Partying with management......WTF?

Chuck Schalk

Veteran
Nov 17, 2006
Mitch,

I must caution your subjective interpretation of the differences between southwest and american airlines.  You stated "labor partying with management" in your article below and gives the impression that everything is fine between labor and management. I will  let you in on the skinny......It is not fine. Who do you speak with about this harmonious relationship? not to our people on the floor i am sure of that.
If you think that the moral at AAL is great because the company stock is doing well then your research was flawed. many are not happy with Bankruptcy agreement that only passed by a few votes which demonstrates that almost half of the work force did not vote for it.  You wonder why the southwest employees are upset? they are being subjected to unprecedented challenges in their negotiations due to large concessionary contracts by the TWU and American Airlines over the last 30 years.  I always said how our concessions will affect the industry and here it is.  You give way too much praise to American Airlines in the terms of labor relations and the illusion of great harmony. While the short time executives are raking in millions in their pockets, labor is stuck with 30 years of concessions so put the party on hold as of yet for the employees Our labor relations is not good on the floor and i can only see it getting worse.

Chuck Schalk

AMT/JFK

http://www.dallasnews.com/business/columnists/mitchell-schnurman/20140621-american-airlines-vs.-southwest-whos-having-fun-now.ece

Feel free to comment on this article to  Mitchell Schnurman at    [email protected]

What is the TWU response to "Labor partying with management" ?

this guy never leaves the office to write his stories. makes a few calls and there the story is! not a Pulitzer prize winner.

Chuck Schalk said:

Mitch,

I must caution your subjective interpretation of the differences between southwest and american airlines.  You stated "labor partying with management" in your article below and gives the impression that everything is fine between labor and management. I will  let you in on the skinny......It is not fine. Who do you speak with about this harmonious relationship? not to our people on the floor i am sure of that.
If you think that the moral at AAL is great because the company stock is doing well then your research was flawed. many are not happy with Bankruptcy agreement that only passed by a few votes which demonstrates that almost half of the work force did not vote for it.  You wonder why the southwest employees are upset? they are being subjected to unprecedented challenges in their negotiations due to large concessionary contracts by the TWU and American Airlines over the last 30 years.  I always said how our concessions will affect the industry and here it is.  You give way too much praise to American Airlines in the terms of labor relations and the illusion of great harmony. While the short time executives are raking in millions in their pockets, labor is stuck with 30 years of concessions so put the party on hold as of yet for the employees Our labor relations is not good on the floor and i can only see it getting worse.

Chuck Schalk

AMT/JFK

http://www.dallasnews.com/business/columnists/mitchell-schnurman/20140621-american-airlines-vs.-southwest-whos-having-fun-now.ece

Feel free to comment on this article to  Mitchell Schnurman at    [email protected]

What is the TWU response to "Labor partying with management" ?

While I agree with you 100% on the morale issue. Mechanics ***** a moan all day or all night long and the planes keep rolling out in the morning. Since our worthless union and their lack of leadership does not say a word to the media on how we have the worst contract in the industry while this company makes record profits, all the media hears is managements comments on how great everything is these days.  The International is happy with the dues coming in so what do they care and by the looks of it the new president of TWU Intl is worse than what we had before, if that's even possible.

I really don't know why you waste your with these stupid articles, lets stay the course and get rid of this Totally Worthless Union.

GO AMFA!!!

Reactions: 7 people
Mitchell is nothing but a cheerleader for AA. Sure he may on occasion take a passing swipe at management but that's nothing but a vain attempt at establishing the facade of impartiality.

Exactly Bob.  I wouldn't be a bit surprised if he wasn't paid by AA to post the article.  Time for the unions to post their beliefs huh???

IIRC this dumb ass union even agreed or signed somewhere that they can't complain.