Bang! - You're Unemployed!

El Gato

Advanced
Mar 24, 2004
Some basic facts about the employees of US Airways, and the wonderful world of UNEMPLOYMENT.

1. You will kill your company via the unions, and your perception that the world around you owes you something. Folks like 700UW, PitBUll, OldGuyinPA, etc are hot to put the blade to the throat of US Airways to satisfy their sense of "pride". Well, that day is fast approaching when they and those new builldogs on the ALPA negotiating team drag the blade across the throat. See that blood running to the floor? That is your paycheck too with it(no matter what amount it is).

2. Hurry up and finish it off! You can do it! Why am I eager to see that happen? Because folks like me will be willing to work your job for half your pay and double your workload(and we would actually get the work done to instead of standing around the Philly break room scratching your butts). You see, you are overpaid and underworked. You think that a ramprat deserves $17-19/hr when someone else right next door is doing it for half that. You think a salary of $100,000 a year is "poverty pay" for a captain. $100,000 is a hell of a lot of money to me....can I have your job? I would be willing to fly your plane for $60,000 a year to start...and I will be happy to work the full 85 a month too! So please, hurry it up ALPA and kill your jobs - for me! :up:

3. No one is gonna hire you. There are little, if any airline jobs out there right now, and those who are hiring can afford to be extremely picky about who they take in. Unionista? Get lost loser! Flight attendant who looks like an extra from a zombie flick? Get lost old hag! :lol: Mechanic who wants to come to a new company to try to start a union? Move to France, you may be happier there! Yes, once you kill US Airways, you will be searching for a LOOOOOONG time for someone to take your sorry faces in....which leads me to...

4. Come on all you chislers, spongers, welfare queens, unemployment kings! You are fond of saying, "I don't care if the company dies, I will live off of unemployment for a while!". Now THERE is an attitude that makes America great.....LIVE LIKE A KING OFF THE PUBLIC DOLE! Real class act, you are. But your probably so "smart" you don't see it as a bad thing, eh?

5. Even if you gave nothing back in concessions, it STILL is possible to save the company. But that would require you doing something worse than just concessions, oh no, you would have a greater task set before you....YOU WOULD ACTUALLY HAVE TO WORK THE RIGHT AMOUNT FOR YOUR PAY!!! You see, paying some dope $17/hr to do a $12/hr job with an actual amount of $5/hr of labor performed is not good business, folks. Capitalism does not work that way. You have to EARN the amount you get in the paycheck, and from I see, you are not worth jack. Planes don't get pushed at PHL because the nearest mech(why can't a rampy or an agent push back a plane? Is it something special?) is busy reading Hustler in the bathroom stall. Bags don't get loaded because rampers are slow as molasses, and really just don't give a damn - yet they earn more then the WN folks next door who are getting the job done, day after day. Planes wait for a jetway driver because the nearest gate agent is busy hanging with the "sistas" and shooting the bull.

6. But no, I would not be able to finish this off without firing a few barbs off at someone other than the employees. Yes, CCY it is your turn. Why? Because you are remoted and absent from taking the corrective measures that need to be taken. Sitting in an office overlooking the Potomac is no way to run an airline. You have to get down in the mud with your men, so to speak, and lead them to the best of their abilities. You have to win their hearts and minds, and as far as I can see you have failed to do so. In fact, the only thing you have done is to succeed in enraging the troops! :shock: If you would do things right, the labor problems would not exist in the first place. Get out of the limos, get away from the palace(which needs to go!) and start mingling with the common folk. Get to know the workers, and learn to understand them, not fight them. Unions can be an instrument of evil; they can also be a force of good when dealt with correctly.

And now....some recommendations:

Close PIT - the city is bilking US Airways for insane fees and has maintained a hostile attitude. Facilities are not all they are cracked up to be, and CLT is offerring far more for far less(CLT LUVS U?).

Centralize all the corporate offices, operations structures, res centers, everything. An ideal location to place everything in is CLT, since taxes are lower there then PHL and CLT is more hospitable. This means closing CCY(you will save a few yen on rent there!) moving the PIT stuff, and closing the res centers that aren't needed. Expand CLT maintenance - there is room to grow there.

Clean up PHL. Replacing the chiefs there right now is good, but you need to start being picky about the squaws as well. It is tough to find a good worker in the PHL area....ask WN if you don't believe it. PHL workers need to be updated or replaced, period. You have too many lazy unionistas who spend more time writing up grievences then actually working to change the airline. Get rid of them. Give them to WN - slip your enemy some poison!

Get a new website! Your website is a piece of junk! Compare it to the websites of WN or B6 and you will see complexity vs. simplicity. WN and B6 have no nonsense, no BS sites that give the customer what they want, WHEN they want. They don't have the "Back button of death" like US Airways.com has. They maintain dates entered in memory. They are simply better, and you should be too.

FARES! :ph34r: Why are you clowns still charging $1000-1200 fares on routes with flight times less than 6 hours? No other airline is trying to pull a scam like that, except you! Start charging the passenger based upon the CASM, like you say is so high....wow, 40% higher than WN. Ok, so instead of paying $100.00 to go PHL-PVD, you are going to charge me $140.00 ...guess what, your seats will fill up. If joe customer can buy a fare like that as walkup, he will still come to you everytime, especially when you offer things like Star Alliance, Frequent mileage, etc. Charge $350.00 maximum for a transcon walkup or webfare, and you will see those seats get filled everytime.

