Basic Info for those who are considering the F/A Recall

I am not sure if that is correct!

I thought I read in the contract that VF flight attendant recalls started from the bottom up. I am too tired to look for it right now.

Taken from the VF Package

Q. How will the Company recall furloughed flight attendants?

A: Furloughed flight attendants will be recalled in order of his/her seniority at the time of furlough. If a flight attendant fails to accept a recall, they will remain on furlough status. The Company will then continue to recall more junior flight attendants. A furloughed flight attendant who fails to accept a recall when there are no more junior flight attendants on furlough shall be considered to have resigned from the Company.

Thanks for the responses! I was on the VF2 for the maximum allowable period of time, which was 3 years. After that point, I had the choice of coming back, quitting, or going on the VFLR and still getting my flight benefits - which is the one I chose. So I'm not sure if being VFLR makes a difference or not. Someone posted in another thread that VFLR's would be offered to come back as new hires, but I don't seem to remember that being the case. It all just seems so confusing and I've never been 100% clear on the rules about the recall procedure or my seniority upon return.

Oh well, I don't suppose it really matters. It doesn't look like they'll get to my seniority for voluntary furlough recalls anytime soon. And from what I hear about the way things are, I'm not sure I'd want to come back anyway. I've settled into a new career and I'm earning good money, but I have to admit there are aspects of aviation I miss. I know, I know....it's not the same place I left 5 and 1/2 years ago. I realize that. But my current career would allow me the flexibility of doing that job AND flying, as long as I could drop down and fly as little as possible. At this point I'm just thinking out loud. :)

Again, thanks for the info.

Thanks for the responses! I was on the VF2 for the maximum allowable period of time, which was 3 years. After that point, I had the choice of coming back, quitting, or going on the VFLR and still getting my flight benefits - which is the one I chose. So I'm not sure if being VFLR makes a difference or not. Someone posted in another thread that VFLR's would be offered to come back as new hires, but I don't seem to remember that being the case. It all just seems so confusing and I've never been 100% clear on the rules about the recall procedure or my seniority upon return.

Oh well, I don't suppose it really matters. It doesn't look like they'll get to my seniority for voluntary furlough recalls anytime soon. And from what I hear about the way things are, I'm not sure I'd want to come back anyway. I've settled into a new career and I'm earning good money, but I have to admit there are aspects of aviation I miss. I know, I know....it's not the same place I left 5 and 1/2 years ago. I realize that. But my current career would allow me the flexibility of doing that job AND flying, as long as I could drop down and fly as little as possible. At this point I'm just thinking out loud. :)

Again, thanks for the info.

StewGuy VFLR is (Voluntary Furlough with Limited Recall) was the buy-out are you sure that you didn't take the Infinifite Voluntary Furlough. The company offered a financial incentive for those people to leave on VFLR. Those are flight attendants gave up the seniority and longevity and take the mone. If you took the leave 5 and a half years ago you probally took the extended VF and not VFLR. Those flight attendants on VFLR probally will never come back.

Stew what is your seniority

. . . Someone posted in another thread that VFLR's would be offered to come back as new hires, but I don't seem to remember that being the case. It all just seems so confusing and I've never been 100% clear on the rules about the recall procedure or my seniority upon return.

I believe this will be of some help.

http://www.afausairways.org/contract/contract04.pdf

L42-2
(Adobe page 351 of 389)

3.b. A flight attendant who leaves the service of the Company on a VFLR will be offered one recall opportunity but only after the actual recall of all other voluntary and involuntary furloughees, and subject to the forfeiture of his/her prior longevity and seniority (i.e., he/she will start as a new hire employee in all ways except that he/she will not be subject to the normal probationary period). A flight attendant who is offered such recall and declines it will be deemed to have resigned.

StewGuy VFLR is (Voluntary Furlough with Limited Recall) was the buy-out are you sure that you didn't take the Infinifite Voluntary Furlough. The company offered a financial incentive for those people to leave on VFLR. Those are flight attendants gave up the seniority and longevity and take the mone. If you took the leave 5 and a half years ago you probally took the extended VF and not VFLR. Those flight attendants on VFLR probally will never come back.

Stew what is your seniority

Good catch and thanks for clarifying that, DeMetrius! No, I didn't take the buy-out, I'm on the extended VF. Sorry for explaining that incorrectly the first time. I'm still on the seniority list (hire 8-11-86).

Good catch and thanks for clarifying that, DeMetrius! No, I didn't take the buy-out, I'm on the extended VF. Sorry for explaining that incorrectly the first time. I'm still on the seniority list (hire 8-11-86).

StewGuy with a 1986 DOHyou have the best of both worlds, when they start the VF recalls if you want to come you can or you can pass until there is no one junior to you or the seniority.

A gal pal of mine left US and went to work at DL.
She is on a rotating reserve system now(a month on and a month off or something like that)

Maybe we would have less of a problem getting people to come back if that were the case here. People are leary about being on reserve again every month for the REST OF THEIR LIFE (well almost <_< )

Is this a possibility for us ever? :blink:

A gal pal of mine left US and went to work at DL.
She is on a rotating reserve system now(a month on and a month off or something like that)

Maybe we would have less of a problem getting people to come back if that were the case here. People are leary about being on reserve again every month for the REST OF THEIR LIFE (well almost <_< )

Is this a possibility for us ever? :blink:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

The union WILL NOT EVEN ENTERTAIN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have talked to them many many many times about it and they DO NOT WANT to hear about it!!!!

A-holes!!!!!

Latest posts