Obama ends Pilots hand gun program

dapoes

Veteran
May 17, 2008
Washington Times
After the September 11 attacks, commercial airline pilots were allowed to carry guns if they completed a federal-safety program. No longer would unarmed pilots be defenseless as remorseless hijackers seized control of aircraft and rammed them into buildings.

Now President Obama is quietly ending the federal firearms program, risking public safety on airlines in the name of an anti-gun ideology.

The Obama administration this past week diverted some $2 million from the pilot training program to hire more supervisory staff, who will engage in field inspections of pilots.

So he's going to send his goons out into the field to confiscate pilots handguns. Just lovely, im sure that all the terrorists around the world are laughing their arses off right now. :down:

Yep............just a matter of time before the sale of any fire-arm is prohibited. Another constitutional right , shot to hell and back !

"HEIL OBAMA !

You guys..ever..NOTICE that BO, unlike any other.."D" President gained Brand New support in unheard of states voting "D", like say NV/CO, .....and enjoyes the support of the "D's" Montana Governor Schweitzer, and both US Senators...Baucus, and Tester. Baucus is a Heavy Hitter for the Dems in the Senate !

So are YOU....southwind...gonna sit there, with a straight face....and TRY to convince the rest of us that BO is gonna mess with peoples guns ?

That would be political Hari-Kari(SP?)

It's because of the new found support out in the west, that BO is PRESIDENT, and causing YOU aggravation :bleh:

Washington Times

So he's going to send his goons out into the field to confiscate pilots handguns. Just lovely, im sure that all the terrorists around the world are laughing their arses off right now. :down:

Never was very comfortable with the idea of a stick jockey up front packing heat. I prefer they fly the plane and the air marshal take care of the security. The marshal is anonymous and trained for it.

I sure hope you're pretty.

Never was very comfortable with the idea of a stick jockey up front packing heat. I prefer they fly the plane and the air marshal take care of the security. The marshal is anonymous and trained for it.

You mean the air marhsalls that are only on 3% of the flights? lol

Like I told you before, I am pretty, and im spoken for already. So quit the stalking behavior already.

You mean the air marhsalls that are only on 3% of the flights? lol

Like I told you before, I am pretty, and I'm spoken for already. So quit the stalking behavior already.

Perhaps that is what we should be concerned about instead of having someone in the cockpit who needs to be focused on flying the air plane rather than shooting the bad guys at 35k.

Stalking? You're a funny girl. I sure hope you're pretty.

Perhaps that is what we should be concerned about instead of having someone in the cockpit who needs to be focused on flying the air plane rather than shooting the bad guys at 35k.

Stalking? You're a funny girl. I sure hope you're pretty.

Like i said before, Im sure all the terrorists around the world are rejoicing on their muslim brother's decision to open up the skys for them. Allahu Akbar! :shock:

According to you only 3% had air marshals. I cannot find any statistics to show how many pilots are armed other than this site Airline pilots security alliance which suggest that due to red tape only a very few are flying armed. So, do you really think the terrorist were all that concerned in the first place?

Were Bush really worried about air safety TSA would be staffed by people with more than a GED and a few hours of training and we would have more than 3% of the flights covered by air marshals. As it is, air port security along with the rest of the security in this nation (ports, rails, boarders) has always been window dressing. If you think banning fire arms on the flight deck is going to make air travel any less safe, you are delusional. Take a good hard look at TSA next time you hop on a plane and tell me with a straight face that they make you feel safe.

Sure hope you're pretty.

O.K. Let me get this straight ! You trust a guy at the controls of a tin can with 200+ people on board , at 30,000 feet , going 400+ MPH, but don't trust the same guy with a gun?

Someone needs to get a grip on reality ! :blink:

You guys..ever..NOTICE that BO, unlike any other.."D" President gained Brand New support in unheard of states voting "D", like say NV/CO, .....and enjoyes the support of the "D's" Montana Governor Schweitzer, and both US Senators...Baucus, and Tester. Baucus is a Heavy Hitter for the Dems in the Senate !

So are YOU....southwind...gonna sit there, with a straight face....and TRY to convince the rest of us that BO is gonna mess with peoples guns ?

