Obama Campaign Promise #1....Broken!

dapoes

Veteran
May 17, 2008
One month after being elected the veil of "Change" is lifted.

New York Times Article Campaign Promises on Ending the War in Iraq Now Muted by Reality

Excerpt
WASHINGTON — On the campaign trail, Senator Barack Obama offered a pledge that electrified and motivated his liberal base, vowing to “end the warâ€￾ in Iraq.

But as he moves closer to the White House, President-elect Obama is making clearer than ever that tens of thousands of American troops will be left behind in Iraq, even if he can make good on his campaign promise to pull all combat forces out within 16 months.

“I said that I would remove our combat troops from Iraq in 16 months, with the understanding that it might be necessary — likely to be necessary — to maintain a residual force to provide potential training, logistical support, to protect our civilians in Iraq,â€￾ Mr. Obama said this week as he introduced his national security team.

And meanwhile the rest of the world is laughing...Article Link

truth_current_pravda.jpg

Obama duh #2-

Whats he going to do with the revenue from the windfall profits tax on big oil? :lol:

Suddenly he's going to shelve all kinds of tax based programs he sold you....Obama will be the soup kitchen President....running food banks and welfare programs for the next four years.

Its all about change :lol:

I believed that Obama was going to remove all troops as much as I believed Bush when he said the war would only last about 6 months and we would be welcomed as liberators. Anyone else who believed that load of tripe is an idiot and does not deserve the right to vote.

I believed that Obama was going to remove all troops as much as I believed Bush when he said the war would only last about 6 months and we would be welcomed as liberators. Anyone else who believed that load of tripe is an idiot and does not deserve the right to vote.
Indeed....one big reason cited by Rumsfeld why we needed to rush into Iraq was to avoid the heat of the summer. Five summers later...

I wouldn't expect all the troops to leave Iraq...to do so would turn even MORE of the Arab world against us...go in, screw up the infrastructure, then leave. I can't seem to recall our reasons for going to war...I thought it had to do with WMD's that we were positive they had (not just thought they had...we knew what and where they were). Then it had something to do with toppling Saddam Hussein who sponsored al qaeda (he didn't). Oh yes...it was freeing the Iraqi people and introducing them to a democracy. If that were the case, we should have begun the process turning over control of Iraq to the Iraqis within days of Saddam's capture.

And Cos says "Anyone else who believed that load of tripe is an idiot and does not deserve the right to vote."

That phase could be used for all the peeps who voted for Nobama ! :shock:

And Cos says "Anyone else who believed that load of tripe is an idiot and does not deserve the right to vote."

That phase could be used for all the peeps who voted for Nobama ! :shock:

And Bush II (2 times), Clinton (2 times), Bush I, Reagan, Carter, Nixon .....

They have pretty good air conditioners now KC.

It seemed like a good idea at the time....ask both houses :lol:

Perhaps if at least one branch of government done the job they were elected to do and Constitutionally charged to do we would not be in this mess. As far as I am concerned, the whole lot of them should be charged failure to up hold the oath of office, removed from office, all benifits and pensions terminated. That includes both houses of Congress, all members of Bush's cabinet, including himself and Cheney.

Gulf I may have been a good idea had we actually received something out of the deal. Gulf II was revenge and anger. None of it justified by fact or circumstance. This country was whipped into a feeding frenzy by our representatives and the cowards we elected to office did not have the courage to tell the king he was not wearing any cloths.

Please do not interpret that as "a good idea at the time'. That was a failure of government and voters at a colossal level.