Official: AMR Bankrupt

Receiving it and having it apply are two different things. Does your pension have any benefit payment options other than an annuity?

Jim
If you are asking me, as I am single, yes the annuity is my only real option. There are some plans like 120 Months Guaranteed Period Option, but they provide a lesser amount.

Don't know if the guaranteed period options would trigger the IRS regulation or not, but the straight annuity wouldn't. A lot of times a company will stuff the envelope with everything that applies to any DB plan offered whether it applies to all individuals or not. That's what I meant by receiving something and having it apply being two separate things.

Jim

American Airlines was preparing for bankruptcy weeks before filing

As American Airlines intensified contract talks with its pilots union this fall and its stock was dropping below $2, the company's top executives were quietly preparing for bankruptcy.According to court filings, AMR Corp. drew up an agreement in October to retain investment banking firm Rothschild Inc. for bankruptcy services.

It has also paid Rothschild $1.6 million in fees and expenses, including a $400,000 retainer, over the past six months.

Now AMR is asking U.S. Bankruptcy Judge Sean Lane to retroactively approve its hiring of Rothschild, which AMR says will provide financial analysis and identify restructuring transactions for the Fort Worth-based carrier.

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/2011/12/29/3624159/american-airlines-was-preparing.html#storylink=cpy

American Airlines was preparing for bankruptcy weeks before filing

As American Airlines intensified contract talks with its pilots union this fall and its stock was dropping below $2, the company's top executives were quietly preparing for bankruptcy.According to court filings, AMR Corp. drew up an agreement in October to retain investment banking firm Rothschild Inc. for bankruptcy services.

It has also paid Rothschild $1.6 million in fees and expenses, including a $400,000 retainer, over the past six months.

Now AMR is asking U.S. Bankruptcy Judge Sean Lane to retroactively approve its hiring of Rothschild, which AMR says will provide financial analysis and identify restructuring transactions for the Fort Worth-based carrier.

Read more here: http://www.star-tele...l#storylink=cpy
1113 (c - Your Worst Nightmare = And You Thought the T/A Was Bad!

Did you really think this would not come out? Come on now do you really think that Boeing and Airbus would sign a deal for 400 new airplanes and forget to ask oh by the way
can you pay your bills next week? If your foolish enough to think that if we voted in the last "offer" that we would not be here anyway? and the company would not be asking for more based on what we voted in? instead of what we have now ie retiree medical and a pension? Dont know about you but there was no signing bonus for me on the line and $2.00 am hour line premium they can wipe their a** with it. The more we would have gave them the more they get to ask for in court. Dude get a clue you'll be welding for AMR services real soon for $26.00 an hour. If they want to give me #### they are going to have to force feed me in bankruptcy, doubtful but hopefully the pr**ks at the top feel a little pain too. Either way its coming real soon, in DFW SUPPOSEDLY they posted the supervisors vacation bid and they are not allowed to bid any weeks in January or February, operational necessity requires them to be present and accounted for. The Local DID post a bulletin for a special meeting at the Hyatt in DFW for January 10th to discuss bankruptcy issues.

Buckle yourself in for a ride........Don't think seniority is going to play much of a part in the shuffle ask the United guys in Indy about that....

Did you really think this would not come out? Come on now do you really think that Boeing and Airbus would sign a deal for 400 new airplanes and forget to ask oh by the way
can you pay your bills next week? If your foolish enough to think that if we voted in the last "offer" that we would not be here anyway? and the company would not be asking for more based on what we voted in? instead of what we have now ie retiree medical and a pension? Dont know about you but there was no signing bonus for me on the line and $2.00 am hour line premium they can wipe their a** with it. The more we would have gave them the more they get to ask for in court. Dude get a clue you'll be welding for AMR services real soon for $26.00 an hour. If they want to give me #### they are going to have to force feed me in bankruptcy, doubtful but hopefully the pr**ks at the top feel a little pain too. Either way its coming real soon, in DFW SUPPOSEDLY they posted the supervisors vacation bid and they are not allowed to bid any weeks in January or February, operational necessity requires them to be present and accounted for. The Local DID post a bulletin for a special meeting at the Hyatt in DFW for January 10th to discuss bankruptcy issues.

