Not So Fast

Biff,
Anything is possible. I heard on the news today that some child was cooked up in a lab. You want to have a kid that way? I wouldn't. Nor would I put my family on a "pre programed" a/c. And I don't think you would either.

Jonny,
Not throwing rocks. Fact is we have alot of high priced people sitting around doing nothing. Give you an example. I have a hour or two between legs. I go down to the crew/break rooms to grab a smoke, whatever. PHL,CLT,PIT,name your station. I see 20-30 hanging around, playing cards, reading papers, there is even tv's with vcr's, watching what ever the want.
Point is I'm down there, and not getting paid for this time. All of them though are on the clock, and getting paid. Many are wearing tan shirts.
I have nothing against a fellow making a good living in what he does. I should say she as well. There is still alot of fat, and we are all paying for it.

Yea, and if you use the rudder the tail will fall off, which by the way airbus says is normal, that pilots just dont understand how to use the rudder. This message came from the same company that had the new airplane with company test pilots fly itself into the woods because the AC decided it was going to land. Not to mention several incidents (on tape) of the computer wonder doing aerobatics on approach, and a tale told to me by a fed of another Airbus on approach into JFK that went missed and held for over an hour until they figured out how to disconnect the computer enough to land the thing. I think we still need pilots to fly.

Biff...you can only blame yourself you ended up turning wrenches. I'd rather turn A/P's on and sit for twelve hours as you seem to think that's all pilots do. I never have and never will crawl down a hell hole or clean a fuel cell.

Next time around Biff...choose your profession wisely. I still would rather be at the front end of the plane rather then under it or "in" it doing those nasty cleaning jobs you referred to!

Sorry you dislike your job so much and hate pilots the way you do, I've done both jobs and believe me there is NO comparison. You can turn the wrenches and I'll push the throttles any day!

[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 12/27/2002 8:40:15 PM Biffeman wrote:
[P]program the computer and the bus will take off, fly to its destination and land, Airbus even had one taxi itself by putting sensors in a test on the runway and taxiway. [/P]----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE]
[P][/P]cokpit door placarded to say"[STRONG][EM]intel inside"[/EM][/STRONG]

Bob, you do not understand, Atlantic cast a stone I merely threw it back at him.[BR][BR]Answer this bob, who has the greater responsiblity, a pilot who flies an airplane from clt-lax or the mechanic who fixed it and is liable for every single flight until someone else reworks or replaces what that mechanic fixed?

Wrong bob, when a pilot is done with his or her flight they are done with their liability or responsiblity of that aircraft. A mechanic who replaces a part or fixes anything on that airplane is held responsible by the FAA until someone else reworks or replaces what was done. It could be one day of ten years.[BR]So the mechanic has a greater liability placed upon him when he signs off the logbook or job card then a pilot who flies a flight from 20 minutes to 12 hours.

I've gotten the impression that "mechanics" at US are often doing jobs other than what we picture as an important jobs, perhaps wasting their talents. Is that true or is it wrong? As long as they're really tending to the critical systems, their jobs seem very important, and they ought to be paid very well for their skills and the responsibility they carry. I am in awe of the knowledge that must be required to work on the big jets. I'm curious though about how much of the time an average person working as a "mechanic" at US spends actually working on the mechanical systems, as compared to the other tasks that have been talked about.

[SPAN][FONT color=#000000]Bob, are the anger management classes not working?[SPAN] [/SPAN]You seem very hostile, you posed a question I gave you a response, no need to get bent out of shape.[/FONT][/SPAN][BR][SPAN][FONT color=#000000]You being an eagles fan explains it all.[/FONT][/SPAN][BR][SPAN][FONT color=#3333cc][STRONG]GO NY GIANTS![BR][BR][A href="http://www.giants.com/images/ny_1024_768_blue.jpg" target=_blank]
STRONG][SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: Tahoma; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA"][FONT color=

Ok Tittle started 61-64, cant be morrell, he was 65 out of michigan st Timberlake was in 65 also he was out of Michigan, Tarkenton was later, Gary Wood was there in 64 and 65 but he was from Cornell. So you got me who was it?[BR][BR][BR]According to the NY Giants 1965 Statistics Morrell was the starter.[BR][BR][A href="http://www.giants.com/photos/1965_stats.PDF"]http://www.giants.com/photos/1965_stats.PDF[/A]

a mechanic can can be held responsible months if not years later for something as minor as a clerical error on paperwork or something of a larger nature causing a 'safety of flight 'issue. then having to live with the results of your actions.....