Phl To Jax In Feb.

xoxo

Veteran
Aug 4, 2003
www.usaviation.com
Just thought this was kinda interesting..on Feb. 12th there is a PHL to JAX flight that is flown by EMB-170..it leaves out of the B terminal in Philly. Maybe they posted the wrong gate on the timestables. It says B15..why would this be if the company has MAA flight out of the F terminal? Anyone???

I think the company is going to move all the MAA flights in PHL to the B and C terminals next month..all the gate arrivals and departures are in those terminals.

that's a good move... hopefully when they rool PHL, they'll be able to get many more e 170 and larger craft in and out of b and c. I'd like to see them reject some leases in F.

"IF" true (moving back over the the mainline terminals in Philly), I find this very interesting. Maybe I am thinking too much, but they (mainline) brought down the international wall. Could they be bringing down another wall (MDA/Mainline). Maybe not, but is there to much traffic over in the "F" terminal? What is the story behind this move? Probably nothing.

-Have a good one

Pitguy74,

I was checking into it a little bit more and the B and C terminal thing actually looks like it starts Jan 31st. Maybe someone on here can give us some better insight? Nobody seems to know.

Someone might also have realized that trying to get all those 72 seaters out of the F concourse is causing a problem with shuttling everyone on a bus there. With the amount of MDA flights in PHL, thats a lot of people to have to move via busses out to F and vv. Also there are different connection times for the flights out of F terminal. Maybe moving them back to B/C will help alleviate the strain on busses/CARS dealing with assists and 72 more people each flight having to schlep out to BFE to catch a plane?

Part of the reason (if we are moved) is that the F terminal was designed for use by Dash 8's and RJ's.

That means the facilites are geared towards those aircraft, and thus none of the jetways have AC power hookups... They have DC.

So we either have to use a APU (burn gas), or hook up to one of the few ground power units when the APU is inoperative.

This "move back" has been a ongoing rumor for sometime, but I guess we will see what happens.

Not having any units on the jetway is definitley a pain. Word goes out on which aircraft have their APU out, and you just pray it isn't coming to your gate. At one time we had about 3 or 4 out at one time. I haven't heard anything about this move, but we're pretty comfortable down at F, so moving will definitley be a big change.

There's problems with the whole Express branding of the plane. People are in F, getting on an Express flight, so they leave thier bags in the gate area or jetway thinking it's going to be handed to them in thier destination and get a nasty shock when they realize that despite the Express, there is no valet planeside checking.

Also, since neither the website or boarding passes say US Airways Express on them (like it does for the actual Express carriers), people look for thier flights in B/C anyway. People don't just head over to the commuter terminal when they are flying to Dallas or wherever. So then when they realize its supposedly Express, they get lost all over again in CLT and PIT where they ARE operating out of mainline gates. How about some consistency?

And some of those gate areas are not very big for such a large plane.

I've never been on a "MidAtlantic" flight where any of the crewmembers mention the word Express or MidAtlantic in announcements. Why don't they just take it off the plane and stop degrading a great product and causing mass confusion for the customers? The folks who work there know they are getting Express pay to fly a regular jet. Does the world need to know? Only US Airways would make up a fictional airline to cause confusion. "US AIRWAYS EXPRESS MidAtlantic Airways- Operated by US Airways" is what it says on the plane. Uh, doesn't that make it US Airways?

Stepping off the EMB 170 and onto any of the "F" jetways in Philly is a difficult task for the old and buzzed. It's like being at an old school carnival. I thought about hanging funny mirrors along the jetway walls and collecting cash at the top of the jetway for some extra cash. Once one is paid up, it's a whole other show folks.

Attachments

• funny.jpg
    funny.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 86

Latest posts

Back