Phl- Terminal A Security Line

taylor01 said:
3 wks ago I came back from FCO
connected in phl no problem....gee ...guess what I even made
the early connex to my destination....35 mins from intl to "F"
no prob....
signage was fine.....
stop complaining....U is a great airline...mgmt needs some attention in some areas
not in this case....
Were there any other international flights arriving at the time you did? Did you have bags to collect and recheck? Did you end up at the back of the line after clearing Customs and Immigration or did you scoot thru before the crowds and head off to your gate leaving the masses behind?

I came back from Ireland a couple of months ago without a problem. We were the first or second plane in and didnt have to wait for immigration, didnt have any bags to claim and walked right thru basically so I didnt have a problem either, but.

This is something that an elderly couple from Manchester, England (they speak English too), brought up to me yesterday at work. THEY, the CUSTOMER, had a problem with it. THEY, the CUSTOMER, are worried about flying US back thru PHL since they dont want to miss their flight home. THEY, the CUSTOMER, are relying on US to give them a safe, easy travel experience. We are not doing this.
I dont have the authority or power to get TSA or the PHL airport to change things. Management does have the power to address things with them. That is the ONLY reason that this is managements responsibility. I dont think management can control TSA or the airport, but it is up to them to work with TSA and the airport to get a known problem corrected for OUR CUSTOMERS or come up with a plan to mitigate the effects. If you have the power and authority to change it or any PHL agent can, then please do so and I wont be bothered with customers complaining to me anymore. Thanks.

MMW,

Your above point is also an observation and problematic. No matter who or how many are to blame for the "madness" in PHL, our (U) passengers are being effected. And Tadjr is exactly right, U management has the authority to speak to the Airport/Security and look for remedies to this problem. If it goes unchallenged, then nothing will be done, and folks will avoid going through PHL whenever and wherever possible.

I PM'd Hawk and flyonthewall and asked them to reveiw this topic.

MarkMyWords said:
What is really sad is that we spend litterally millions for this cluster to accomodate our inconvenienced customers in hotels and with meals and it could be solved if TSA and the company would get off their behinds and address the problem. Funny how WN's arrival at PHL gets a total reconstruction of the security access to the concourse, but no one will address the isuse of A con. Another example of where WN gets preferential treatment. :angry:
Is it special treatment if one asks/negotiates a change? I think the problem is no one at US is asking or the managment that is asking is not strong

I think its terrible that this issue won't get resolved, yes the new A terminal is nice, spacious, and makes us look like a real Airline...then Whamo! Welcome back to USAirways Philly Hub....let the STRESS begin! So much for the enjoyable flight...all that gets erased! It's bad enough that the flight times back to the US from Europe this time of the year push many of the ontime arrivals due to headwinds. You reassure people that the arrival process is soo much better with the new terminal and that getting to their connections won't be a problem at all. Then you have to bow your head as you pass them in line at security when leaving the terminal to get on the employee bus. I don't really think pax realize that this isn't a USAirways problem, when you operate the majority of the Airport, they relate the problem to the Airline, not TSA. If we are trying soo hard to make PHL the crown jewel of the system and repair our image and integrity with our pax....why can't we resolve this issue.....adding 1 more security line is a 100% improvement over what's there now. Are there any safety issues with having pax lined up down corridors like that with no exits? I really would hate to see what would happen in the event of an emergency or something!

There are currently 4 lanes for TSA rescreening passengers and carry on bags. Starting this week, we have added a 5th lane that will be fully operational to handle TSA screening this Friday. This will result in an increase in capacity by 25%.

We will be opening a door passageway for international passengers to avoid making the long walk along the glass partition and avoiding mixing with other airline queues.

We will implement a customer bussing operation at the A concourse for transport to Terminal F - thus we will have a courtesy bus to/from F at both Terminal A and C. This will be completed before the end of November and every effort is being made for a pre-Thanksgiving startup.

usacrew3 said:
Finally, there is nothing worse than to be sitting in a hotel in Philly for six days, yes six days trying to get a trip on quick call....
With all due respect uscrew..I sat for 6 months, yes 6 months and only flew 4 trips and a few OPR's on the old.

If people would have flown ONLY their time or at least their time, this wouldn't even be an issue.

At least now we ALL are suffering NOT only the junior that will be there for MANY MANY YEARS TO come.

Sorry to sound so negative, but you are crying a deaf tune.

flyonthewall said:
There are currently 4 lanes for TSA rescreening passengers and carry on bags. Starting this week, we have added a 5th lane that will be fully operational to handle TSA screening this Friday. This will result in an increase in capacity by 25%.

We will be opening a door passageway for international passengers to avoid making the long walk along the glass partition and avoiding mixing with other airline queues.

We will implement a customer bussing operation at the A concourse for transport to Terminal F - thus we will have a courtesy bus to/from F at both Terminal A and C. This will be completed before the end of November and every effort is being made for a pre-Thanksgiving startup.
Good work then. Why did this take so long?

For my employee suggestion, how about a most pressing solvable problem at PHL list. Set a priority, then fix each one within a set schedule. Sounds an awful lot like-------management.

After all, Mr. Siegal said PHL is our crown jewel. Maybe we should use a little more polish.

As a "chronic complainer", I would suggest the poster who thinks that a constructive criticism about how the millions the company spends to try and salvage the business goes right down the toilet when the customer experience is manhandled in a hub where lousy attitude, constant delays, and poor overall design, along with consistent baggage delivery/loss issues are the order of the day, doesn't affect business. You're right pal. We just don't get it. So keep right on going . So far, everything is really working. "Now, if we just didn't have to deal with those annoying passengers................."

Twicebaked,

I should probably have started my lack of trips on another thread. I was referring to the number of inconvenienced passengers I run into while I sit in hotels in PHL, especially the Ramada. I have resigned myself to the fact that I will be furloughed once the holidays are over and you are right it is in part because so many people overfly and continue to get away with it. The union does nothing about it and the company encourages it. I love this airline and would love to see it succeed, however, in addition to the fare structure, its the passengers!! Without them buying tickets we have no airline. By the way for anyone who is interested and can check out option 18 in catcrew and see how many flight attendants have 1 or even 0 trips for the month.

flyonthewall said:

So did anyone fly into/thru PHL this weekend? How are things going with another line (and the secret passageway) opened? I was there Sat, but didnt make it over to A.

Latest posts