Payroll problems?

JonC

Advanced
Sep 9, 2002
I don''t want to start a panic here...this could be just a run of the mill screw up we''re all too familiar with. But did anyone else not get paid today?
Today was supposed to be my first severance payment and I got nada. I''m going to raise heck all day tomorrow, because with Christmas coming up, good luck getting anything done next week - and I kind of could use that paycheck before Christmas.

Don't know if it helps but when I was furloughed the pay skipped a pay period due to some type of clerical change due to your non active status. (I do not remember the exact excuse) Suffice it to say I did get all my furlough pay.....It just took longer than expected. All the guys laid off with me had the same problem.

[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 12/19/2002 11:02:24 PM JonC wrote:
[P]I don't want to start a panic here...this could be just a run of the mill screw up we're all too familiar with. But did anyone else not get paid today? [BR]Today was supposed to be my first severance payment and I got nada. I'm going to raise heck all day tomorrow, because with Christmas coming up, good luck getting anything done next week - and I kind of could use that paycheck before Christmas.[/P]----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE]
[P] Well, I'm furloughed from RES and I know that the "pay period" for res isn't over until Sunday. The first of my severance checks is due on Friday, December 27. Don't know how your pay periods fall JonC. [BR][BR]pitrescsd[BR][/P]

[blockquote]
----------------
On 12/19/2002 11:02:24 PM JonC wrote:

I don't want to start a panic here...this could be just a run of the mill screw up we're all too familiar with. But did anyone else not get paid today?

Today was supposed to be my first severance payment and I got nada. I'm going to raise heck all day tomorrow, because with Christmas coming up, good luck getting anything done next week - and I kind of could use that paycheck before Christmas.
----------------
[/blockquote]
do you have direct deposit or do you get a check...money does not go in till late thursday..my furlough stubs came on sat...no interuption..

Still didn't get anything deposited overnight. I don't have the luxury of sitting around and waiting for the company to get me the money next pay period, especially since I'm still waiting for my unemployment to start up.

Does anyone have the number for payroll? They need to resolve this screw up today...Next week will be a total joke in terms of getting anything done, because of the holiday. With them closing the TPA hangar, I have absolutely no local management here that can fix the problem.

JonC...

My first severance check went directly from the Company to the USAFCU office in CCY, in the form of a check. The CU deposited it for me and mailed me the stub and deposit receipt.

I was "furloughed" back in January when they closed the IND res office. Our first severance check was an actual live check that came in the mail because they had to change our employee and pay status. All subsequent checks were direct deposited until it ran out. That first check did come about a week after the normal pay day and we all had the same experience.

Well, it's day four of the pay scenario and I haven't seen a dime yet. Friday, basicly I got the "it's Friday" and we'll look into it Monday. Well, it's just about close of business on Monday and I STILL HAVEN'T SEEN A PAY CHECK OR A FREAKIN' DEPOSIT into my account. Generally, I'm a patient person, but this is the type of "it's not my problem" issue that just personifies most of US Airways' leadership and administration. HELLO! It's days before Christmas and I KIND OF NEED TO GET PAID!!!!! Tomorrow, I'm calling payroll directly and going to raise all manner of dissent until I see some money on the way. Good luck getting anything done between Christmas and New Years.

I am entirely disgusted by this whole affair. They lay me off and then close my base on my weekend prior to my last day at work. I'm given absolutely no instructions on how to deal with this crap and found one manager who was sympathetic and was going to look into it; but this is a load of crap.

You owe US Airways a dime and they beat it out of you. They owe you money, and it's like trying to pull the last dime from a bum - a little like dealing with the IRS, I suppose.

In the way that our payroll department thinks, as long as you get paid someday, there is no reason to hurry. In my case, this screw up couldn't come at an absolute worse time for me - then add in the fact that the 9-5 segment of our company doesn't seem to give a crap about any of it, just steams me.

Call your union. They helped get us into this mess, perhaps they can help you to see some green before the New Year. Of course I hope your in good standing.

I finally got ahold of a helpful clerk in payroll and my check will be in the mail today....now we'll just see if it shows up.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 12/24/2002 8:45:51 AM JonC wrote:

I finally got ahold of a helpful clerk in payroll and my check will be in the mail today....now we'll just see if it shows up.
----------------
[/blockquote]
------------------------------------------------------------

But will they respect you in the morning? [img src='http://www.usaviation.com/idealbb/images/smilies/9.gif']