Passenger Receipts Will Only Be Emailed

There are lots of changes and the ones US is currently adopting from HP are the easiset and obvious, immediate cost reduction, i.e. no structural changes need to be made. There are others in the works that HP is having to resolve as they never had to deal with (International), or they wish to adopt from us and need to put in place with themselves.

If we operated a perfect booking reservations system, which we don't these days....the mistakes are never ending with the vendor offices.....but it's the mistakes that can't be viewed if you don't have a computer...they won't be noticed until the day of the flight....we have a ton of errors getting corrected on a daily basis - this is passengers that can view and receive confirmation online - the requests are few but not everyone has a computer or access to what has been booked...obviously the recapping of an itin one each call is not a vendor office goal - or we would not have soo many mistakes.

Res said:
:down: It never ceases to amaze me, with all the outsourcing and vendor office and mistakes that are being made..
[post="302807"][/post]​

I'm taking up a few foreign languages......My last job just got shipped to a foreign country! ! ! Looks as if I'm going to need to know at least one.

Eliminating the mailing of paper receipts is great idea. I always thought they were a waste. HP doesn't always do everything better than US. For example on Int'l flights HP has you hand write your emergency contact information on the ticket they print upon check-in. For US Airways you just tell the agent and they type it in and keep it electronically.

ringmaruf said:
Hey, I'm sure that they're doing lots of things right. But they're not doing *everything* right. There have to be just a few things that US does better, but it sure seems to me right now like they're going to be ignored.
[post="302834"][/post]​

deja vu..

sounds a little like the shoe may be on the other foot...
remember the late 80`s..

lol

i don't even open the receipts they send me by mail. i always ask for a receipt at the airport. i don't think it is a bad idea.

MarkMyWords said:
Isn't that the HP way?

Me thinks this is another Mirror Image policy.
[post="302810"][/post]​

Well. We just got our first "training" packet today. One policy that we have adopted from US that I knew oal were doing and I NEVER liked it because I felt it was VERY customer UNfriendly is the "use it or lose it" policy. In other words, if you don't cancel rez prior to travel and rebook you lose tkt altogether! That is a major rippoff! Things come up in passengers lives where perhaps they were unable to call to cancel (not saying this is case always, but it's the honest ones that always seem to suffer with policies like these).

The other policy is repricing returns no matter what. We always used to just look to see if same class of service was avlbl. If so we sold new return into that class and only charged $100 rif. Now everything is repriced no matter what! Doesn't seem customer friendly to me!

Lets rape the passengers! Why not...management can't seem to run anything so let's let the pax take the HIT! Not liking some of this.

Other things are looking favorable....it's gonna be a rough go for all of us. We all are too set in our ways...change is hard....but let's work together...K?

Use or loose is a necessity when we adopted the LCC fares.

Repricing returns isnt a U policy unless the old fare doesnt allow it, or the class of service isn't available. This is a new US policy from Tempe.

reznc said:
Repricing returns isnt a U policy unless the old fare doesnt allow it, or the class of service isn't available. This is a new US policy from Tempe.
[post="302950"][/post]​

This is definitely a new policy. If the fare bucket was available and you didn't break the fare rules (e.g., eliminating a Saturday stay when there originally was one), you just had to pay the $100 fee.

reznc said:
This is part of coming inline with HP policies.  To be honest very few people dont have access to a computer today, and on the whole it was a great waste of money.

You work for a LCC, more changes to come.
[post="302809"][/post]​

How utterly insane that a customer would not receive a paper recipt of their purchase.

Isn't this illegal? Specifically if you are using credit card over the phone?

Someone contact Ralph Nader! :blink:

reznc said:
Use or loose is a necessity when we adopted the LCC fares.

[post="302950"][/post]​

This is a new policy from OAL that MGMT (hp and us) have decided on...plz stop referring to everything being HP mgmt decisions. This isn't necessarily so. Seems so demeaning...it sounds so much on these boards that US emp are "blaming" HP for things...plz remember...we are helping each other out here...at least we have a job! (Even tho you guys are and will be getting paid a H... of a lot more than HP--for awhile anyway)...

PitBull -

A customer can priint a receipt off the web, at the kiosk or ask an agent to print a receipt for them. What we are eliminating is the cost of printing and mailing receipts on all purchases. This will help reduce distribution costs (which is a non-labor cost reduction that makes sense.)

Bambi -

We are not blaming AWA for everything.....a merger is a change in culture. You'd like to think that the new management team is looking at the policies of both airlines and trying to take the best of each. In previous mergers, it didn't work that way. It was the "cool northern efficeincy" that really dismantled some of the best aspects of the airlines they took over. We don't want to see that happen again. My comment was just an observation, so far most of the policy changes have been made to align US policies with AWA's. Not saying it is good or bad....

jcw said:
Eliminating the mailing of paper receipts is great idea. I always thought they were a waste. HP doesn't always do everything better than US. For example on Int'l flights HP has you hand write your emergency contact information on the ticket they print upon check-in. For US Airways you just tell the agent and they type it in and keep it electronically.
[post="302911"][/post]​
I think it's better to have the passengers fill it out. It's not as high tech, but it's a time saver for the agents. Plus, no need to worry about typos.

I would like to see the PDQ'S G_O_N_E>>!

Since you've adopted NO kennels, dump the PDQ's.
And I Dont want to hear they are money makers!

You work the counter and deal with those IDIOT Couriers. :down:
They have no idea what planet they are on let alone, a CAP number..

Send them Baggage Circus to do it, or dump them all together!!!

That's why this bid I'm Not at the T/C.. :up: :up: :up: