Pit Jan. Airbus Down To 26 Blocks

EyeInTheSky said:
True. But, it's a "focus city" what a joke. :rolleyes: Hey, if the thing makes it I hope your senority holds up at your base bussie. It's gonna get ugly with all those senior PIT refugees.
[post="200879"][/post]​

Not worried. I have 25+ years and only 15 A320 captains in PIT are senior to me.

EyeInTheSky said:
TransatlanticFlyGuy, thank you! You know, the PSA people as a group have been the most hosed over bunch. YET, through it all, the majority have maintained a dignified attitude. Personnel wise, acquiring PSA was the best thing Ed Colodny did. You guys; I love you man! :up:
[post="200886"][/post]​

Most hosed over, in some ways. They did lose all of their bases.

On the upside, they were by far the most senior group of people out of the mergers and have been in the best slots due to their seniority. Most of the pilots who have enjoyed wide-body A330 and B767 seats are ex-PSA, even though PSA brought no wide-body aircraft to their merger (nor did USAir, for that matter.) The ex-PSA agents who got displaced pretty much all ended up in the better climate areas of USAirways system due to their seniority; in fact, they got to go pretty much wherever they wanted. Go to FLL and just try to find a ramper who didn't transfer in from SanDiego So, even though they've had it rough, their relative seniority to the rest of us provided a bit of a compensating factor.

But I do agree that, as a group, the ex-PSA folks are about the nicest people to work with.

nycbusdriver said:
Most hosed over, in some ways. They did lose all of their bases.

On the upside, they were by far the most senior group of people out of the mergers and have been in the best slots due to their seniority. Most of the pilots who have enjoyed wide-body A330 and B767 seats are ex-PSA, even though PSA brought no wide-body aircraft to their merger (nor did USAir, for that matter.) The ex-PSA agents who got displaced pretty much all ended up in the better climate areas of USAirways system due to their seniority; in fact, they got to go pretty much wherever they wanted. Go to FLL and just try to find a ramper who didn't transfer in from SanDiego So, even though they've had it rough, their relative seniority to the rest of us provided a bit of a compensating factor.

But I do agree that, as a group, the ex-PSA folks are about the nicest people to work with.
[post="200927"][/post]​

Don't forget the L-1011's PSA once had. ;)

firstamendment said:
Don't forget the L-1011's PSA once had. ;)
[post="200983"][/post]​

True, but they were long gone before USAir bought them. Even the PSA 727's were history by the time the purchase took place in 1986. Given the path which PSA management was taking, I doubt that wide-body aircraft were in future plans any more than SWA plans to be flying B777s.

When will Jan pilots bid be posted?

Where is PIT's time going?

How about other equipment in PIT?

USA320Pilot said:
Nobody likes to see a station get smaller, but PIT is a money loser. The airport has relatively high operating costs, poor yields, and poor O&D.

The PIT flying is effectively being moved to FLL where the company expects profits to be made, instead of continued losses at PIT.

Do I like the fact PIT is getting smaller and may close as a crew base. No, of course not, but I understand the business decision.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot
[post="200724"][/post]​

any chance new crew base in fll?....any chance ccy hq and what's left in pit offices will consolidate
and move to fll.....may be a lot less expensive to operate!

us0004us said:
any chance new crew base in fll?....any chance ccy hq and what's left in pit offices will consolidate
and move to fll.....may be a lot less expensive to operate!
[post="200991"][/post]​

us0004us
Now close your eyes and think of anything that makes sense.......open, who do you work for?

I think you can figure that one out easily. :p

Justair said:
When will Jan pilots bid be posted?

Where is PIT's time going?

How about other equipment in PIT?
[post="200989"][/post]​

OK, I am totally confused. I'm based in CLT and we f/a's have our bids out. Are PIT's NOT out? Is the company going to redo the bid? Matters not to me, I have 29 vacation days. What's the deal?

nycbusdriver said:
Even the PSA 727's were history by the time the purchase took place in 1986.
[post="200986"][/post]​

Trivia question for you. What airline bought some, if not all of PSA's 727's?

Hint: 727's are like cats...9 lives and you can never seem to get rid of them.

firstamendment said:
Trivia question for you. What airline bought some, if not all of PSA's 727's?
Hint: 727's are like cats...9 lives and you can never seem to get rid of them.
[post="200999"][/post]​

Piedmont bought some. They became the long-range 727's used for the west coast flights.

Jim

Boy did this topic go astray. There are 56 PIT Airbus Blocks for JAN 2005.
Who knows for FEB though.

BoeingBoy said:
Piedmont bought some. They became the long-range 727's used for the west coast flights.

Jim
[post="201041"][/post]​

Good boy. :up: :up: YOU win the prize. For the longest time I would look at the window shades and think "what is PSA, the maker of the shades?" OK, I was 24 and only knew PI at the time.

I was beginning to think those babies would never go. They were quit the workhorse. :)

Pardon the thread drift, but does being one of the crew to make the first non-stop CLT-LAX flight get me extra credit?

Jim

ps - before the first long-range 727 arrived, too...

BoeingBoy said:
Pardon the thread drift, but does being one of the crew to make the first non-stop CLT-LAX flight get me extra credit?

Jim

ps - before the first long-range 727 arrived, too...
[post="201075"][/post]​

Jimbo

So we're off topic. We all know THAT never happens. :shock:

What kind of extra credit do you have in mind? :unsure: :lol:

I dunno, a gold star or something....

Jim

ps - an extra bag of pretzels will do.

Back