Not Delta

And if U.S. Airways' plans fall flat, Parker's ambitious management crew could look elsewhere, according to Calyon Securities' analyst Ray Neidl.

"Doug Parker and his team are very aggressive, very smart people, and I think they may go hunting for another airline," he said

My guess is Northwest.

I still don't understand why they didn't try NW to begin with. Seems like such a better fit, especially considering US-HP's lack of midwest presence.

Exactly. NW would have been a better fit moving forward, but that's not how Doogie makes his money.

They do it by beating up labor and leaseholders in BK and then driving up fares by reducing capacity. DL is much better for this due to the overlap with US-East. NW, while it would make for a much stronger airline, would actually require the Sandcastle folks to operate the airline.

Northwest has been awefully quiet. I just have a feeling DAL is a smokescreen. I think it's NWA U really wants.

DL - non union

NW - heavily union with an after taste

DL - heavy in Europe

NW - heavy in the rim

U - ambitious new airline market thinking running into legacy airline thinking.

Keep watching the money. DP has only committed cash of 4B of the 7.2B line of credit to this deal. The pot will be sweetened in "pinches" but only after due diligence.

Tongue-in-cheek stuff:

DL - warm weather hub and the whole southern thing

NW - cold weather hub but very nice people

DL - cool original paint job; hokey new one

NW - hokey paint job; the bowling shoe followed by the model airplane paint job... c'mon

AW - hokey paint job except for the original one

U - red, blue, white, red, blue now white again - simmer down nah!

This DL deal has all been a big ploy to drive up the price of DL...create free publicity in the media to get US stock prices to jump...and while all of this hoopla is going on...on the back burner is the NW deal being negotiated all while they pretend to work on DL.

Doug and his gang have done this before...they tried to obtain ATA ...make the media aware that AWA is looking to merge with ATA...then pulls out at the last minute and announce that we are merging with US.

Have you been following the paper...NW had a blurb in the paper that their executives were preparing themselves should another company buy them...then recently hired a firm to help them seek out other carriers to merge with...it doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out this next move.

I still don't understand why they didn't try NW to begin with. Seems like such a better fit, especially considering US-HP's lack of midwest presence.
One word.

Unions.

NWA has em, DAL doesn't.

Nuff said.

I am far from an an expert on mergers but to me this seems like a pretty simple two fold merger. One its a union busting merger. They outweigh us the company is hoping on no representation. Two getting rid of their competitor. I don't think their reason was any more than that. Why wouldn't they want NWA's asian operation? The other BIG airlines are practically falling over each other to get awarded routes. Honestly.

All I say is if there really is a damn Santa Claus it Will Not be Delta. Bring me UA or NWA down the chimney Saint Nick and let Delta STAY Delta.....cause I am Not interested.

Back