NWA Air Line Pilots Association MEC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 7, 2004
Red Planet
Visit site
17 OCTOBER 2008

Today the NWA Air Line Pilots Association Master Executive Council unaminously adopted a resolution of support for the Association of Flight Attendants and for our organizing efforts at Delta Air Lines.
We thank them for their historic move and their spirit of solidarity, and we look forward to continuing the long tradition of mutual respect and professional cooperation between our two unions.

Please join us in thanking our ALPA brothers and sisters for their support, as we stand shoulder to shoulder to preserve the benefits of unionization, at what will be the world's largest airline.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Resolution of Support for the Association of Flight Attendants

WHEREAS the Northwest pilots have a progressive, hard won tradition that is demonstrated by our longstanding support of unionized airline employees, and

WHEREAS the strong professional relationship between the pilots of Northwest ALPA and the flight attendants of Northwest AFA is based on mutual respect and history of cooperation, and

WHEREAS Northwest AFA and Northwest ALPA have many common issues and needs when working as on duty flight crew and contract representatives,

THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED that the NWA ALPA MEC fully supports our fellow unionized flying partners in the cabin, represented by the Association of Flight Attendants-CWA, and

BE IT FINALLY RESOLVED that we will encourage ALPA International to join us in supporting the organizing effort of the DAL flight attendants, so that the benefits of unionization including safety, security and professionalism for AFA, ALPA and other unions within the new airline, will continue to contribute to the success of the merged carrier.

17 OCTOBER 2008

Today the NWA Air Line Pilots Association Master Executive Council unaminously adopted a resolution of support for the Association of Flight Attendants and for our organizing efforts at Delta Air Lines.
We thank them for their historic move and their spirit of solidarity, and we look forward to continuing the long tradition of mutual respect and professional cooperation between our two unions.

Please join us in thanking our ALPA brothers and sisters for their support, as we stand shoulder to shoulder to preserve the benefits of unionization, at what will be the world's largest airline.

Good news for you guys in Inflight!

Now they just need to remember that standing "shoulder to shoulder" includes us on the ground...

Good news for you guys in Inflight!

Now they just need to remember that standing "shoulder to shoulder" includes us on the ground...

Is this the same type of "shoulder to shoulder" everyone took part in, when the NW mechanics went on strike ? :blink:

Now if DL :up: l ALPA endorses and starts talking to THEIR flying partners- the DELTA girls- and convinces them to WAKE UP!!

Is this the same type of "shoulder to shoulder" everyone took part in, when the NW mechanics went on strike ? :blink:
Come back in a year and let me know how your go it alone thing worked out...Of course going it alone polishing the bottom of the bosses desk may work out for you.

Would have been nice of they had extended that coutesy to us in 2005..

Yes it would have (that would also include the IAM, PFAA, ATSA, NAMA & the TWU).

Well...I personally believe in one big

SUPERUNION! (with all union employees) :up:

The Delta/NW Airline Employee Union..AEU

Me too, but I'm not sure we'll ever see that come to pass...

Just like you guys did for the pilots in 1998? :huh:

Like Tech, I remember the ALPA MEC encouraging us to continue to go to work as a means to put extra financial pressure on the company.

...I also took a 2 week unpaid vacation as a result of you guys walking.... I have no problem with that at all; It'd just be nice if you guys would remember that once in awhile...

I support the IAM strike at Boeing.(every little dollar, every little email/letter of support means something to them) They WiLL WIN. It is time people decide they are either UNION or not. Not just when it is convenient or all about them.

I support the IAM strike at Boeing.(every little dollar, every little email/letter of support means something to them) They WiLL WIN. It is time people decide they are either UNION or not. Not just when it is convenient or all about them.

(rolls eyes)...people do decide.

Not to drag this back to sorta the subject, but does anyone know why AFA elected to seek an election at DL prior to the merger?

It seems like the representational election would have had a much better chance of success after the merger - a favorable ruling on SBU (single bargaining unit) would have been a slam dunk, allowing all F/A's (DL & NW) to vote in the election. Presumably the majority of NW F/A's plus the minority of DL F/A's favoring AFA would have carried the election.

On the other hand, having the election prior to the merger could be an attempt at an end-run around the federal law concerning seniority integration in airline mergers. If AFA represented both DL and NW F/A's prior to the merger, AFA's merger language (straight DOH) would control the merger of the two groups. However, waiting till after the merger to seek both a SBU ruling and representational election would result in the federal legislation controlling - negotiation followed by arbitration if necessary.

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts