Nonrevs behaving badly... what's new?

No, but if the system had assigned her an aisle seat and there are no more window seats after all non revs are cleared, the gate agent has no obligation to go back through and remove junior people from window seats just to put a senior person in the window seat.
So, is that what happened?

What a load of crapola! He saw me sitting with my grandaughter and yet he was too lazy to take 2-3 minutes to change the seats.

QIK will try to clear the seats all the way through to the final destination. So when an agent clears seats out of LGA, if the flight is full out of CLT, then the agents need to unseat the through nonrevs and relist them there... it's a pain in the butt for the through city.

In any event, if you were listed as LGA-DEN, then it is entirely possible to see why the agent said he was sorry that he didn't have two seats together. When QIK clears you a seat, it is looking at the whole flight including the stopover in CLT as to what seats are available and will only clear you a seat that is available for both segments of the flight. It won't allow the agents to simply change your seat per leg. When QIK clears you, it clears you for both segments as though it were only ONE flight. There is a way to split route seat.. or in other words, put you in two different seats for each leg, but it is complicated and does not work half the time in QIK and also, it is used for revenue passengers only.
The CWA/IBT representative presented issues of concern for the membership. Al Hemenway did follow up on the CWA's last request to revisit the staffing model they used to determine the head count, which was a Sabre based computer system. The company found that the Shares system does not allow agents to complete transactions as quickly as Sabre did, which is what we have been telling them all along. We hope this will convince them to improve staffing which will in turn, improve the customer's experience. Another major problem is the enforcement of the 10 minute door close rule. Our customers are already running from gate to gate to make a 30 minute minimum connect time, only to find out they only have 20 minutes in reality. The response was that our on time performance has improved and that is one of the company's main concerns right now. The Union asked for a meeting with the company to discuss the problems with this new rule and the problems and issues we experience daily in the workplace because of this rule. Robert Isom agreed to set something up in the near future to discuss this. http://www.cwa.net/
There are all kinds of problems QIK/SHARES that takes a lot more time then allowed especially the standby list. The former sabre users know what a quick and efficient system is. US HAS SABRE STAFING AND QIK/SHARES TOOLS TO WORK WITH ….

Some fas actually think that they are the center-of-the-earth and most should be fortunate to bask in their high and mighty presence! The 'Barbie' mentality lives on even though they age and wither away!

The sun doesn't shine until these stuck-up fas open their eyes in the morning. Continue to do a great job as a counter rep and screw 'em any chance you get! :rolleyes:

I guess the whole point of this story is....what's with the attitudes...and the laziness?????
I can’t wait to get on one of your flights and ring the F/A call bell and ask for a bottle water ring again and then a full can of soda ring again and then a coffee ring again and then a few snacks. Meanwhile I’ll get up to use the restroom wile you are serving just to have you move the cart so I can get by and maybe you can asst me with my carry on What your to lazy serving the rest of the revenue customers you can’t give me special treatment of course I would never do this I’m old school non-rev
55 seats left you just move

Here's a nonrev behaving badly story...
Yesterday, LAS-PHX Flt 9030, started out as a ferry, but turned into a revenue flight, booked to 9 with a slew of non-revs. A Mesa non-rev traveling with a companion sat in FC, told the A they assumed it was okay to sit there, and then made fools of themselves all the way to PHX. They took turns sucking on each other's necks and ears. At least if they were attractive it could have been a show worth charging admission, but sadly, they were not. Is there not a code of conduct?

Here's a nonrev behaving badly story...
Yesterday, LAS-PHX Flt 9030, started out as a ferry, but turned into a revenue flight, booked to 9 with a slew of non-revs. A Mesa non-rev traveling with a companion sat in FC, told the A they assumed it was okay to sit there, and then made fools of themselves all the way to PHX. They took turns sucking on each other's necks and ears. At least if they were attractive it could have been a show worth charging admission, but sadly, they were not. Is there not a code of conduct?

Yeah...bump them into the last row in Y or lock them in the Lav for 30 minutes...that's just disgusting!

Here's my favorite:

The commuting or dead-heading f/a, sitting mid-cabin, who stands in the middle of the aisle, pulls her four carry-ons from the overheads on both sides (of course, she boarded with the crew, to get the first shot at the overhead space), and proceeds to put all her baggage together on her roll-aboard before starting down the aisle, with 65 revenue passengers, many with tight connections, stuck behind her for five minutes while she gets all her crap together.

