Retro Paint, US started a trend

Like anyone in Tempe has has an original thought. :rolleyes:
you mean drinking alcohol and getting behind the wheel of a car (for the fourth time) isn't an original idea??
actually, there is a superb story in this month's "attache magazine" (or whatever generic name it now assumes) regarding starbucks. it is really a brilliant piece on corporate innovation that simultaneously embraces employee, customer, and competitor. and, i am fairly confident, based on the dearth of multi-syllable words, that any member of our senior management team could read the entire article...

you mean drinking alcohol and getting behind the wheel of a car (for the fourth time) isn't an original idea??
actually, there is a superb story in this month's "attache magazine" (or whatever generic name it now assumes) regarding starbucks. it is really a brilliant piece on corporate innovation that simultaneously embraces employee, customer, and competitor. and, i am fairly confident, based on the dearth of multi-syllable words, that any member of our senior management team could read the entire article...

First, it is the Las Vegas Advertisement Magazine

Second, perhaps the article is in there because Starbucks is recruiting US employees.

...coinciding with the delivery of the carrier's 50th Next-Generation 737 airplane and commemorating the expanded legroom now standard in coach on all American Airlines jets.
Must be an old PR piece. AA quickly added back those coach rows.

Did AA totally strip St. Louis of TWA's former hub?

US needs a Focus City in the middle of the USA. St. Louis would not be so bad or MCI. I guess they would need gate space.
I used to fly for TWA and from what my former coworkers have said, STL is nothing compared to what it used to be. But let me tell you that Lambert Fields (STL)delays were worse than PHL back in the days when I was there. I left in 1998 and came to US a year later. Southwest had just moved into a new terminal built for them by the city. Now I hear it is similar to BWI with the Southwest effect. No one wants to take them on. AA still routes small jets through there, mainly the 737 or smaller. It became somewhat of what PIT is to US. A HUB basically torn to pieces through mergers and bad management. I would love to fly back through there now.

Yeah, the retro livery is a years old ideas that USAirways copied. Big deal.

The only reason USAirways did it was to distract the employees so when they saw one of "their" retro liveries rolling by, they might (for a few seconds) forget what a trial this place is and remember the good old days.

I was never really a big fan of the Heritage Planes but over time have come to accept them and actually like when passengers comment on the livery. On a recent trip we had the STAR ALLIANCE bird that really generated alot of questions from enplaning customers. Just last night I saw the retro AWA sitting at a gate in the night with its tail lite ON.....it looked great. Hopefully more of the liveries will be brought back in some way. And I certainly hope they keep at least one of the Turquoise/Orange AWA and Midnight Blue US.

I was never really a big fan of the Heritage Planes but over time have come to accept them and actually like when passengers comment on the livery. On a recent trip we had the STAR ALLIANCE bird that really generated alot of questions from enplaning customers. Just last night I saw the retro AWA sitting at a gate in the night with its tail lite ON.....it looked great. Hopefully more of the liveries will be brought back in some way. And I certainly hope they keep at least one of the Turquoise/Orange AWA and Midnight Blue US.
What about the "Tin Can" look of the US Air planes mid '80s-90's? Just make sure its done on a 737,757 or 767. No Airbus.

Actually AA has a mainly ERJ presence in St. Louis a few MD-80s to some hubs and I've seen a 757 a couple of times. I've never seen them fly the 737's here.

The airport recently finished a new runway that was planned way back when TW had a larger presence here. The new runway should reduce delays significanly if anyone decided to add a hub here. WN has a petty good size presence too and I think nobody wants to go up against them and AA.

There was a rumor of a Trans Atlantic flight being added. My guess would be that might be AA adding a flight to LGW.

With the new runway I think St. Louis would be a good spot for a hub.

Back