A Terminal in PHL.

WCT

Veteran
May 8, 2007
Visit site
I just have to comment on the A International concourse in PHL.
What a wonderful, beautiful Terminal. I had the great opportunity to work last nite, the last flight out of PHL to PHX at A21. What a great concourse!!! I know there is a lot of b!tching about Philly, but our gate agent worked alone on our flight and was sooo nice and accomadating!! Thank You! I truly think you East folks have a great place for International flights. PHX can't even compare! LOL. We usually work out of the B gates, and that is nothing to brag about. By the way, the TSA personel were extremely friendly also. I haven't worked much in and out of PHL, but this was a great experience. Thank You! :D :up: I hope your experiences in and out of PHX are just as good. B)

Oh, Prince. Can't you take a compliment for once?? :lol:
Let me just add. Do you on the East realize how good the place/concourse A terminal really is? JFK, EWR, and IAD can't compare how nice accomadations that are in PHL. I would love to see a great structure come out West for once! PHX, LAX, SFO, SEA, etc suck big time! The runway's and delays might be hefty in PHL, but be proud of the accomadations. :) DFW, DEN, and ATL are the only airports I would give bigger compliments. :D

Let me just add. Do you on the East realize how good the place/concourse A terminal really is? JFK, EWR, and IAD can't compare how nice accomadations that are in PHL. I would love to see a great structure come out West for once! PHX, LAX, SFO, SEA, etc suck big time! The runway's and delays might be hefty in PHL, but be proud of the accomadations. :) DFW, DEN, and ATL are the only airports I would give bigger compliments. :D

You want to see a great structure that actually worked? Go to PIT.

Seriously though, in PHL to get the whole perspective you need to take a field trip to the "F" concourse and enjoy the fine dining and service at Jet Rock. When you are finished eating be sure to go chat up the gate agents or sit in the gate area with the rampers.
You just have to walk to A1 and if you are lucky the bus will be running to take you all the way to F10. OR the bus won't be running and you can be just like our passengers and get to hoof it the 20 minute walk to the B/C concourses THEN hop on the bus at C16 to get to F10. As you can see, our PHL terminal is a challenge to the senses once you step away from our "jewel" A concourse.

Seriously though, in PHL to get the whole perspective you need to take a field trip to the "F" concourse and enjoy the fine dining and service at Jet Rock. When you are finished eating be sure to go chat up the gate agents or sit in the gate area with the rampers.
You just have to walk to A1 and if you are lucky the bus will be running to take you all the way to F10. OR the bus won't be running and you can be just like our passengers and get to hoof it the 20 minute walk to the B/C concourses THEN hop on the bus at C16 to get to F10. As you can see, our PHL terminal is a challenge to the senses once you step away from our "jewel" A concourse.

I agree that PIT's terminal worked well in design and functionality, BUT the PHL A-West terminal is beautiful, bright, and airy and reminds one of any major European airport...an improvement over the dark, dreary feel of the PIT airport.

I would love to! PIT is a beautiful airport, and reminds me of the MSP airport, but what a sad story. I didn't realize how big PHL airport was until last nite. I was amazed. Our little desert airport in PHX, can't compare! :lol:

I would love to! PIT is a beautiful airport, and reminds me of the MSP airport, but what a sad story. I didn't realize how big PHL airport was until last nite. I was amazed. Our little desert airport in PHX, can't compare! :lol:

AMEN...PHX needs to remodel those tacky carpets and broken FIDS...

And crap employees... O wait.. I work in PHX...

PHX needs to fix our broken dreams! :mellow:

Terminal 4 HP side is a hole. You go to WN it's a good terminal with a Wendy's. We have to pay for overpriced crap if we forget to bring a lunch.

I still eat it though.... LOL

As an architecture geek, I have to admit it, A West is beautiful (when it's kept clean). The talented people at Kohn Pedersen Fox architects designed it. The International Arrivals Hall is great. I love the super script passage from the Declaration of Independence on the walls there. KPF also designed the new concourse to be built at Dulles and the new terminal at Buffalo. If only all civic architecture could be this good. Sigh.

Ummm, IMHO SFO has one of the nicest terminals. We are discussing international terminals right? Now I know it's a delay prone facility due to marine wx but the terminal is extremely nice from checkin to gates to concessions (a lot of local food options not national franchises) and cleanliness and great transportation options, I use BART all the time from SFO.

What a wonderful, beautiful Terminal. I had the great opportunity to work last nite, the last flight out of PHL to PHX at A21.

Ahh, so you worked 257 last night. I wish I would always know when someone comes through. Thanks for the comments on A-West, much appreciated. They've been giving 658/257 on us nightly for about a month now. I was very surprised the first night I saw that on FIDS. Finally! I might have a chance to work a west flight - still haven't been assigned it.

Ahh, so you worked 257 last night. I wish I would always know when someone comes through. Thanks for the comments on A-West, much appreciated. They've been giving 658/257 on us nightly for about a month now. I was very surprised the first night I saw that on FIDS. Finally! I might have a chance to work a west flight - still haven't been assigned it.
Yes indeed. Hope to see you next time! Thanks for the great service. :)

Oh, Prince. Can't you take a compliment for once?? :lol:

Nope. I can't handle compliments. They make me curl up in the fetal position and cause tremors.

BTW, just in case anyone needs to catch up:

1) I don't work for the airline anymore

2) I never worked in PHL, but I flew through it far too many times

3) The current management team is, on the whole and in my opinion, the problem with US Airways

So, I figure that just about covers it for me. I wish all the employees who choose to stick it out with US Airways a lot of luck, but I will probably (94.2% chance) never fly it again for any reason. Did I mention that 74.3% of all statistics are made up on the spot?

Philadelphia's new A terminal is truly state of the art. It is a joy to fly from.
Now all they need is to get their act together with regard to passenger service.
I recently had a flight from PHL to CLT and the US Air site indicated the flight
would leave from Terminal A. However, PHL airport has an A East and an A west!

They are not even connected.

When we were approaching, signs said A International flights and A domestic
So we naturally went to the domestic terminal...however, not only was my flight not listed
for the domestic A terminal, US air does not have any counters there.
I had to prevail on another airlines personnell to give me an answer.

I had to walk outside on a busy passageway in the rain with my luggage to get to my
check in counter.
(There is no inside passage between these terminals.)

Latest posts