AA Non-Rev Payroll Deduction Charges, Proposed Change Possible.

ChrisUS said:
This also saves the company from having to send a bill to me and me having to write a check and mail it back.  

I'm on board with allowing us to register a credit card to be charged for actual travel...that way it saves the invoicing and mailing process for retirees...and merges 2 separate processes into one.  Seems logical to me.

bob@las-AA said:
If I NR, and list my self  for coach, and it is full and I have to get out, I must pay for FC. I don't have anyone listed on my list because this is the best for me. A family member asks for a ride, I reply sorry
no can do. Buy a ticket and you'll be there before me. This whole thing isn't about what is convenient and what works for us, but if it is the most cost effective for the company. We as employees are not aware of the inter workings of this seemingly simple act of non-reving. And if a change is in the future, we will adjust. 

[email protected] question.  Yes...we will all survive no matter what is decided, but the question is, which would you PREFER.  To bank money for potential travel, or pay what was actually traveled?  

If you prefer banking...then I guess that's matter of opinion and we'll just agree to disagree.

Cheers

AirwAr said:

I'm on board with allowing us to register a credit card to be charged for actual travel...that way it saves the invoicing and mailing process for retirees...and merges 2 separate processes into one.  Seems logical to me.
I like that idea too.  Even easier! At US we used to have to buy paper upgrades that were non refundable.  20.00 transcon. 100.00 international or Hawaii.  The 100 was refundable.  This is MUCH better. 

Reactions: 1 person
AirwAr said:

[email protected] question.  Yes...we will all survive no matter what is decided, but the question is, which would you PREFER.  To bank money for potential travel, or pay what was actually traveled?  

If you prefer banking...then I guess that's matter of opinion and we'll just agree to disagree.

Cheers
Simple answer, what ever the company decides, I have no preference. Again this term "bank" is foreign to me, is this just made up? The concept of getting something today and paying for it tomorrow is just another way of saying "Charge me". But I will go off topic for just a minute.
The bigger picture is this,
Three rumors are heading to in the direction of this,
Rumor # 1 CS change,
Rumor # 2 Travel change,
Rumor # 3 Sick time change,

The best way to control costs is to control the way we make our income. Force employees to work the hours given them and remove the flexibility, then make it harder to get sick time, and force them to use FMLY, witch is unpaid and they can't ding your for that, but to get FMLY, your doctor has to approve it and you have to reapply once a year.
And lastly charging on the spot for travel and no more payroll deduct,
This is all to leave your paycheck whole, for example, a person how only works 50% of his part-time shift and travels, brings home a Zero check, that person is not paying for his/her medical premiums for the year. But that person is enjoying the benefits of it but not contributing to it.
In the end its all about money, and not whats convenient for us but to lower the expenses year to year.  

Reactions: 1 person
Ran acroos an interesting NR issue last week. An AA flight number operated by SkyWest as US Express on an AA routing. It does not exist in the US non rev system, the NRPT shows the flight and as operated by US Express, but you cannot list for it. Luckily the gate agent was able to list us and check us in. I assume we will have to live with that on those rare cross utilized routes until Oct 17.

Unless the company decides to eliminate all duplicate city pair flying--e.g., DFW-DCA--I hope they make some change to the NRTP to eliminate endless pages of mixed listings.  For instance, if you specify DFW-DCA as the route you want, you get DFW-DCA, DFW-IAD, and DFW-BWI listing, and since the maximum number of listings provided is a total of 20, the only way to see flights later in the day is to change the controlling departure time specification--default, 0500.  Say you change the departure time specification to 1700.  It will give you listings at, after, AND before 1700.  You never really know if you are seeing all the listings available or not.  Same thing happens on DFW to LGA, JFK, or EWR.

Maybe some sort of toggle switch to allow mixed or "pure" listings; so that if you specify DFW-DCA, it will only give you DFW-DCA results.  If I am non-revving to DCA, it is because I want to go to Washington, D.C. or the immediate area--such as, Arlington or Alexandria.  I do not consider IAD and BWI as convenient alternates. 

Reactions: 2 people