Obama Strikes again

Don't beat them up or they won't come around anymore.

I'm like a hot dog. I'm on a roll now! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: he wants to be the Snark Master General then he'd best find a flak jacket :D :D

Yet another reason to make the empty suit a one term wonder. from our friends at Salary.com

The median expected salary for a typical Refinery Operator I in the United States is $49,361. This basic market pricing report was prepared using our Certified Compensation Professionals' analysis of survey data collected from thousands of HR departments at employers of all sizes, industries and geographies
Source: HR Reported data as of March 2012

Job Description for Refinery Operator I
Controls equipment systems that process natural gas or petroleum into specified products. Responsibilities include monitoring pressure and flow and reading gauges and adjusting valves as needed. Requires a high school diploma or its equivalent. May have to complete an apprenticeship and/or formal training in area of specialty with 0-2 years of experience in the field. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Works under general supervision.

Three refineries in the PHL are alone since the rise of the Empty Suit. Each one employed over 1,000 refinery workers. over 3,000 jobs at and average pay of near 50K. But hey I just read an article that Macy's is hiring. starting wage was $11.00/Hr IIRC. Then throw in the cost of redevelopment borne by the taxpayers. Then throw in the cost for environmental remediation spent by the EPA. In addition these three properties are no longer on the tax roles as anything more than vacant land and local tax revenue plummets forcing local government to raise taxes to make up the shortfall. All of the above doesn't even consider the impact of the loss of the refinery payroll has on local small business and the tax revenue associated with it as most PA townships have a 1% wage tax and often a $10 Occupational Privilege tax,

All of the above and Solyndra too. Wonder how the unions for these workers feel about Obama costing them their jobs? Not to mention the loss of dues money at the national level.

So then Mr and Mrs Working Class how much more Hope & Change can you stand before you're homeless?

Gee Whizz Mr Hawk, wonder why those oil companies chose to close the refineries rather than retrofit(which is the American way).
Gee Whizz Mr Hawk, think maybe EPA reg's had something to do with it?
GEE WHIZZ, THESE REG'S ARE CRIPPLING OUR COUNTRY.

Wonder what Mr Texas Tea has to offer on this.

Oh and here's another snippet from Fox Business News.

Experts estimate shipping by rail instead of pipeline adds anywhere from $5 to $10 to the price of a barrel, not to mention the high-capacity, 24-7 flow a pipeline affords. Rep. Fred Upton, (R-Mich.), chairman of the House Energy and Commerce Committee, says the explosive growth of oil delivery by rail underscores the missed opportunity of the Keystone XL Pipeline, a Canada-to-Texas oil pipeline that became bogged down by environmental concerns and was ultimately tabled by the Obama administration and the Democrat-controlled Senate.

Now then before all of you progressive types poo poo the source. Consider this video from the SAME web page.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/1482639050001/bill-clinton-embrace-keystone-xl-pipeline

Show me the regulation that changed under the current administration that caused the refinery closures.

Is ongoing EPA reg's instituted by past admin's and EPA career green bureaucrats who have slowly infiltrated EPA. (Even before the evil GW Bush)

Tech, where does a college boy green freak go to get a living these days?

Why and how can you continue to defend this failure of an administration?

You aren't biased by any chance are you?

Show me the regulation that changed under the current administration that caused the refinery closures.

Currently there are 4200 NEW regulations pending, I'm not reading through all 4200 plus whatever else is on the books. One of the articles stated that the refineries had to be retrofitted to crack the higher sulfur crude to comply with EPA regulations,

Do you have a reading comprehension issue?

PLUS, when Bill Clinton comes out in favor of the Keystone XL Pipeline and essentially throws Obama under the bus do ya need to be hit in the head with a four by twice to see we're headed in the wrong direction?

I think you had best sit down Son.

One factor driving up the price is the impending closure of large Northeast refineries due to oppressive EPA regulations unilaterally imposed by Lisa Jackson of Obama's EPA. Boutique blend requirements for different markets imposes extra costs on refineries and make them less profitable.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/2012/03/cheaper_gasoline_starts_at_the_epa.html#ixzz1phx2XToc

FreakOut.jpg

OK

Transport Rules and Air Toxics Rules

In October 2010 the Bernstein Research Group issued a 109 page report called "U.S. Utilities: Coal-Fired Generation Is Squeezed in the Vice of EPA Regulation; Who Wins and Who Loses?". The report goes into great detail on new (court ordered) EPA regulations known as the "Transport Rule" to reduce SO2 and NOx emissions as well as the 'Air Toxics Rules" to govern emissions of all hazardous air pollutants such as mercury and acid gases.

Also note the new regulations to phase out Wet Ash Handling and the requirement to install Cooling Towers.

I am still waiting for the regulation. And a rule on coal fired power plants is not it.

We are exporting gasoline.

Maybe you should be pressing for Newt for prez. Then we can all pay $2.50/gal.

Not in the Northeast.

One factor driving up the price is the impending closure of large Northeast refineries due to oppressive EPA regulations unilaterally imposed by Lisa Jackson of Obama's EPA. Boutique blend requirements for different markets imposes extra costs on refineries and make them less profitable
Want to drive gasoline prices down? Fire Lisa Jackson and impose a six-month moratorium on the EPA regulations hamstringing the market. Suspend boutique blend requirements and allow a national market in gasoline salable anywhere. A six-month moratorium was supposed to improve the safety of offshore drilling. Why wouldn't a six-month moratorium improve the quality of government regulation? What would we have to lose by merely delaying the new regulations by a mere six months, other than an Obama excuse for ripping off the taxpayers?

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/2012/03/cheaper_gasoline_starts_at_the_epa.html#ixzz1pktrVNev

ugihdfuih.PNG

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/2012/03/cheaper_gasoline_starts_at_the_epa.html#ixzz1pktYiOYd

EPA Cap and Trade

Muff Daddy thinks you guys get too wrapped up in doo doo.
Obama's a jerk with no accomplishments, get over it. Time for change.

Keystone pipeline: Separating reality from rhetoric

This article gives a pretty good summary of where this issue stands. By the way. This Cushing section was announced a couple of weeks ago here in the Houston area.

My link

Gas prices might go up, not down: Right now, a lot of oil being produced in Canada and North Dakota has trouble reaching the refineries and terminals on the Gulf. Since that supply can't be sold abroad, it reduces the competition for it to Midwest refineries that can pay lower prices to get it.
Giving the Canadian oil access to the Gulf means the glut in the Midwest goes away, making it more expensive for the region.

There is a bottleneck causing a glut in the Midwest.

Reactions: 1 person
Keystone pipeline: Separating reality from rhetoric

This article gives a pretty good summary of where this issue stands. By the way. This Cushing section was announced a couple of weeks ago here in the Houston area.

My link

See Obama down there lying today?

No fed interaction needed but he accepts credit...LOL

Like I said earlier, MSM helping out to fix his failing ratings.

Tell you a secret, America is wise to this sheeyut.

Latest posts