PHX Hanger Rumors

austwin1 said:
Does anyone know when the American Airlines name and logo are going to be put on the bldg?  Any new info on the expansion of the facility or additional info?  Thanks.

The new signage is already up on the PHX hangar.  They had to repaint where the old signage had been but used a lighter shade of blue to do so, so now the hangar has a two-tone color scheme to boot.

ChockJockey said:
I read a post on a.net recently (made by someone who should know) saying the apron in front of the hangar is going to be extended northward somewhat with those blast vents being removed or pushed back in order to allow larger narrowbodies to use the pads that are located there.  This may be done within the next few months.

I'm also hearing that many or most of the gates on N1 are going to get reconfigured so as to accommodate more 757's and 737-8's, though one or two gates may have to disappear for this to happen.  Apparently the old AWA 757's are (finally, finally) being retired and the Hawaii routes from PHX will be flown on East metal '57's.

Also hearing rumors about some routes going widebody by the end of the year in PHX, don't know if they're credible or not though.  Like anything, I'll believe it when I see it.
It's about 6 months after post was written, did any of this happen?

Freighterguynow said:
American is spending large amounts of money to expand the DFW Training Center for 4 new sims.

PHX has 5 empty bays right now.
I'm sure someone else like Flight Safety will gladly lease that empty space in PHX.

The training center is in DFW now. Mourn the loss if you want, but it won't be run as a split shop any longer than it has to be.

A full-out hangar at PHX sounds like a waste of money (the cooling bill would be outrageous), but I could see investing in some of the large mesh canopies used by the military at Luke and Davis-Monthan.

bigjets said:
It's about 6 months after post was written, did any of this happen?
N1 regating and the first few phases of the PCC replacement on N3 are ongoing.

The hangar apron project is still awaiting a notice-to-proceed but should kick off after the new year.