Outsourced Call Centers

Well noname the folks in Tempe are an "Interesting" group. I've had some e-mail exchanges and I've come to certain conclusions.

One - If you are the least bit critical they lash out and try to discredit you as being "To Negative". Like somehow that negates your perception of the facts. Tell me what positive there is in the highest level of Consumer Complaints to the DOT. When I point that out apparently I'm negative. Did I make up the stats or send in all the complaints myself? I couldn't afford all the postage!!!! The multiple visits to the CP desk to give out candy during the darkest days apparently don't matter to one individual who claims I don't "Celebrate those who are terrific". I guess all of those Trip Reports praising the F/A's and other front line staff didn't count in the positive column because I didn't kiss Doug Parker's ring. Just talked to a CP angel the other day and she asked us when we would visit again. Didn't know what to tell her, as I'm not putting a dime towards that kind of effort anymore since I'm so freaking negative. Let the Senior Execs pony up a few bags of M & M's, I'm fresh out. Maybe my colleagues will loan them their Sam's Club Card.

Two - They have in many cases raised arrogance to an art form. I don't (contrary to an e-mail I recieved) disclose who said what to me. I don't think it's fair, so let's just say I've recieved & viewed a few e-mails from them that if they ever hit the media would make quite a fireworks display. Fortunately for those who wrote those e-mails I have a half once of class and secret they shall remain.

Three - Truth is indeed a foreign concept to these folks. If I had $10 for everytime I caught them in a lie I wouldn't need to win the lottery. I realize that for many this statement is a bit obvious. They lie so often I question whether they would know the truth even if it served their agenda if they knew what it was.

So now "noname" you are officially among the Negative in the eyes of Tempe. Welcome, it's not so bad. I promise I'll be positive tomorrow. I'll write a nice Trip Report on my R/T PHL-DCA. Might even fill out an A & B and send it in. I'll be positive on Friday too. I'm buying some tickets for business travel and I think that will satisfy the "Positive Goddess" in Tempe. "Sweet Thing" is coming to visit for the weekend so there most likely be no posts. Question is, do non posting days count as positive or negative?

When you have a clear conscience you sleep on the worlds softest pillow and mine is straight from Nordstrom's and of the finest goose down. :up:

Glad to join such an elite group!!
I couldn't really give a flying fig what the "suits" in Tempe think. I don't think they think at all. The past 2 yrs have to be the worst since the "merger" of Piedmont and US Air in 89... and for a customer service oriented company like Piedmont the entire US Air(ways) experience sucked royally for the employees. Total reversal of company visions. Since 05 things seem to have only worsened..hard to believe. As bad as things were and they were bad under the multiple non-managing management of US Airways..it is really sad when I run into one of my former co-workers. Nothing works, the computer system being the biggest problem followed by the lack of direction the company seems to follow.
I would have quit under this new regime if I hadn't taken the early out. Much happier, not much poorer and much less stress wondering when the plug will be pulled next.
PB enjoy your weekend with ST ..BTW your visits to res were always well received by the employees. Thank you again for doing much more than was ever expected.
NN

Here are some responses passengers have recieved from our outsourced overseas res centers;

P: Can I bring my dog on the flight with me?
Res: No we don't allow you to carry meat aboard.

P:Do you fly to Hawaii?
Res: No , but you can fly to SFO and drive.

The overseas res personnel have no knowledge of US geography. They have booked pax to LGW when they wanted to go to LGA.

Passengers are fed up with this overseas garbage. Whenever my wife needs to call a rental car company she asks where they are located. If they don't say USA she hangs up and calls a different company. How many passengers have done the same thing with us?

we all know that its not just this company that does this outsourcing thing. but understand british airways closed down its rez center in nyc a few years ago and if you go on the Aer Lingus website they are hiring folks to work at home taking rez just like jetblue does with the mormons in salt lake city... sober housewives and househusbands at home. i have called Amex about my bill and i get India i cant understand one word and so i say im sorry you need to speak American since here in America we do not speak English.. and they say i am speaking American and i have to say NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO you are speaking Indian British .. now im going to hang up on you. it will all come back.. when a Democrat is back in Washington and the unions have retained some pull. Patience is a Virtue :up:

i had friends who worked in PIT rez and remember them telling me and of course the CWA knew when a folks from the Phillipines came to OBSERVE US.. they knew what was going on and of course the manager in PIT rez said.. OH this is nothing they are on a FIELD TRIP... LOL LOL the PIT rez folks knew what was going on. but going back to what i stated the old US HAD to legally rape their employees for anything they could and outsourcing was one of them, im tired and so are my co workers of people coming up the ticket counters and the gates pissed frustrated emotionally drained what they had to deal with rez in MEX and MNL.... they are totally rude . i love it when i call them and you know you got them because they answer and talk so fast and i say HI IM SO AND SO WITH USAirways . and before you say anything else they say... WHAT IS YOUR CONFIRMATION NUMBER. i say . i work for the company in..... and they say WHAT IS YOUR CONFIRMATION NUMBER... you just want to say.... CONFIRMATION THIS> :up:

This thread brings up a funny story which happened to me last year on a flight. We boarded a flight and pushed off the gate on schedule, due to weather we had to get deiced, about 30min later, when getting ready to taxi out of the pad, figured out something was wrong by the time it took. Captain came on and made an accouncement that we had to taxi back to the gate and have maintenance take a look at something. Now we are about an hour after scheduled departure and maintenance is still doing their thing. CSA came onboard to announce some were going to misconnect, proceeded to hand out the paper with the res number to re-book flights. That is when the fun started, two or three people sitting around me called the number and after a considerable time on hold, they finally got through and the arguement ensued, seems like all the res agents they spoke to were telling the passengers they could not change their flights due to the fact the a/c was already in route to their destination!! There was going to be a charge if they wanted to change the ticket. They had no clue the plane had not left yet due to maintenance.

i had friends who worked in PIT rez and remember them telling me and of course the CWA knew when a folks from the Phillipines came to OBSERVE US.. they knew what was going on and of course the manager in PIT rez said.. OH this is nothing they are on a FIELD TRIP... LOL LOL the PIT rez folks knew what was going on. but going back to what i stated the old US HAD to legally rape their employees for anything they could and outsourcing was one of them, im tired and so are my co workers of people coming up the ticket counters and the gates pissed frustrated emotionally drained what they had to deal with rez in MEX and MNL.... they are totally rude . i love it when i call them and you know you got them because they answer and talk so fast and i say HI IM SO AND SO WITH USAirways . and before you say anything else they say... WHAT IS YOUR CONFIRMATION NUMBER. i say . i work for the company in..... and they say WHAT IS YOUR CONFIRMATION NUMBER... you just want to say.... CONFIRMATION THIS> :up:
I'm laughing so hard, only because I've experienced the same thing!! I called on behalf of a passenger, and I only called the general rez number because it was something simple, and we could not move forward in the conversation until I gave Guatemala the confirmation number. And what do you know, after her got the confirmation number he started calling me by the passengers name. I kept repeating myself louder and louder that I worked for US Airways(I really thought if I yelled loud enough he would start yelling, but apparently they've been well trained to ignore yelling) Of course this didn't help, so I hung up and called PHX REZ. We had a good laugh after it was over though, because the whole building heard me yelling that I worked for US Airways.

Back