Nonrev Question

bigman60

Sep 18, 2004
I need to get to Rio in late September for a wedding. Can any of you give me an estimate as to how full the flights to GIG or GRU are historically around this time period? I know it's way to early to get a clear picture, just wondering with the past as an indicator, do I need to worry about every flight being completely full. I'm a US employee and can get to either MIA or JFK quite easily. Thanks for your help.

I can't give you any past load factors, but you might try calling our reservations number LATE at night when they are not as busy. Tell the reservationist right off the bat that you are a non-rev with another airline. She/he should be able to give you some kind of idea about the loads for the days that you are looking at. You can repeat this until you get closer and closer to the actual date. As a non-rev, if you can do it, try to give yourself an extra day on each side of the trip.

I don't remember exactly, but September doesn't strike me as one of the busiest times. Holidays and Carnival are packed for sure. As you said, if you can get to JFK or MIA easily, I wouldn't think you would have a big problem with GIG, especially with GRU as a back up over a couple days.

At GRU you'll see more AA metal on the ramp than at RDU/SJC or BNA :p

Skyyggoddess said:
I can't give you any past load factors, but you might try calling our reservations number LATE at night when they are not as busy. Tell the reservationist right off the bat that you are a non-rev with another airline. She/he should be able to give you some kind of idea about the loads for the days that you are looking at. You can repeat this until you get closer and closer to the actual date. As a non-rev, if you can do it, try to give yourself an extra day on each side of the trip.
[post="286301"][/post]​

call 1888-WEFLYAA

select #3 and you get an agent that will give you loads and help you meal list

Everyone, thanks for the advice. The Visa thing is annoying, but I understand why they're doing it.

Latest posts