Passengers Refuse To Even Discuss Us

USA320Pilot said:
Bear96:

How are things going at your company?

By the way, Art at ISP is a customer, and his opinion seems different than the malcontents on this board. How can that be?

Regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="200583"][/post]​

Malcontents, huh? Well, considering the definition I would have to agree with you on this one. I am not content. I am downright disgusted. ART did not say employees are happy, he said they are professional and don't display their displeasure while working. That just reaffirms how good U employees are at what they do. Contrary to your belief, the MAJORITY of U employees have had enough.

OldGuyinPA said:
How wrong you are...320pilot. Morale is lower than ever, most people have found other jobs and are just waiting out the end game. This board does represent the majority of employees......They are not scared, they are angry and they voted STRIKE.......do you get it ????, they just don't give a rats a** anymore.
USAir...ways is toast....as in Burnt.
[post="200541"][/post]​
And just to add, a classy person can be mad as hell and know when to keep their mouth shut and be respectful to the customers. It's easier to hide in the cockpit and pretend all is hunky dory with a no face voice thank you for flying US Airways..We know you have a choice in air travel.
320 pilot, I have flown with you and you do a good job, but to say morale is improving? You need to get out more and off the boards to see the truth. <_<

Loads always go up in November when compared with Sept. and Oct. Yields for everyone in the industry continue to go down, although the amount differs at each airline.

USA320Pilot said:
Art as ISP:

I USA320Pilot comments: I have noticed too that the loads have increased within the past 10 days, as well as employee morale improving. This message board does not represent the views of the majority of US Airways' employees. The malcontents, those who are angry and bitter, are always the loudest because they are scared and do not know what to do.

There a lot of positive events occurring during the transformation and these are over shadowed by the nayayers.

Your experience is typical of what is happening on the line.

Best regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="200534"][/post]​

I agree that most agents are facing this crisis with professional behavior. That is truly the best way to handle it. However, Thousands are about to either lose their job of face major pay reductions to remain employed. At his time in our lives to say that employee morale is improving is one of the more stupid things you have said.

youngblood said:
Malcontents, huh? Well, considering the definition I would have to agree with you on this one. I am not content. I am downright disgusted. ART did not say employees are happy, he said they are professional and don't display their displeasure while working. That just reaffirms how good U employees are at what they do. Contrary to your belief, the MAJORITY of U employees have had enough.
[post="200651"][/post]​

Youngblood,

Your assessment of the situation is correct. My comment was not that people are happy nor that morale is improving--it is that US employees are professional and continue to do an outstanding job despite the current situation. Virtually everyone I speak to is upset at what's going on, but I have yet to see that passed on to the customers. For that I commend and thank each and every one of you.

I had an interesting conversation with the F/A on my flight to MCO yesterday. He said that Mr. Lakefield was actually quoted in a newspaper as saying that the most senior employees are a liability. Well he couldn't be further from the truth. The senior employees are a valuable asset, and are, in fact the company's strongest advantage over its competition. They are the reason I and people like me stay loyal.

This may not be a popular statement, but I think that the furloughs/force reductions should be done by merit rather than solely seniority. If you lose your most valuable asset, then what reason do the frequent travelers have to stay?

Wings made a comment about fares--let me repeat--your most frequent loyal customers did not ask for nor do we want go fares...we want FAIR fares.. We never asked for $29 or $49 fares, but we will no longer pay $1000 or more to go LGA-CLT. If the fares are RATIONALIZED, you will improve revenue and actually make a profit.

The fact that the overwhelming majority of you folks continue to smile, do your job professionally and exceptionally well and continue to treat the customers like no other airline does is a testament to what you are made of...WE notice it, and we are trying to make sure that CCY notices it (they do actually). For that all I can say is THANK YOU!!!

My best to you all.......

CynicalResAgent said:
I loved the "drooling retards" too, laughed so hard that it almost made wine come out of my nose......
[post="200314"][/post]​

Laugh all you want. They will still be rich and you won't.

Art at ISP said:
Youngblood,

Wings made a comment about fares--let me repeat--your most frequent loyal customers did not ask for nor do we want go fares...we want FAIR fares.. We never asked for $29 or $49 fares, but we will no longer pay $1000 or more to go LGA-CLT. If the fares are RATIONALIZED, you will improve revenue and actually make a profit.

The fact that the overwhelming majority of you folks continue to smile, do your job professionally and exceptionally well and continue to treat the customers like no other airline does is a testament to what you are made of...WE notice it, and we are trying to make sure that CCY notices it (they do actually). For that all I can say is THANK YOU!!!

My best to you all.......
[post="201254"][/post]​

AMEN.

1st: As we say over and over and over again, the $29 fares are insane--your most FF's don't expect fares that low. Rationalized fares are needed, however. US still charges upwards of $1400 between PHL and DFW.

2nd: If it wasn't for the frontline employees, I would have stopped flying a long time ago. Sat next to a pax last week who said that US F/A's are the worst. Told her that she had no idea what she was talking about and that she obviously doesn't fly as much as she pretends to--yes, i did say that to her--come to find out, she was an op up--she probably thought we were going to get green limes with our vodka & tonics on this GoFare route we were flying. And, every opportunity I get to commend a US employee, I do it. Was on hold 45 minutes recently to tell CA that a flight crew went out of their way to make their customers happy.

"as well as employee morale improving"

Reminds me of this one: "There are no US soldiers in Baghdad"!

I think FT is a frequent traveler.

There are more frequent travelers loyal to US than not--US is the ONLY airline who has an organized group of customers dedicated to the survival and future success of the airline.

28 yrs, I am sorry you feel the way you do--your fellow customers will miss you.

My best to you all......