Painting of the Fleet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess you have comprehension problems, they bought it from Citibank and changed it over to the US Air Shuttle. The planes were overhauled in INT.

Hate the entire concept of "heritage". The biggest mistake of the merger! No, we are all one from this day fwd period. That circle of "death" should be retried. Are we done with the bi-polar airways crisis yet? So many days so little personalities.
View attachment 8992
TOTALLY AGREE! The whole "Heritage" BS should be kept as an INTERNAL Company related Campaign "IF" they even felt it served a purpose (which it doesn't). Make a Deal out of it on Merger Date, if You need to. Otherwise it is silly unless You are an airline junkie/fanatic. I Love the reference to the 'circle death' :lol: the other one I laughed at was 'the orb of dysfunction'. To think that ANYONE gets 'warm and fuzzy' over this BS is beyond Me. And I will not even address The Current Livery.......and believe it or not I really don't mind The Swoosh or tail. It's the rest of the scheme that SCREAMS B-o-r-i-n-g!

Reactions: 1 person
I say bring back the Navy blue paint job... or a metallic silver like the old US Air planes were. I know the Airbus aircraft can't be bare but we still have our Boeings that can fly around naked. Does anyone have an airplane strip pole?

I say bring back the Navy blue paint job... or a metallic silver like the old US Air planes were. I know the Airbus aircraft can't be bare but we still have our Boeings that can fly around naked. Does anyone have an airplane strip pole?

The bare metal only looks good on newer a/c that didn't have to be stripped following years of paint. Given that all of the Boeing fleet is pretty old, I doubt that it would look good. I have noticed that many of AA's a/c are starting to look drab in the last few years as well. The bare metal needs to be buffed and kept up just as much as a painted a/c does.

Just wondering if anyone has any info about the completion of the new livery on the remaining A/C. It seems that a majority of the A-321's are still in the old colors. As far as I know very few of them were repainted to begin with. Just about all of them wearing the new livery were delivered that way within the last 2 years. I can only assume that hopes of a merger with UA played some role in it, but that is behind us now. All of the A/C in the old livery look pretty beat and faded anyway, so why not wrap this project up already after 5 years.

Prediction:

CO/UA, then Southwest/AirTran will have their enitire fleets painted by the time the last USAirways "Blue Top" is painted.

By that time, it will be time for the next new CEO at USAirways, and the commensurate "new livery" that arrives with each new management team.

Any guesses on who that might be?

I have a different prediction: The current livery will be the last US Airways livery. US will likey merge with someone before it's time for another new livery. Just who that someone is remains to be seen.

Prediction:

CO/UA, then Southwest/AirTran will have their enitire fleets painted by the time the last USAirways "Blue Top" is painted.

By that time, it will be time for the next new CEO at USAirways, and the commensurate "new livery" that arrives with each new management team.

I predict a Golden Globe on our tail . Just sayin ;)

Prediction:

Hopefully ANYBODY other than the Tempe Twins

Why? You folks will still be unhappy and hate whomever the new managment is reguardless. It is your nature.

Not true at all. We hated our previous management teams at USair and US-Airways but the America West management has taken the thought to a who new level. NEVER have I seen a team with such a divide with it's employees. NEVER! ! ! !

Not true at all. We hated our previous management teams at USair and US-Airways but the America West management has taken the thought to a who new level. NEVER have I seen a team with such a divide with it's employees. NEVER! ! ! !

I seem to recall similar statements made about Wolf/Gangwal, Siegel, etc. :rolleyes:

I seem to recall similar statements made about Wolf/Gangwal, Siegel, etc. :rolleyes:

Roll the eyes back in the head. Come on. We all liked Uncle Ed at USAir. Blah Blah Blah. Wolf and Gangwal were here to sell it off and make a buck. That said, they knew how to deliver a product. PERIOD. Siegel was a BK lackey with no spine and regrets his lot in our history from what I read.
Doug and Scott are here to cash in but have no idea what they are doing. They are amateur to the 9. They want to be Wolf but are so un-respected in even Tempe CEO circles it's hysterical! I had business men on flights that tell me flat out they are the joke of the "inside" circles. They choose to treat the rank and file like crap and wonder why they smell like SH**. Had they adopted a SW or CO style they may have pulled it off and cashed out as planned. Now they are stuck. Day traders would not give them a cubical at this point.

Amen to that. I don't think there's a front line employee or preferred member who wouldn't like to have inflight service go back to the service level of those days as The Carrier of Choice!
Dare I say back then we had a little PRIDE in the product. We didn't make crap up be it inflight, customer service and maint. Ewww....maint would be blasted for broken seats! We as a F/A group wanted to be a big player and wear the uniform proud. Now they just degrade us like DOGS. But Boy do they want the pay day BAD. Freaks.

This current team is a joke. They are the joke of the employees and by other airlines and ceo's of other industries. They are legends in their own minds and believe they are the best of the best. Believe what ya want. :lol:

Reactions: 2 people
Status
Not open for further replies.