CORPORATE. Money rules the day. If CORPORATE America can increase there bottom line,for quick cash flow, they will do what ever it takes. It will look good on paper for the short term, but will not work in the long run. Bill Franke is an example of short term management. He was the biggest "leech" of them all for AWA. The Board of Directors didn't expect AWA to make it very far so they allowed Franke to do what he could to get every thing out of AWA before it folded. We didn't fold, we were close but we didn't fold.

I asked a friend of mine that works at SWA " how is it with the union over there". His response was "it's better with it than with out it". That's coming from the best airline to work for, in the country.

They are a necessary evil, until the big companies change their tactics and attitudes about their employees. :)

I can only guess that you are not a union member? LOL.......corporate America is just that.... CORPORATE. Money rules the day. If CORPORATE America can increase there bottom line,for quick cash flow, they will do what ever it takes. It will look good on paper for the short term, but will not work in the long run. Bill Franke is an example of short term management. He was the biggest "leech" of them all for AWA. The Board of Directors didn't expect AWA to make it very far so they allowed Franke to do what he could to get every thing out of AWA before it folded. We didn't fold, we were close but we didn't fold.

I asked a friend of mine that works at SWA " how is it with the union over there". His response was "it's better with it than with out it". That's coming from the best airline to work for, in the country.

They are a necessary evil, until the big companies change their tactics and attitudes about their employees. :)

I don't know how this thread changed from Non-Rev travel to this...........???

I vote for first come, first served.

Now in response to the last sentence............true BUT you could, can and should plug in "the big unions" also. It's a vicious circle........company screws employee, employee gets union, employee feels screwed by the union AND the company, unions bicker and fight which in turns gets the fight going between it's members, the company watches and snickers at the discontent and discord amongst the workers, and on and on and on.

I wanted to point something out, to those at HP and US who do not have more than 20yrs seniority.

This statement above indicates there is a possibility that you will be bumped from a flight, as an employee, while the family member of another employee takes your seat!

This is not fair for any employee at HP or US.

Lets face it, we work in this industry for our benefits, here at HP we have significant pay loss to remain in this industry, and the benefits that we are given can be taken away by an unaccompanied family member of any employee with 20+yrs? That is not fair to any!

I re read this several times and am missing the problem somehow. It sounds like your complaint is about UNACCOMPANIED family members going ahead of employees. They are SA4 just like the less than 20 year employees. If we go by seniority, then if you are senior, you go ahead of the family members. If we go by check in time, then make sure you check in 4 hours ahead and you still should be ahead of them. At US East, in the past, family members who were senior went ahead of active employees, just the way it always was. :)
Whichever way it goes, we should all just accept it as another bump in the highway if we arent happy and move on. Whining and complaining wont help.

PDQ
You continue to say stupid things that only fan the flames of negativity.
What the hell do you want here...a thank you...my blood...my first born? OK WHATEVER, you ARE the FREAKIN' AQUIRING AIRLINE. YOU SAVED US FROM OBLIVION!!!

THANK YOU..THANK YOU...THANK YOU...THANK YOU!! GOODY GOOD FOR YOU!!

ALL of us US East people should bow down to the WEST, shut the F up and be thankful to have a job AND step to the bottom of every little decsion and issue that might harm the one quarter money making, best ran ...never been in ch 11... ALWAYS at the top of every survey ..best airline in the world!! GIVE IT A BREAK, PDQ!! You have a right to say what you want but I as am employee of ONE US Airways owe you NOTHING whatsoever.

Get out of your little cubicle and understand that many of us back East are open to changing to "your" system, but if you think I am going to throw 19 years away because you and some at the old AWA feel I should somehow be your gracious servant, well I have a third upright middle finger that needs polished. :angry: :down: :down: :down:

First of all, I sign PQA, not PDQ. wanna flame me, get it right and take off the gloves, and I'll give you a good run for your money!

...but...

...I'm not here to flame...

