Us Refuses To Make Good On My Ticket

PBRmeASAP said:
If the company treats all of you so bad.....look for another job. When I travel on USAir I am sick of scowling flight attendants, grumpy gate agents...etc etc. Once in a while if someone is having a bad day thats fine but this is terminal!! I travel on America West also a company I believe has very similar pay scales and work rules as Airways and 90% of the time they treat me very well.  I now have all my people book me away from Airways when possible.
[post="236681"][/post]​

America West employees have not taken a 46% wage and benefit cut in the last 4 years or lost their retirement.

If you always have made lower wages than the industry standard then it is acceptable,normal way of life.

Maybe tonight when your spouse serves you dinner they will fill your plate up,put it in front of you,and then take 46% of the food off of it.

I bet you, Mr.Joe or Jane customer,would really be a happy camper if your boss cut your wages by 46 % and took your retirement.Then on top of that,threatened to outsource your job every week.

And to top it off,SWA pays their employees some of the best wages in the airline business and they still are making a profit.
They have proven that cutting employees wages and benefits is not the answer to operating a successful airline.

Have you ever given it any thought that US.Air might be poorly managed and stop blaming the employees who are being robbed by management to compensate for their incompetence?
Even the BK Judge in his recent ruling stated that he had serious doubts that USAir could emerge from chapter 11 EVEN WITH MORE CONCESSIONS.
So the problem is not USAir employees!

JS writes
I have put up with a lot of b.s. from this airline, with its shrinking network, dirty planes, junk fees, labor unrest, lost bags (my bag was lost for a day on this trip), but I want to give US Airways a chance to keep my business.

Just one question

Why?

goingboeing said:
America West employees have not taken a 46% wage and benefit cut in the last 4 years or lost their retirement.

>>>>Correct.  They were already paid lower wages.<<<<

If you always have made lower wages than the industry standard then it is acceptable,normal way of life.

Maybe tonight when your spouse serves you dinner they will fill your plate up,put it in front of you,and then take 46% of the food off of it.

I bet you, Mr.Joe or Jane customer,would really be a happy camper if your boss cut your wages by 46 % and took your retirement.Then on top of that,threatened to outsource your job every week.

And to top it off,SWA  pays their employees some of the best wages in the airline business and they still are making a profit.
They have proven that cutting employees wages and benefits is not the answer to operating a successful airline.

>>>>Correct. SW realized it was best not to overpay in the first place.  Also, they never had a defined benefit pension; they have profit sharing.  And since more people getting profit sharing means less per person, the employees have always wanted only as many employees as needed.<<<<

Have you ever given it any thought that US.Air might be poorly managed and stop blaming the employees who are being robbed by management to compensate for their incompetence?
Even the BK Judge in his recent ruling stated that he had serious doubts that USAir could emerge from chapter 11 EVEN WITH MORE CONCESSIONS.
So the problem is not USAir employees!

>>>>Robbed? Since when is it being robbed to be paid for work?<<<<
[post="237123"][/post]​

JS said:
Now, before some of you say "Who cares, we're getting big pay cuts", my situation is more like you getting a paycheck this week that reflects a cut US already decided to make last week and didn't tell you.

Employees know how much they're going to be paid for this week and expect to be paid that much. ...
[post="236549"][/post]​

Now you know how the employees feel. The pilots have taken two retroactive paycuts. Thought they were getting paid a certain amount and ended up getting paid less.

I feel bad for you. If at all possible, don't fly U. U will not care if you are screwed. But they might pass out a cupcake in the terminal once in a blue moon.

Cheers

PineyBob said:
Well to some on this forum Customers are to blame for all of these ills. Afterall if we would just pay more money for tickets everything would be OK.
[post="236956"][/post]​
:blink: :unsure: :blink: :huh: :unsure: :blink: :huh:

;)

Fatherknowsbest said:
You are on a board frequented by employees/former employees that have lost jobs, pensions, medical coverage, 20 to 50% in salaries etc by a Company that no longer respects hard working people. I could be wrong, but I do not believe that you will find much sympathy about your Christmas ordeal. Many of these folks have been harmed far greater than you.
A Company that treats employees this way cannot survive for much longer.
If this Company doesn't care about its lifeblood (its employees), why would you be surprised that they don't care about you?
[post="236553"][/post]​

Fatherknowsbest, you are a self-centered, egocentric, sad excuse for humanity. "Many folks have been harmed far greater than you." What is that? UNBELIEVEABLE. You are really wallowing in self-pity but have NO capacity to feel for others. Your lack of empathy shows your lack of humanity. Your are to be pitied. But just a tip; maybe you should keep your thoughts to yourself, it isn't exactly a flattering picture!! :down:

You are on a board frequented by employees/former employees that have lost jobs, pensions, medical coverage, 20 to 50% in salaries...

Yeah, GEEWHIZZ. You are one selfish person epecting all those things.

Now... if they had withheld your block of Christmas cheese... then you would have something to whine about. :D

madders said:
there is no ticketting fee at the ato if you have to use a voucher ,so get your fact straight before you "published" it online

I will have to check on it but I believe the advance ticketing can be waived JS....I will check and pm you soon or pm me and leave a phone number and I will get back to you ASAP
[post="236944"][/post]​

Thanks. I'm in the middle of a trip now and won't even be able to fly to DUJ until the end of January, so the 14 day advance purchase is not a problem.

UA has charged me every time I needed to ticket at the airport (one reason I hate them). :down:

I still dont understand why they were given the RTFC in the first place since they are to be used for OVERSALES only and not compensation. This is part of the reason people think we hand out free tickets whenever someone is late or misconxs.

And something else (not related to JS but related to compensating people), WHY do we continue to dish out compensation in amounts that are WAY over what we should be doing? When you are compensating people (again not JS) MORE or very closeto what they paid for their ticket to begin with then it just isnt worth it. I know of a situation where reservations were changed due to one of the hurricanes, the people were rebooked earlier in the week in F since that was all that was available, they got to CLT and had to wait for assistance, still made their flight albeit with some "worry and panic", complained AND got a voucher for quite a bit of what they originally paid for their original coach fare ticket that they used AND got to their destination on. Can someone splain it to me?