Reservations

Another story for you,
FSS has replaced our rampers, all are pretty good, with the exception of one dumb chic who works the bagroom..
Guaranteed, when we have gate reroutes, message gets tipped to bagroom, as God is watching over my shoulder, she will be on the fone , calling the gates, and you've got to repeat what you just tipped to the bagroom.

She does'nt get it!

1) SHE DOES NOT KNOW HER CITY CODES.
2) SHE WAS MADE SUPERVISOR.
3) NOW SHE WORKS OPS AS A RELIEF PERSON.
4) US GOT WHAT THEY PAID FOR.
5) SHE WA WA'S WHEN ANOTHER AGT TODAY TOLD HER(SHE THOUGHT IT WAS ME), OVER MY COLLEGUE SAY TO SOMEONE IN OPS, WHEN SHE WAS IN THE BAGROOM, TO THE REGULAR OPS AGT, AT LEAST YOU KNOW HOW TO UPDATE THE FIDS MONITOR..

THIS CHIC IS TRUELY AMAZING.
US Gets what they paid for, starting rampers at 7.75...no thanks..she's dumber then a box of rocks, I dont have the time nor do I care to hand hold her, she's been working for almost a year and a half, and still is in the dark.

SEVERAL OF US, mentioned this to her boss, psgrs hear over the radio, Im not switching flts, if she cannot find my bags.

I guess it's up to passengers to stay on top of these reservations. I just noticed that for the second time, my BOS/PHL/FCU reservation had been changed. I'd booked myself back in February with plenty of time in PHL, and twice, they moved me to later flights that gave roughly a 1 hour connect without letting me know. I just noticed this again, and called to reschedule. I barely was able to get adjoining F seats on the flight in mid October. In my experience, the old US Airways would call about even trivial changes, let alone changes of two or three hours.

I just noticed that for the second time, my BOS/PHL/FCU reservation had been changed. I'd booked myself back in February with plenty of time in PHL, and twice, they moved me to later flights that gave roughly a 1 hour connect without letting me know.
Just curious, did res give you any reason for changing your flight? Wonder what would have happened if you'd just showed up for the originally booked flight, having unknowingly missed your "rescheduled" flight? Wouold your whole reservation been cancelled? Would you have been hit with a change fee? Etc.

Maybe LCC is starting to stand for Let's Confuse Customers....

Jim

You would have been notified about the schedule change prior to your flight. Its not until October and if they have an email address they will try to contact you via email(many who book thru ta's or Expedia etc dont have emails in their record} it is your t/a who is responsible to inform you of these changes if you used one. Rez works the daily cxl list and may not have gotten to your sched change yet. We have many rts that have changed or cities that we no longer fly into and also need to work these. If you have a sched change and are not notified or even if you are notified you may make changes for NO fees or even request a refund on a non refundable tkt. Rez does the best they can. I really didnt want to respond to this thread because if anyone has read anything I have posted it has been mainly about how rez is a mess. I think I saw an article on how most of the problems with the merger have been due to the new website(rez deals with), the integration of DM and FFD(rez deals with) and the fact that US and HP have diff sytems, sabre and shares,(again, rez deals with.) You can see why rez is the way that it is. There is nothing that I have posted that managment is not aware of. It just is what it is. Just realize when you book out far in advance there are likely to be some type of sched changes, including flight number changes. As a consumer if I had plans I would check every few weeks just to make sure all is ok. JMHO.

Actually, because schedules have such a high propensity to change, the general "rule of thumb" is to notify a customer of a schedule change 45 days prior to departure. More often than not, the original flight on which you were booked will be back in some form or another by that time. If I knew why route planning did it that way I could explain it better, but it is what it is.

And, if the change is a simple flight number change, or the time is changed by 15 minutes on either side, then we generally wouldn't notify since we ask you to be at the aiport 90 minutes prior to departure.

Not to say it doesn't happen, but that's the way it's supposed to work...

Actually, because schedules have such a high propensity to change, the general "rule of thumb" is to notify a customer of a schedule change 45 days prior to departure. More often than not, the original flight on which you were booked will be back in some form or another by that time. If I knew why route planning did it that way I could explain it better, but it is what it is.

I was told this was due to a schedule change. What I find annoying is that my departure from BOS was changed by three hours, when flights at the time I originally wanted exist (BOS/PHL is and has for a long while been hourly as far as I can see). And I was left without seat assignments. Not a big deal when I'm by myself, but that's not the case this time. And I don't trust them to take the initiative to fix these things or even let me know about them anymore. The same thing happened for a trip in April to CDG.

Indeed it was a schedule change, no one disputes that, and there will probably be another. My guess is that the next schedule change might put in a flight closer to the one you originaly held, which is why West typically wouldn't start calling those pax until about 45 days prior. If I were you, I wouldn't be surprised if I got a call around September 1. As far as seats, sounds like maybe a limitation of the Sabre system? I know in Shares seats are protected.

My guess is that the next schedule change might put in a flight closer to the one you originaly held, which is why West typically wouldn't start calling those pax until about 45 days prior. If I were you, I wouldn't be surprised if I got a call around September 1. As far as seats, sounds like maybe a limitation of the Sabre system? I know in Shares seats are protected.
Not a huge deal. My point was just that if I hold a reservation for a 12:30 flight, more than likely that's what I want to keep. I don't understand why they'd switch me to a 3:30 flight (as they did), when flights are still operating at 12:30, 1:30, 2:30. (I'm sure at no time were all these flights eliminated from the schedule). These are flights whose numbering may change, but their times and frequency won't change much (unfortunately it seems there must be more people from Boston connecting in PHL than from anywhere else). And while it's unlikely in this case, it's not inconceivable that the flights at the times I wanted, reserved, and counted on might not have seats available if I wait until 45 days prior to hear from the airline..If most of the F seats are already reserved on the flight I want 75 days out (I was shocked), I doubt there will be much left if I wait until 45 days. ...If the shoe were on the other foot, I don't think there'd be much understanding coming from US Airways if I decided I wanted to change my flight time by three hours even 45 days prior to departure. I know that's just the way it is, but the double standard still manages to irk me after all the times I've been delayed and stuck places because of poor management rather than weather or such reasons. Sorry for the rant...I just get cranky thinking about PHL after all these years.