Passenger Receipts Will Only Be Emailed

Bambi,

Any word on stand-by fees? I don't stand-by often but if there was ever a chance that I wanted to stand-by, I'd book on another airline.

Also, how in the heck to they expect you to be able to reprice an entire ticket if you have already flown the outbound?

Bambi said:
Well. We just got our first "training" packet today.  One policy that we have adopted from US that I knew oal were doing and I NEVER liked it because I felt it was VERY customer UNfriendly is the "use it or lose it" policy.  In other words, if you don't cancel rez prior to travel and rebook you lose tkt altogether!  That is a major rippoff!  Things come up in passengers lives where perhaps they were unable to call to cancel (not saying this is case always, but it's the honest ones that always seem to suffer with policies like these).

The other policy is repricing returns no matter what.  We always used to just look to see if same class of service was avlbl. If so we sold new return into that class and only charged $100 rif.  Now everything is repriced no matter what!  Doesn't seem customer friendly to me! 

Lets rape the passengers!  Why not...management can't seem to run anything so let's let the pax take the HIT!  Not liking some of this.

Other things are looking favorable....it's gonna be a rough go for all of us.  We all are too set in our ways...change is hard....but let's work together...K?
[post="302942"][/post]​

Ever tune a guitar or any other musical instrument? Getting it exactly right the first time just never happens. Expect some tweaking along the way.

Revolutions said:
Bambi,

Any word on stand-by fees? I don't stand-by often but if there was ever a chance that I wanted to stand-by, I'd book on another airline.

Also, how in the heck to they expect you to be able to reprice an entire ticket if you have already flown the outbound?
[post="303248"][/post]​

Use historical fares noted in the fare calculation or one way fares, depending on whichever is less. They do something similar already when you change the returning destination after departure.

Not mailing out receipts that can be picked up for free (to US minus the cost of a boarding card) make perfect sense. Half the time the people didnt even look at the itinerary until they got to the airport and realized they had the wrong date (some didnt even recognize it then!). Anything to save money that doesnt come out of my paycheck is fine with me.

While we're at it, can we get the company to stop mailing things to my house? I have a mail box at work that wont cost them anything to distribute things. My latest favorite was a thank you note from Jerry telling me how he appreciates me taking care of the customers (I got a good letter), a month after the fact and no copy of the note in question so I still dont know who or what it was about.

PineyBob said:
Spirit and Jet Blue do exactly the same thing. It looks low rent though. Ticket stock does create a better impression

[post="303351"][/post]​
I agree, it does "Look" better--but those things are trashed so quickly anyway. Airlines just need to do more of this "outside the box" (sorry--I hate that phrase) thinking. Not only is a roll of receipt paper much less expensive than the tickets stock, but the printers themselves are cheaper and need less maintenance. For example, on a basic thermal receipt printer at a retail store, you need no ribbon.

PineyBob said:
Why on God's Green earth do I need the company to spend about 6 cents to print the reciept, plus the costs of folding & inserting and another 37 cents to mail me something that I will open and throw out in less than 30 seconds?
[post="303351"][/post]​

Minor point: I'd be almost positive that with the volume generated, they would almost certainly be miling at a presort rate, not at a single-piece rate. Believe it is currently either 29 or 24.5 cents per piece depending on the amount of presorting done (down to 5-digit ZIP level or further down to carrier route/delivery point sequence level).
So, still a fair sum, but not quite as much.