That would be political Hari-Kari(SP?)

It's because of the new found support out in the west, that BO is PRESIDENT, and causing YOU aggravation :bleh:

No.............their ammunition.

O.K. Let me get this straight ! You trust a guy at the controls of a tin can with 200+ people on board , at 30,000 feet , going 400+ MPH, but don't trust the same guy with a gun?

Someone needs to get a grip on reality ! :blink:

No. I do not trust a pilot to be able to secure the cockpit and fly the air crat at the same time. I do not believe that when an intruder gets past the FA's and the passengers and ten manages to get into the cockpit that there is any hope at that point. The guns in the cockpit will be decoration. Where it a legitimate security concern, far more pilots wold have weapons.

Everyone knows what happened on 9/11. No passengers will let an attacker in the cockpit. They are all going to fight. That alone is more of a deterrence than than anything TSA can do or a pilot with a gun.

Window dressing is not going to keep anyone safe. People in my reality understand that.

No. I do not trust a pilot to be able to secure the cockpit and fly the air crat at the same time. I do not believe that when an intruder gets past the FA's and the passengers and ten manages to get into the cockpit that there is any hope at that point. The guns in the cockpit will be decoration. Where it a legitimate security concern, far more pilots wold have weapons.

Everyone knows what happened on 9/11. No passengers will let an attacker in the cockpit. They are all going to fight. That alone is more of a deterrence than than anything TSA can do or a pilot with a gun.

Window dressing is not going to keep anyone safe. People in my reality understand that.

If you don't trust a pilot to carry a gun, wtf are you doing allowing him at the controls of a plane carrying 300 people?

Your reasoning is not only insulting but utterly ignorant. It was only after passengers on flight 93 were made well aware of what the true intentions of terrorists, did they rush the cockpit.

Did the passengers of flight 11 choose to rush the cockpit?
Did the passengers of flight 175 choose to rush the cockpit?
Did the passengers of flight 77 choose to rush the cockpit?

No they didn't because the element of surprise was upon them and no one was made aware that they were going to crash into a building.

But what would the outcome of 9/11 would have been if:
John Ogonowski, or Thomas McGuinness had a handgun when Mohamed Atta al-Sayed gained control of the cockpit?

And while your at it, ask the family of Victor Saracini, Charles F. Burlingame, David Charlebois and LeRoy W. Homer Jr the very same.

Your a sad individual, not even pretty at all.

No, pre 9/11 no one thought this would happen or was possible. No one thought anyone was that stupid as to take a plane full of passengers and crash it into a sky scraper.

Post 9/11 we all know it is possible. Do you think anyone on an aircraft is going to go down with out a fight? Are you going to sit on your hands on a hijacked plane? Are you really that stupid? The folks on UA 93 found out what was happening and they ended it. That is what will happen on any plane that someone tries to take over.

It's not a matter of trusting the pilot with a gun. It's a matter of not believing a pilot could do anything in a confined cockpit with a intruder who is also armed. At that point it is too damn late. It is more window dressing that will do noting to make the airways safer.

I sure hope you are pretty.

No, pre 9/11 no one thought this would happen or was possible. No one thought anyone was that stupid as to take a plane full of passengers and crash it into a sky scraper.

Post 9/11 we all know it is possible. Do you think anyone on an aircraft is going to go down with out a fight? Are you going to sit on your hands on a hijacked plane? Are you really that stupid? The folks on UA 93 found out what was happening and they ended it. That is what will happen on any plane that someone tries to take over.

At that point it is too damn late. It is more window dressing that will do noting to make the airways safer.

I sure hope you are pretty.

"Merika has sorrowfully already been desensitized to that day by your liberal media.

It's not a matter of trusting the pilot with a gun. It's a matter of not believing a pilot could do anything in a confined cockpit with a intruder who is also armed.

TSA won't let that happen Mr Kitty.......... :eek:

And if by some strange coincidence........I'll put my ass in the hands of a pilot behind a locked cockpit door ready to bust about 15 rounds into the next #### who comes in the door. :up:

Pussy........

Latest posts

Back