Concessions - yeah, I know it sucks, but heres the deal folks. Your back is against the wall. You can either work to save what you have, or throw it all away and try to make it on your own. If you have read the above, you SHOULD realize that dying is not the answer. Do what is necessary, take the cuts, get on the ball. Siegel said that at least you could US Airways as a launchpad to another job - he wasn't joking. Employers will be FAR more interested in you if you are currently working. No one likes giving ANYTHING up, but you know what? Life sucks, get used to it. If you believe the likes of PitBull and others, you are probably going to go and slit your wrists the day US Airways ceases operations and you suddenly realize(too late I might add) that you have no paycheck coming in and you can't make your mortgage, rent, etc. Life will throw you many curveballs....learn to catch them before you strike out.

That is all....over and out!

700UW, PitBUll and OldGuyinPA are the sqeeky wheels looking for oil. They are the vocal minority. I believe most of the U employees are willing to do what ever it may take to survive. I realize who signs my pay check. It has never been written on an ALPA, IAM, AFA, TWU or CWA bank account.

Seatacus said:
Yawn....heard this before. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ <_<
That's the SPIRIT! Keep thinking along those lines, jack. I can't wait to see what your gonna do when all is said and done. Wait....you MIGHT be one of those "I'm so rich I can afford to kill a company" guys. Well, please make yourself scarce from US and leave the airline business. You are poison to your fellow men. Sure you won't suffer, but others will....

4. Come on all you chislers, spongers, welfare queens, unemployment kings! You are fond of saying, "I don't care if the company dies, I will live off of unemployment for a while!". Now THERE is an attitude that makes America great.....LIVE LIKE A KING OFF THE PUBLIC DOLE! Real class act, you are. But your probably so "smart" you don't see it as a bad thing, eh?

The money you get is the money you put in. Unemployment money is yours, its not welfare.

FLYAWAY said:
700UW, PitBUll and OldGuyinPA are the sqeeky wheels looking for oil. They are the vocal minority. I believe most of the U employees are willing to do what ever it may take to survive. I realize who signs my pay check. It has never been written on an ALPA, IAM, AFA, TWU or CWA bank account.
Well said brother....and while ALPA may have a strike fund built up to keep their members afloat awhile after the paychecks stop coming, most unions don't. Their members will not get a cent from them, and they(the leadership) will have lost their paying members.

One more thing to consider here...if US Airways goes Tango Uniform and the business community blames it on the unions - LOOK OUT! Every other major carrier out there will have you to point to and be able to say to their unions, "See that guy there? Wanna end up like him? Give me what I need, and I won't make you a loser like him". I can assure it will be open season on the airlines unions, and everyone is gonna blame the US Airways employees for ruining them.

If you're in customer service and it comes down to a $13.00 an hour (top out) job you will do no worse in your next one. I already have mine lined up! :up: Just waiting to see what happens..... I know if Daves worth 11,000.000.00 :blink: . Im worth more than $13.00 an hour. :D

to much time to quit said:
Your speech was so inspiring I shorted out my keyboard with the tears flowing from my eyes. :blink:
I hope it was tears of laughter and recognition. I am laughing. :lol:

sentrido said:
The money you get is the money you put in. Unemployment money is yours, its not welfare.
While the second sentence is somewhat true, the first is not. It's called "unemployment insurance." It's an insurance policy. You might get nothing out of it, or you might get more out than you put in.

Thus, saying "it's yours" is the same as suggesting one should burn down one's house in order to collect a homeowner's insurance payout.

Ok
I meant they wont give you more than you put in. At least they wouldnt for me. That was PA. Maybe its differnt for other states.

deltawatch said:
If you're in customer service and it comes down to a $13.00 an hour (top out) job you will do no worse in your next one. I already have mine lined up! :up: Just waiting to see what happens..... I know if Daves worth 11,000.000.00 :blink: . Im worth more than $13.00 an hour. :D
Can you elaborate as to why you are worth more than $13/hr? I know people who do your job just as good, if not better than you for less pay and more hours. So please, tell us all about what makes you special as a customer service agent to make you deserve more than $13/hr. Do you have a nice smile? Do you flirt with your customers? Do you "have a way" with people? So does the person working for less per hour but earning the same by working more hours. And those are ACTUAL work hours - standing around behind the Philly counters and gabbing with your co-workers while a huge line of customers is waiting to be served does NOT qualify as work! If you do the work that is there, maybe I could believe you are worth what you say. So, do you?

Remember though that some people Choose to burn down their houses to Collect the Insurance.... There are A LOT of us that DIDN'T CHOOSE To go on Unemployment.... Although Im enjoying it and having a lot of time off ...Why Shouldn't one be Entitled to Collecting what they Deserve !!!!!!!!!

Some people I know that choose to get other jobs.... when those jobs didn't work out they found themselves unemployed and UNABLE to collect Unemployment anymore !!!!!!!!!!!!

Colby said:
Remember though that some people Choose to burn down their houses to Collect the Insurance.... There are A LOT of us that DIDN'T CHOOSE To go on Unemployment.... Although Im enjoying it and having a lot of time off ...Why Shouldn't one be Entitled to Collecting what they Deserve !!!!!!!!!

Some people I know that choose to get other jobs.... when those jobs didn't work out they found themselves unemployed and UNABLE to collect Unemployment anymore !!!!!!!!!!!!
Colby,
All the more reason why one should NEVER burn down their house, no matter what condition it may be in. Your home is your home, your job is your job....don't squander it!

Colby said:
Remember though that some people Choose to burn down their houses to Collect the Insurance
Yes, they do. And it's called arson and fraud, both of which are felonies.

.... There are A LOT of us that DIDN'T CHOOSE To go on Unemployment.... Although Im enjoying it and having a lot of time off ...Why Shouldn't one be Entitled to Collecting what they Deserve !!!!!!!!!
Because it's not an entitlement. Its purpose is to carry you briefly so you can find a good-fitting job. I don't know the PA laws, but everywhere I have looked at the rules of unemployment insurance requires that you sign affadavits that you have been actively searching for work. I hope you have been.

Latest posts