Veteran
May 31, 2006
Wherever.
Visit site
FAA blames UFO report on weird weather
POSTED: 11:47 a.m. EST, January 2, 2007
Story Highlights

• United Airlines workers reported saucer-shaped craft over Chicago, Illinois
• Workers, including pilots: Object hovered over airport, shot up through clouds
• FAA not investigating report, which it says was made November 7
• "Our theory on this is that it was a weather phenomenon," FAA says

CHICAGO, Illinois (AP) -- -- Federal officials say it was probably just some weird weather phenomenon, but a group of United Airlines employees swear they saw a mysterious, saucer-shaped craft hovering over O'Hare Airport in November.

The workers, some of them pilots, said the object didn't have lights and hovered over an airport terminal before shooting up through the clouds, according to a report in Monday's Chicago Tribune.

The Federal Aviation Administration acknowledged that a United supervisor had called the control tower at O'Hare, asking if anyone had spotted a spinning disc-shaped object. But the controllers didn't see anything, and a preliminary check of radar found nothing out of the ordinary, FAA spokeswoman Elizabeth Isham Cory said.

"Our theory on this is that it was a weather phenomenon," Cory said. "That night was a perfect atmospheric condition in terms of low (cloud) ceiling and a lot of airport lights. When the lights shine up into the clouds, sometimes you can see funny things."

The FAA is not investigating, Cory said.

United spokeswoman Megan McCarthy said company officials don't recall discussing any such incident from November 7.

At least one O'Hare controller, union official Craig Burzych, was amused by it all.

"To fly 7 million light years to O'Hare and then have to turn around and go home because your gate was occupied is simply unacceptable," he said.

ATC: United 33 heavy hold short

ATC: xxyyxzxz 143 clear for hyperspace pluto lane #2, Qepla

:blink: :shock:

Yup usual day at ORD ;)

Hmmmm. I think those UFO guys might be on a long cross-country or doing their I.O.E. It could also be a driving test. Too bad Gary Larsen retired... this would be a good one for him. Also, why do we always assume they would communicate using the english alphabet? Wouldn't be more of a symbol based language?

:ph34r: <_< :angry: :up: :rolleyes: :shock: :blink: :D B)

How is the US Airways gate situation at ORD?

I think E8 is now used by B6, so we got E7 from NW. I've also seen some HP flights(mainly to PHX) at F10, while a 7:00PM dept to PHL, as well as late departures to PIT and CLT are all simultaneoulsly NOW BOARDING at F8 :shock: !

So does that mean that F10 is PHX, E7 is LAS and F8 is PIT/CLT/PHL. Phew, no imagine if they still had DCA flts around.

I think they should have F6, F8, F10 and F12.

Or..

F9, F10, F11, and F12. The gates should all be close to each other, believe it or not recently some pax are starting to use ORD as a connecting city. Say CLT-ORD-LAS.

How is the US Airways gate situation at ORD?

I think E8 is now used by B6, so we got E7 from NW. I've also seen some HP flights(mainly to PHX) at F10, while a 7:00PM dept to PHL, as well as late departures to PIT and CLT are all simultaneoulsly NOW BOARDING at F8 :shock: !

So does that mean that F10 is PHX, E7 is LAS and F8 is PIT/CLT/PHL. Phew, no imagine if they still had DCA flts around.

I recently flew a flight ORD-PHL that departed from an E gate at about 4:45 PM.

Latest posts