Hey question for you in this case. How were you listed for the flight? Were you listed all the way through LGA-DEN.... or did you list it as two separate segments, LGA-CLT and CLT-DEN?

We were listed using 2 segments.....so while I understand what you are saying, this was not the case in LGA.

The CWA/IBT representative presented issues of concern for the membership. Al Hemenway did follow up on the CWA's last request to revisit the staffing model they used to determine the head count, which was a Sabre based computer system. The company found that the Shares system does not allow agents to complete transactions as quickly as Sabre did, which is what we have been telling them all along. We hope this will convince them to improve staffing which will in turn, improve the customer's experience. Another major problem is the enforcement of the 10 minute door close rule. Our customers are already running from gate to gate to make a 30 minute minimum connect time, only to find out they only have 20 minutes in reality. The response was that our on time performance has improved and that is one of the company's main concerns right now. The Union asked for a meeting with the company to discuss the problems with this new rule and the problems and issues we experience daily in the workplace because of this rule. Robert Isom agreed to set something up in the near future to discuss this. http://www.cwa.net/
There are all kinds of problems QIK/SHARES that takes a lot more time then allowed especially the standby list. The former sabre users know what a quick and efficient system is. US HAS SABRE STAFING AND QIK/SHARES TOOLS TO WORK WITH ….

Having been a gate agent for nearly 10 years before becoming a flight attendant....and using Shares the entire time....I am well aware how long it takes to change a seat for a non rev...or anyone else for that matter. It takes max 2-3 minutes. It is a no brainer. The agent saw I was West, and was not inclined to do the right thing and put us together. There was no one at his podium and after he gave me the boarding passes he walked across the way and went to get his shoes shined (I'm not joking!).

Having been a gate agent for nearly 10 years before becoming a flight attendant....and using Shares the entire time....I am well aware how long it takes to change a seat for a non rev...or anyone else for that matter. It takes max 2-3 minutes. It is a no brainer. The agent saw I was West, and was not inclined to do the right thing and put us together. There was no one at his podium and after he gave me the boarding passes he walked across the way and went to get his shoes shined (I'm not joking!).

Write up the coke slinging douche...oh wait that's the wrong jargon...write up the stub ripping douche...employees especially agents aren't allowed to get their shoes shined while working a flight out at the Gate...that's unbelievable!

WhatBag I thought it was the 4 UPs?

Dress UP!
Suck UP!
Put UP!
Shut UP!

I guess I should have read the entire thread before starting my responses. First off....I am "old school". I was taught to sit down, and shut up when non-reving. I am also smart enough to not give the gate agent a bad time about my seats when I know the flight is wide open. I am also polite enough that if I had been the gate agent I wouldn't have waited to be asked to changed the seats. As soon as I saw the non rev was traveling with a child, I would have changed the seats immediately.

The entire gate area was pretty quiet that morning....but I have to say I was laughing to myself when I looked up and saw the agent getting his shoes shined. To do that when you are working takes nerve. But write him up? Never....not my style.

And for the poster who made the comment about being on my flight and ringing the call button over and over again.....it happens all the time only it's usually not a non rev....just some high maintenance revenue pax. My only grief with non revs are those that blatently flash their badge in our face to get free headsets, drinks, food, etc. I even had one do it so I would allow her to keep her cabin pet animal on her lap! Most of us would love to comp stuff to non revs, but when you make it so obvious as flashing your badge at us in front of revenue pax, you risk getting us fired. There are so many other, less obvious ways, to let us know you are a non rev.

Write up the coke slinging douche...oh wait that's the wrong jargon...write up the stub ripping douche...employees especially agents aren't allowed to get their shoes shined while working a flight out at the Gate...that's unbelievable!

WhatBag I thought it was the 4 UPs?

Dress UP!
Suck UP!
Put UP!
Shut UP!

I stand corrected! :lol:

I guess I should have read the entire thread before starting my responses. First off....I am "old school".
YA I remember those suites and ties do you?
Maybe the agent’s rank and file will see some more long-term dedicate career employees now that CWA/US have done away with the American West minimum wage deprived top out pay scale