ORD warn notices?

More ignorant foolishness.

In case of layoffs, the sixty days WARN notice is triggered when job losses at one site, i.e., one airport, will exceed 500 employees during a thirty days period (source - US Department of Labor).

Read eolesen's posts above. There is no way that the very modest cuts at ORD over a four years period justify a layoff of 500 employees there within a thirty days period two months from now.

Just keep on proving how clueless you are. :rolleyes:

Knock yourself out. New flash for you-I really don't care what you or the employee posters on this forum think of me. I've taken nearly 70 segments on AA so far this year and they keep welcoming me back and just the other day even got a call from the sales office thanking me for my business and asking for feedback. Go on an do what suits yourself I really don't care what you think.

Josh

Wow taking 70 segments makes you an expert in:

Labor and Management Relations
Fleet Planning
RLA Section 6 Negotiations
Aircraft Planning and utilization
Inflight Services
Aircraft Maintenance
Section 1113 of the Bankruptcy Code
And everything else under the sun!

NOT!

Standing in your driveway doesnt make you a car.

Wow taking 70 segments makes you an expert in:

Labor and Management Relations
Fleet Planning
RLA Section 6 Negotiations
Aircraft Planning and utilization
Inflight Services
Aircraft Maintenance

And everything else under the sun!

NOT!

But apparently being through 2 bankruptcies as an employee at one airline, makes you an expert in Chapter 11 Law.

Not to hijack this thread, but the Federal WARN act is also triggered if 50-499 are laid off and they make up at least 33% of the total workforce at the site. The Illinois guideline is 25 or more if they make up 33% or more of the workforce at the site.

Correct.

However, but Josh is still wrong. I don't think that even he envisions AA laying off a third of its workforce at ORD in two months because AA cut some in flights there in recent years.

God help his bank clients that have to rely on his advice.

That's a good one. I ought to remember it.

But apparently being through 2 bankruptcies as an employee at one airline, makes you an expert in Chapter 11 Law.
Never claimed to be an expert.

But I have been through it, worked on the case, sat in the courtroom during the hearings, was on the Negotiating Committee during the Section 1113 process and was educated by Sharon Levine, one of the premier bankruptcy attorney under the RLA.

Is that more than you have done?

Dont you have to bash Bob again, since you blame him for single handily tanking the T/A that you keep crying about?

Just sharing facts (ie the truth) which should be something close to you given your username. AA HAS cut flights at ORD, therefore necessitating fewer employees. Please tell me how that is ignorant? AA has cut flights at BOS and SFO, and I suspect they cut jobs there too related to the reductions.

Josh

In this case, ignorance is probably the right description. SFO hasn't lost flights in the past four years for AA. Your BOS-SFO flights might be gone, but they've added flights elsewhere.

Code:
Month	Destinations	Tot	AA      WB      NB      RJ
2009/07	SFO	9	37	32	8	24	5
2010/07	SFO	7	32	32	10	22	0
2011/07	SFO	6	31	31	5	26	0
2012/07	SFO	5	32	32	6	26	0

SFO: No loss of departures for AA

2009/07	BOS	16	74	40	5	35	34
2010/07	BOS	13	65	36	1	35	29
2011/07	BOS	9	48	32	0	32	16
2012/07	BOS	7	36	36	0	36	0

BOS: Loss of 4 departures for AA

It's also ignorant to assume that there is a direct correlation between the number of flights and the number of employees. There are lots of variables at play. You could drop 30 flights at ORD and not lose a single employee due to the staffing patterns.

So there are more than 20 posts, many of them containing insults, all because of a rumour going around a Tulsa hangar that ORD might get WARN notices? :rolleyes:

The APFA recently posted on its website some galley gossip rumour control - apparently, some FAs had worked themselves into a lather that the executives would get PSP stock distributions this spring - and the APFA correctly pointed out that although anything is possible, no such "bonuses" had been approved.

Back