Nonrevs behaving badly... what's new?

Another major problem is the enforcement of the 10 minute door close rule. Our customers are already running from gate to gate to make a 30 minute minimum connect time, only to find out they only have 20 minutes in reality. The response was that our on time performance has improved and that is one of the company's main concerns right now.
Actually, the "on-time push" is a Dougie main concern, considering his potentially vast and considerable bonus.

Personally, unless full, the door never closes before scheduled push time. The entire concept is flawed, basically admitting your scheduled block times and boarding times are fubared, but, instead of fixing that sweeping it under the carpet. If management is using the "ten minute" rule to ensure "slot times" either internal or external, why do they not simply change their requested slot times by ten minutes, making a seamless operation coherent with their posted schedule?

If management wants to fix something, they must at least start with real-time data. Changing "door-close" by ten minutes introduces errors that will make most any "solution" a pipe dream. I can understand a temporary change but this "rule" has been in effect since the late 90's.

No, but if the system had assigned her an aisle seat and there are no more window seats after all non revs are cleared, the gate agent has no obligation to go back through and remove junior people from window seats just to put a senior person in the window seat.
So, the system assigns non-rev. seats? Does it prioritize seats? and if so, on what basis? Can non-revs request a category of seat before "computer" assignment? What if a computer does not assign seats and an agent does it (the topic)? What priority does the agent (generally) use? Is it to seat a group or a family together first?

What priority does the agent (generally) use? Is it to seat a group or a family together first?

Heavens, no. Their first priority is to find a middle seat between two overly large persons for the non-rev who acts like a jerk. Or, at least it should be their first priority. There is no excuse for rudeness, not seniority, not job, nothing.

Regardless of your airline, your job, or your seniority, non-revving is a privilege, not a right. First offense mouthing off to an overworked gate agent (and which ones are not?) should result in 6 months suspension of all travel benefits. JMHO.

Ever sit on a "non-traditionalâ€￾ seat <cough, cough> to get home while non-reving?

Yes? Then call me at 1-800-A-LAWYER and let me put my 18 years of chasing ambulances to work for you!

Passenger sues airline over flight spent on toilet
N.Y. man traveling on 'buddy pass,' gives up seat for JetBlue crew member

NEW YORK - A New York City man is suing JetBlue Airways Corp. for more than $2 million because he says a pilot made him give up his seat to a flight attendant and sit on the toilet

Link

If it was the last flight home, after a long day...everything was taken...Cabin Jumpseat...Cockpit Jumpseat...All the seats...I'd have GLADLY taken the Lav...Wheels up...Ding Dong Ding Dong and just stayed in the Galley standing up reading books or sitting when the FAs were doing the Push N Pull...

People whine too much!

allright, listen up, I'm going to be traveling with my small son tomorrow to go to ABQ from CLT via PHX and I *expect* to be seated together, with a whole row to myself or I'm writing you up.

hhahaahhha.......that'll go over well, wont it? :up:

I'm pretty sure CLT has your back but out West in PHX...don't wear an USAPA lanyard or make snide comments about the West you should be fine...

I'm pretty sure CLT has your back but out West in PHX...don't wear an USAPA lanyard or make snide comments about the West you should be fine...
PssSHHH!!!! I'm from Albuquerque. I'm covered. They love me. Now, as I was saying....don't make me go all mad cow.....I'm gonna need two full cans of coke, dr pepper would be abonus, and if you could have my pillow fluffed, it'd be awesome.

run along now.

I could get used to the entitlement attitude...better stop now...

PssSHHH!!!! I'm from Albuquerque. I'm covered. They love me. Now, as I was saying....don't make me go all mad cow.....I'm gonna need two full cans of coke, dr pepper would be abonus, and if you could have my pillow fluffed, it'd be awesome.

run along now.

I could get used to the entitlement attitude...better stop now...

Yes Miss IntlSNN...*grabs a Dr Pepper and shakes it then gives it to her and walks away with an evil grin* :lol: