Nwa Looks To Send More Of Its Repairs Out

Decision 2004 said:
This is Jim Atkinson, President of AMFA Local 33. Today is Monday, April 19, 2004.

The Saturday article in the Pioneer Press titled “ NWA looks to send more of its repairs outâ€￾ has lead to some confusion amongst our members. The main confusion seems to be based around the 1,000 additional job losses and the desire to increase the outsourcing cap to 48%. With all of the movement and layoffs that took place during 2003 it is hard to remember everything that happened last year. Back in April AMFA received the companies restructuring proposal, dated April 14, 2003. In this proposal Northwest asked us to increase the sub-contracting percentage for all groups, this included raising Tech Ops from 38% to 48%. Our total estimated average annual givebacks were to be $174 million; these savings assumed an additional 900 mechanics and 100 cleaners/custodians layoffs above and beyond the current layoffs at that time.

This was not current news but reconfirming what had been offered to our group last April. I apologize for the confusion, however I do not have the ability to oversee the editing of articles from the newspapers so at times it may lead to confusion. Feel free to contact me on any issues that may arise.

Thank you

Visit our website at www.amfa33.org.
You sir, are a spinner! :down:
No credibility :down:
Just a spinner :down:

But that has changed with Northwest's layoff of some 2,700 mechanics in the past three years, made possible by invoking the "force majeure" clause in the contract. The clause permits work force reductions in response to certain forces beyond the carrier's control, and Northwest cited the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks, the Iraq war and the SARS outbreak in Asia.

Wait a minute! I thought CIO and TEAM TWU said 4500 were laid off at NWA?
I don't understand. CIO say it ain't so! YOU WOULDN'T LIE TO SAVE YOUR CUSHY U.B. JOB, WOULD YOU?

And the TWU saved 12,000 jobs. Or was that 10,000?

Er, Uh, let me see, the TWU saved every job on the planet without further ratification.

Heck, the TWU even caused WalMart, Home Depot, and Quick Trip to hire more employees. I know this because TWU members took those jobs as second jobs to feed their families.

TWU = Single Handedly Saving George W. Bush from Record Unemployment!

Just for your information; On the NWA seniority roster they only show 3700 members employedwhich amfa represents! Ask yourself why this is?

I believe the jobs are leaving NWA at an average of 5 per day! At this rate and with the latest meetings held it won't be long before you see the line stations work going out the door.

Checking it Out said:
Just for your information; On the NWA seniority roster they only show 3700 members employedwhich amfa represents! Ask yourself why this is?

I believe the jobs are leaving NWA at an average of 5 per day! At this rate and with the latest meetings held it won't be long before you see the line stations work going out the door.
cio, is NW losing 5 jobs per day using the force-majure clause??? Let see today we will call it ummmm, the OZ force-majure, tomorrow it will be todo's force-majure!!!

When will you get a life and quit lying to the membership????????

Decision 2004 said:
And the TWU saved 12,000 jobs. Or was that 10,000?

Er, Uh, let me see, the TWU saved every job on the planet without further ratification.

Heck, the TWU even caused WalMart, Home Depot, and Quick Trip to hire more employees. I know this because TWU members took those jobs as second jobs to feed their families.

TWU = Single Handedly Saving George W. Bush from Record Unemployment!
You sir, are a spinner! :down:
No credibility :down:
Just a spinner :down:

Rusty said:
cio, is NW losing 5 jobs per day using the force-majure clause??? Let see today we will call it ummmm, the OZ force-majure, tomorrow it will be todo's force-majure!!!

When will you get a life and quit lying to the membership????????
I think CIO is confusing NWA with AA. It must be that with retirements, resignations etc that we are losing 5 a day that are not being replaced. This is in effect a creeping layoff, because normally what would happen is that guys would be called back to replace those that left. So the company is continueing to reduce the headcount as effectively as if they were laying off. Since we never sought a defined percentage or staffing number "They can do that". We may have already surpassed the number of reductions needed to obtain the $610,000,000 in savings but this is a bonus, granted to AA and the stock holder by the TWU. That $3.1 million sure did bring a good return!

In the meantime as our real "contribution" grows, the independant, unaffiliated, stand alone pilots continue to see their contribution shrink. Right off the bat, the company knocked off the millions the APA owed from the fine. They just got a big raise, I think its more than we will get the entire term of our agreement, and now they just won an arbitration worth $23.2 million. I bet their leader wasnt saying "We will win the arbitration but bankrupt the company" like Little said about our force majeure. Maybe thats why they wont bring it forward, instead they keep pushing it back hoping that the members forget about it.

Talked to a NORTHWEST AMT tonight during lunch(supper). He said AMFA has it's share of problems-mainly growing pains, but they are fixing them as they come up. Northwest management is apparently the center of evil in the airline management world. This AMT told me that if the IAM was still there all aircraft maintenance(including the line) at Northwest would have been outsourced by now. He said AMFA has stood it's ground and refuses to give in to company demands! I asked him about the IAM card drive at Northwest. He started laughing,and told me they have gotten about 30 IAM cards signed. These 30 individuals all lost their IAM positions when AMFA kicked the IAM out. I asked the guy if they would ever consider going back to the IAM, and he said" THERE IS NO WAY IN HELL THE MECHANICS AT NORTHWEST WOULD EVER GO BACK TO THE IAM!"

Growing pains??????? How long are they going to have those??? Haven't they been in existance since the 60's?????? If they haven't gotten it by now they will NEVER get it!!! ANOTHER LAME EXCUSE!!!

AMFA does not and never has had was it takes!!! Now you have a witness!!!! Look for more!!

And what's that mechanic head count down to now at NWA?????? :shock:

**I have noticed something here. A good part of the die hard amfa posters here are TWU rejects (I won't mention names because you know who you are!!). . . . meaning that they were removed or didn't or (should I say couldn't) get into any kind of position so now they are highly disgruntled and are doing everything they can to tear down the TWU.

Can you say revenge??? Vendetta???

Let's see here. AMFA fights :up: the worst management team(Northwest's) in the airline industry and the twuers say that AMFA doesn't have what it takes. TWU gives up the farm,animals,and the tractor :down: to the second worst management team(AA) in the airline industry and calls it a victory! :shock:

TWUer you can redeem yourself. All you have to do is vote for AMFA when the election is held. If the "HAPPY CAMPER" can be saved, so can you.

you are not even a mechanic so get lost go ship something.
You have no idea what this fight is about maddam bangodesh.

Let's see here,I've been an AMFA supporter since 1986(the year I got into the airline business). I saw effects of the 1983 TWU/AA SELLOUT at DALFORT/BRANIFF 2. B,C-scale wages,reduced medical benefits,etc. :down: Since I've been at AA, I have seen concession after concession,sellout after sellout! :down: Your TWU has led the mechanics to ruin! :angry: SO,WE"RE SHIPPING THE TWU OUTTA TOWN! :up:

PRINCESS KIDAGAKASH said:
Let's see here,I've been an AMFA supporter since 1986(the year I got into the airline business). I saw effects of the 1983 TWU/AA SELLOUT at DALFORT/BRANIFF 2. B,C-scale wages,reduced medical benefits,etc. :down: Since I've been at AA, I have seen concession after concession,sellout after sellout! :down: Your TWU has led the mechanics to ruin! :angry: SO,WE"RE SHIPPING THE TWU OUTTA TOWN! :up:
You saw the chance to start a massage parlor on Pine street but was turned down...so sad.

Drip E. Kwill said:
You saw the chance to start a massage parlor on Pine street but was turned down...so sad.
Another intellectual retort!

:rolleyes: UT

Name: Jim Atkinson
Employer: AMFA LL33 President
Date: Thursday, April 22, 2004
Time: 10:49 AM

Comments
I want you to post the facts here. In the article in the St Paul paper, I was misquoted. The numbers I provided were old numbers from about a year ago. NWA has made no secret that they want to outsource more of our work. We believe that they exceeded the Farm Out cap last year and are awaiting Kevin McCormick's audit. Unfortunately with AMFA Nationals Organizing efforts, Kevin was unable to audit NWA's books for us the last couple of years but we are hopeful he will at this years end. This is why your ACAC Jeff Mathews, came up with the Farm Out reporting forms. Please everyone, fill these out and report any work that has been farmed out of your shops since our AMFA contract was signed into effect. This is very important because we don't have any other means at this time to monitor how much work has actually been Farmed Out. I want to thank you for the honor of representing such a professional membership and thank you for your assistance with the Outsourcing reporting sheets.

What do you mean he's been too busy to audit NWA's books? Are you telling us that you just take the numbers that NWA provides you? You don't check them? If McCormick is too busy to audit the books then hire someone else to do it!!! Thousands of jobs have been lost because of this ridiculous concessionary AMFA Farm Out language. It's about time AMFA did something to start protecting our jobs!!!!!