OVL leaves/partnership flying and Travel Separation options

Jim,

Any argument for change will be a solution to a certain group of flight attendants. The problem is finding a solution that is good for all or, at least, most flight attendants.

While you argue that dropping trips isn't good for junior people other people think that they shouldn't offer leaves and should just furlough if we have too many people in order to just free up trips for everyone else to be able to freely trade.

Sky, the problem is the APFA chooses to see no problem with AVBL; therefore no solutions are needed. As I said, senior f/as don't have to fly it; therefore as far as the APFA is concerned, it is not an issue. And, I never said that dropping trips isn't good for junior f/as. What I said was f/as dropping every trip, every month, for years is not good for any of us. It prevents movement in the seniority list, and makes base transfers extremely difficult.

Before I even got to IOR, I received a "price list" from one of the bid services. There was a price for every trip. Europe, esp. LHR/DUB would cost me $25.00 to "buy" the trip from the bid service. DEL/NRT/PVG were and still are the primo trips at IOR and while I was based there, I could never afford nor would I consider paying to pick up a trip from a trip trade service. I actually flew to NRT on rsv. with a flight attendant who paid the trip trade service $65.00 to be on that trip. The seniors get their schedules done for free by the trip trade services who then turn around and sell their trips to poor, desperate juniors who were willing to pay an arm and a leg just to work a trip to DEL or NRT. That is not right and APFA is doing nothing about this.

BTW, I'm too young to apply for a pension and I seriously doubt my generation would get to see and receive a pension. At least, I'm not counting on that. The union rep at IOR who reprimanded me for keeping myself in TT mode for the senior FA to steal my LHR out of HIBOARD obviously cared more about the senior fas at her base than a junior CM speaker like myself. I had to ask a supervisor to get my trip back on my schedule with full pay. A union should represent and be fair to all members at all seniorities, and currently I don't get that from the APFA. I shouldn't have to go to a supervisor to right a wrong. My trip was stolen from me and I refuse to take it back as an OE(Optional Exchange) with loss of incentive pay.
Apply for a pension??? Learn your contract... you accrue a pension form one year after employment. Do u ever read your pension statement on Jetnet??? Also stay out of Trip trade mode to protect yourself...

Still, nobody knows how many took the travel separation?

In the end, there were only 17 proffers systemwide for the package. There has been no announcement of the results because it seems that HR must certify each one individually as having enough time to qualify for the 5 or 10 year travel benefits. How hard can it be? Current date minus company seniority date? If they were out any length of time that subtracted from their company seniority, the company would have adjusted their seniority date.

(That's what they did to those of us who were furloughed. My bidding seniority is in Sept., 2000, but my company seniority date is in January, 2002.)

I'm sorry, but it is a tad bit humorous that FA's pay $$ to go to work a trip.

I guess it seems kind of funny but you have to put it into perspective.

You could have a 4 day trip that works 3-4 flights a day, with sit time in between flights where anything could go wrong, and then have 9-10 hour layovers each night. Otherwise, you could pay a service and they could dump that garbage trip and give you a 4 day trip, worth more hours, that only works 2 flights and lays over 35 hours at a great destination. Would you pay?

That's only one example of why people pay.

Back