Buckle yourself in for a ride........Don't think seniority is going to play much of a part in the shuffle ask the United guys in Indy about that....

You speak with such pride, as if you personally caused this to happen.

Why not give me your real name, so when you get shafted I can celebrate while I announce how wrong you really are?

This Bankruptcy is already going a different direction than UA did and you place all of your faith in asking those from Indy.
This is not UA, I am not in Indy, and the Bankruptcy Laws have changed. So swallow your pride, stop hiding behind the alias and man up so when the crap hits you in the face, I know who to help with the cleanup.

Funny thing, it used to be the company that spewed fear, now our union brothers wave it like a flag.

Who said:
"VOTE NO, BROTHER, RETRO IS STILL ON THE TABLE, AND A BETTER DEAL IS COMING JUST AFTER WE REQUEST FOR RELEASE FROM THE N.M.B."

The money you so proudly turned down because you KNEW that AMR was going BK, added up to over $9k, think about it, that's 2 years worth of property taxes depending on where you live.

Your obviously not a deep thinker, so keep your "thoughts" to yourself, no one knows what the company is going to want from our contract until section 1113 openers. You should leave AA you are obviously
very bitter.

The money you so proudly turned down because you KNEW that AMR was going BK, added up to over $9k, think about it, that's 2 years worth of property taxes depending on where you live.

Your obviously not a deep thinker, so keep your "thoughts" to yourself, no one knows what the company is going to want from our contract until section 1113 openers. You should leave AA you are obviously
very bitter.
ONE MORE TIME ! WE were receiving nothing ! 9,000 in one pocket 20,000 out the other pocket!

ONE MORE TIME ! WE were receiving nothing ! 9,000 in one pocket 20,000 out the other pocket!

I disagree with your premise, but just for the sake of arguement. Is it your position that now you are better to have NOT taken the $9000.00?

Is retro still on the table for you?
Is there a better deal coming for you once we get released from the NMB?
Was AA bluffing about filing for Chapter 11?

It is better to admit you were wrong than to dig a deeper hole.

Let's start with the screwing of everybody who wasn't quite 50 years old yet.

And so you voted NO. And now instead of "I've got mine, brother", coming from those over 50, we have "I screwed you too, brother", coming from those under 50.

Brilliant! And the signing bonus is still gone. Sigh

And so you voted NO. And now instead of "I've got mine, brother", coming from those over 50, we have "I screwed you too, brother", coming from those under 50.

Brilliant! And the signing bonus is still gone. Sigh

Nice spin, but the guys under 50 didn't screw you, the company did.

I disagree with your premise, but just for the sake of arguement. Is it your position that now you are better to have NOT taken the $9000.00?

Is retro still on the table for you?
Is there a better deal coming for you once we get released from the NMB?
Was AA bluffing about filing for Chapter 11?

It is better to admit you were wrong than to dig a deeper hole.
We had no control the hole time.They can take what they want,One free B/K was enough.
The industry is better off that we voted NO !!! It didn't pass because it was more of the same.... GIVEBACKS !

Let's start with the screwing of everybody who wasn't quite 50 years old yet.
And the company would have had the go ahead to keep their Pre fund match.
n
Nice windfall courtesy ofTWU !Could have went to the managment bonus program I guess.

And the company would have had the go ahead to keep their Pre fund match.
n
Nice windfall courtesy ofTWU !Could have went to the managment bonus program I guess.

Nothing in any of your three above postings has changed by the NO VOTE.

Saving the Industry my ass!

The SHAFT is still coming only a bigger one now.

They will still keep their prefunding match.
They will still get givebacks
They are still in control

So you gave up the signing bonus and changed nothing by doing so.
How F'ing hard is that to calculate?

Back