Double Mad Dog Incidents

WingNaPrayer

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
EYW
Visit site
A passenger jet preparing to take off from the airport skidded off the runway at Chicago, Illinois' O'Hare and another plane was forced to return there after engine problems were reported, officials said.

American Airlines Flight 1544 -- an MD-80 carrying 54 passengers and a crew of five -- was taxiing into takeoff position on Runway 22-L when it hit an icy patch, said airline spokeswoman Mary Frances Fagan.

No one was hurt, Federal Aviation Administration spokeswoman Elizabeth Isham Cory said.

The left tires and the nose tires slid onto the grass next to the taxiway, she said.

The passengers deplaned via the stairs and were bused back to the terminal, where arrangements were being made for their travel to their planned destination -- Reagan National Airport outside Washington, she said.

In a separate incident that occurred shortly after 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, another American Airlines MD-80 had just taken off from O'Hare carrying 76 passengers and a crew of five en route to St. Louis, Missouri, when an engine problem forced it to return, officials said.

LINK to full story

Glad to hear no one was hurt..

But just another day in the big city!!

Gnd and Air interrupts are pretty common here in Big D..

Hey..anyone,

I know that long time ORD..GM/VP...Bernie De Sena has been gone for a while,.....but what I never heard was

1. who took Bernies place once he left, and
2. is that person Still the "big cheese" in ORD ?
(If not,....who followed Him/Her...and so forth)

THANX !!

AA was lucky that they only had TWO accidents in Chicago in the last 10 Days (I live in the area) and the roads have ummm.... been like a word I can't repeat.

Hey..anyone,

I know that long time ORD..GM/VP...Bernie De Sena has been gone for a while,.....but what I never heard was

1. who took Bernies place once he left, and
2. is that person Still the "big cheese" in ORD ?
(If not,....who followed Him/Her...and so forth)

THANX !!
1. Art Pappas took Bernies place
2. He is still the vp of ORD, seems to be a good guy as well

Art's a good guy, spent years out at DFW, and ran SOC during the Cali crash.

Bernie left big shoes to fill, though. IIRC, he's the only VP Crandall fired (and re-hired) twice.