I am stating facts. The fact is, that if HP had not merged with US airways, the jobs of everyone at US airways would still be in jeopardy. (would you be liquidating? I don't know, but I hear that was the big threat they used alot, so I assume it was a valid possibility to the majority of US workforce)

I DO NOT WANT A THANK YOU!! No where in my post did I indicate that anyone should bow down. Honestly, I'm rather excited about being 'one of the big boys'(tho this merger process sucks, to be blunt!). What I do want, is what is due, and what is due is to be treated equally. There is NO way that we can be treated equally in seniority boarding. I wish I had the numbers to actually show you what I mean, but what I am trying to say is there is NO WAY that the numbers of our (HP) 20+ senior employees can even begin to compare with your (US) 20+senior employees. Now, put yourself in my shoes for a moment (if you can open your mind up for that long and take down those hostile blinders of yours), and if it was your company that had the few senior employees, you would be so egar to give away your first come/first serve? No, you wouldn't, so don't even pretend to be some sort of martyr for the cause!

Don't get so defensive. Facts are Facts, and I state them to support my view of first come/first serve vs. seniority. I also would like to encourage as many as possible to voice their opinions to [email protected]. I honestly do not know where your hostility comes from, but it certainly isn't me. Maybe you just don't like seeing the facts in black and white... (oh, and while we're on facts, HP has been thru Chapter 11, back in the early 90s, so we've been there. and this was when you had to own stock to work for the company, so not only did our employees go thru the chapt11, we all lost our investments, and damned near our jobs! so don't cry to me like we don't have an idea of what you're going thru. we may not be experiencing it now, but we have!)

firstamendment,
You are so negative. Why can't other people give their opinion about something without you coming back and biting off their head. You should respond back with you opinion but maybe without so much hate.
Yes I think that ALL of you at US East owe HP employees and Management a bit of graditude. Yes we did save your jobs. I wonder how things would be different if you would have liquidated (which was right around the corner)and then how you would ALL be begging for a job.
I know that I don't look forward to working with US East people...AT LEAST THE ONES THAT ARE POSTING ON HERE. You all seem so negative and hateful. I truely hope that you are the minority and that most are appreciative and want to make a better airline.

AZFyer,
It's nice to know you never get angry. My "hateful" post is directed to an individual that doesn't seem to understand that there is no room to go around constantly rubbing the "we bought you" crap in everyone's face. Would YOU like that? Or by your screen name are you playing the "defend my own" game. This person pissed me off and I feel that person was out of line.

AND, sorry, call me what you want. I really could care less, but I owe you nothing and am offended that you have the gall to suggest it..oh but I'm the mean nasty person. Give me a break.

Perhaps you need to go back a few post and read this person's inflammatory post. Too bad you saw nothing but hate, but I saw a person that has constantly attacked US East people with the we bought you crap. If you support those kind of imflammatory remarks, you are no better than that person.

AND, those that know me on these boards will tell you that I am a VERY kind person and for the most part levelheaded, but don't piss me off.

I DO NOT WANT A THANK YOU!!

What I do want, is what is due, and what is due is to be treated equally.
Don't get so defensive.

First of all, "PDA"

You're messing with the wrong queen. I have read postings from people like you who directly throw flames, wrapping it around your supposed knowledge of the facts. This is not the first time that you have thrown the "we bought you" crap. That IS inflammatory!! It is offensive and out of line. I dare say a US East person better not get YOU when they call to list. I can hear your "factual " spill now. THAT is why I am angry with you. That is my issue with you...not the doh/first come issue. You failed to read where I said that some of us were considering the way you guys did it. AND I have stated in my past before that I can see both sides.

What you are due? THAT is subjective.

Defensive? Baby you started this battle. You know, if I save a person's life, I'm not going to throw it in their face everytime I get a chance. Think long and hard about that, PDA. That's EXACTLY what you do when you repeat your "facts" over and over.

And finally, that you still put America West by your signature speaks volumes.

You aren't happy with the merger? Well, you aren't going to make it any better by pissing off the other 28,000 employees with your "facts".

Latest posts

Back