Northwest does not outsourse reservations

drifterreno

Veteran
Aug 21, 2002
Hi everyone. I haven't been here in quite awhile because--well, I'm enjoying my new life. But I have to tell you all about an experience with Northwest==They do not outsourse reservations. I needed to check flights that my son was on to BKK last month and this month and had the pleasure of speaking to wonderful res agents here in the good old USA. They were friendly and professional and were great people to work with and my son's change of flights to come home only cost him $100 change fee. Wow what an experience. Something I haven't had the pleasure of experiencing in quite a while.

But I have to tell you all about an experience with Northwest==They do not outsourse reservations.

I've called nwa.com 1-800 number in Dec. 2007 and as recently as Wednesday this week, and both times I swear I detected an Indian accent OBJECTIONABLE COMMENT REMOVED BY MODERATOR. On the other hand, WorldPerks reps are always speaking with either Mid-West or Detoilet inner-city accent.

What NWA does is move res centers to where the labor is cheapest...They take a state's grants/tax breaks/etc., and operate a facility there until the breaks either expire or the cost of living precludes folks from hiring on at the starting rate.

Here's an exmple for those not at NWA:

We had a center in NYC, then as that became too expensive, the took Maryland's "perk package," and moved to BWI. This even in spite of the NYC agent's finding cheaper real estate and other efficiencies that would have met NWA's budgetary parameters.

Now that BWI has become too expensive of city (no one will hire on at$9.00/hr.), they've abandoned BWI,taken Iowa for a ride, and have opened a center in SUX. I wonder where they'll go once all the SUX agents top out? :down:

And, yes, there are NWA res centers overseas, but those mostly handle calls originating from Asia itself...

What NWA does is move res centers to where the labor is cheapest...They take a state's grants/tax breaks/etc., and operate a facility there until the breaks either expire or the cost of living precludes folks from hiring on at the starting rate.

Here's an exmple for those not at NWA:

We had a center in NYC, then as that became too expensive, the took Maryland's "perk package," and moved to BWI. This even in spite of the NYC agent's finding cheaper real estate and other efficiencies that would have met NWA's budgetary parameters.

Now that BWI has become too expensive of city (no one will hire on at$9.00/hr.), they've abandoned BWI,taken Iowa for a ride, and have opened a center in SUX. I wonder where they'll go once all the SUX agents top out? :down:

And, yes, there are NWA res centers overseas, but those mostly handle calls originating from Asia itself...

There are a few US Airways res centers in mothballs that they could have on the cheap, along with tax breaks and incentives. :shock:

ONLY...because the say what happened to "others" who did.

The Mid-West is "PURE AMERICANA!" They will NOT put up with "OUT SOURCING!"

NWA knows that form "testing"...(scum bags)

Is that why Northwest was ready to hire thousands of Chinese and Indian nationals to fly ALL the International routes during the BK?

Northwest could care as much about "Pure Americana" as they care about being a good corporate citizen. In other words, not at all.

I hear Appalachia is looking to attract new business. :lol: