PHX base shrinking.

WCT

Veteran
May 8, 2007
Visit site
LAS will shrunk 20% by the end of AUG. PHX is right behind at 10%. Do we want to retreat to the Old US Airways business model with no more BIG West operations?? Scary for US PHX based employees!? Sandcastle protecting there precious GEM, Philly? Even CLT, hasn't lost as many flights for the fall schedule and winter?? What is going on? US Westies have a fight on our hands. Hawaii is taking a back burner too!! :down: Any hopes, PHX will stay a big Powerhouse in the future for US, besides a merger?! :unsure:

has it occured to you that the precious gem PHL and CLT are turning a profit? or are at least the closet thing to a profit this airline has

has it occured to you that the precious gem PHL and CLT are turning a profit? or are at least the closet thing to a profit this airline has
PLEASE?!! :rolleyes: We have heard this over and over! No reach in the West without PHX! Just hope this company doesn't ruin our West base! Competition only between WN and US/old HP here!! The Northeast has plenty to worry about. :rolleyes:

You're correct of wise and mighty cltrat.

One or more of the TACB (Tempe A$$ Clown Brigade) has publically stated that the drawdown would be yield based. That IMO did not bode well for PHX or LAS due to their direct competition with WN. Both hubs have been described as marginally profitable by the TACB.

PHL as a hub made money when US was bleeding money like a stuck pig, so it should come as no surprise that the drawdown will be minimal caompared to other hubs.
Piney, I hate YOU!!! Can't you say anything good about US Westies??!!! Do you hate the desert? Tell me something GOOD about the West besides the climate, please?????? :blink: :up: :lol: Stop being so negative! :lol: You know Im kiddin!

PLEASE?!! :rolleyes: We have heard this over and over! No reach in the West without PHX! Just hope this company doesn't ruin our West base! Competition only between WN and US/old HP here!! The Northeast has plenty to worry about. :rolleyes:
Maybe you keep hearing it BECAUSE IT'S TRUE! The guys in Tempe are trying to run a business, NOT A WELFARE PROGRAM. Employees, except executives, DON'T GET A VOTE. USAir tried to make money out west in the 80s after buying PSA and essentially shut that operation down after losing their keysters. The distances are too great and the yields are too low. LCC would have to get a lot leaner, like SWA, to make a west coast operation work.

Is any part of the PHX 10% seasonal?
That would make little sense being that winter is the high season in PHX. So if it was seasonal it should see a 10% increase not decrease. This seems to be purely based on the fact the PHX, while being a large city is mainly a leisure market.

look it isn't a personal thing just the facts your no reach in the west statement holds no water.
flights leave CLT every day 85 % plus full to LAX ,SFO, SEA LAS, SAN and yes PHX

Philly has long been US number 1 profit center and CLT has one of the lowest airport cost per pax in the industry

fact is CLT is said to be adding flights this fall

look it isn't a personal thing just the facts your no reach in the west statement holds no water.
flights leave CLT every day 85 % plus full to LAX ,SFO, SEA LAS, SAN and yes PHX

Philly has long been US number 1 profit center and CLT has one of the lowest airport cost per pax in the industry

fact is CLT is said to be adding flights this fall
You are right. But remember in PHX, WN doesn't go to ANC to and from PHX and LAS!! Or do they go to Mexico and Hawaii!??? Be proud of your PHX airline, skyrocketed NON REV"S across the system!!!!!! GEE, I wonder WHY??!!!!! :up:

The airline is shrinking in general. ALL airlines, with the possible exception of SWA, are shrinking. Management needs to reduce unprofitable routes-regardless of where they are. Don't take it personally, Will.

Those are some pretty impressive international destinations (sorry, couldn’t resist)

This post goes out to all the hopeless sinners, and pilferers of obsolete galley supplies.
Gee, Master Shake, IF, you only knew the Legacy of "US Airways", yes Mexico, Alaska, and Hawaii means A LOT, because before HP, they never went there, besides Mexico City, and CUN!!!! :up:

You are right. But remember in PHX, WN doesn't go to ANC to and from PHX and LAS!! Or do they go to Mexico and Hawaii!??? Be proud of your PHX airline, skyrocketed NON REV"S across the system!!!!!! GEE, I wonder WHY??!!!!! :up:

Sorry WCT, but East coasters don't holiday in Hawai'i or Messico.. they go to the dominican republic, Bermuda, and Aruba where you can get drunk & laid for like $50 a night... err somethin like that :p

oh yah, we do go to Vegas though! but we use allegiant now. We hate nasty big airports.

we dun need no stinkin hawai'i!

(user hides all of his leis and his lil hula dancing boy in his car)

Sorry WCT, but East coasters don't holiday in Hawai'i or Messico.. they go to the dominican republic, Bermuda, and Aruba where you can get drunk & laid for like $50 a night... err somethin like that :p

oh yah, we do go to Vegas though! but we use allegiant now. We hate nasty big airports.

I THOUGHT THAT US IS QUITTING DOMINICAN REPUBLIC. SO WE'LL HAVE TO TAKE JETBLUE.
ALLEGIANT ONLY FLIES TO SMALL CITIES FROM LAS.

SILLY FOOLS, PSA/USAIRWAYS QUIT THE WEST COAST, THUS GIVING SOUTHWEST ALL THE CHANGES IN THE WORLD TO MAKE MONEY. WE CAN GIVE UP PHX & LAS AND MAKE SOUTHWEST EVEN MORE PROFITABLE. AFTER THAT THEY WILL GO TO CLT & EXPAND IN PHL WHICH IS REALLY WHAT THEY WANT.

MANAGEMENT NEEDS A NEW VISION BESIDES SHRINKING THE AIRLINE.
IT'S AMAZING HOW WE GIVE UP FLIGHTS AND THEN ALLEGIANT COMES IN THE NEXT DAY AND MAKES MONEY ON THOSE FLIGHTS: BIL, FSD, COS, etc.