Piedmont Agents CWA Voting Results

CLT CS AGENT

Advanced
Feb 28, 2007
from www.piedmontagent.org

We came so close: just 60 votes shy of getting our union

"Despite overwhelming support for a union (and tremendous support and encouragement from union agents and flight attendants in the Piedmont-US Airways family), we fell just 60 votes short of getting our union. In the election tally conducted Feb. 19 at the National Mediation Board, 1,228, or 47.6 percent, of 2,574 Piedmont agents voted for union representation. Under the existing rules for airline union elections, we needed votes from 1,288 agents, or 50 percent plus one of all eligible agents in order to gain our union.

More than 62 percent of us signed union authorization cards in our petition for a union election that we filed with the NMB on Nov. 21."

:(

Damn sorry to hear that, now you have to wait one year to try again.

Time for the company to play games with you.

Once again, sorry.

thank you 700 for your support we continue to get battered severly by the ruthless mgmt at EN! OF course i have to wonder how much of an effect the Employees4Piedmont had on some of the other folks? And we had heard from some other folks that MDT and DCA were getting favorable treatment

I'd like to see some statistics at some point... I'm wondering what percentage of votes came from the hubs versus out stations. I spoke with a couple of my former employees and they said no one in their station voted for the union because "life is good for us".... while my station may be an exception in the system, there are a lot of smaller EN stations (fewer that 30 employees) where "life is good" but I'm wondering how bad it is in the hubs....

I'd like to see some statistics at some point... I'm wondering what percentage of votes came from the hubs versus out stations. I spoke with a couple of my former employees and they said no one in their station voted for the union because "life is good for us".... while my station may be an exception in the system, there are a lot of smaller EN stations (fewer that 30 employees) where "life is good" but I'm wondering how bad it is in the hubs....
And most of these outlining stations were mainline stations only to be expressed. "life is good for us"....mainline vs express you pick I know what I chose long with every body else. Voting a union in at express will not get mainline employees back at the outlining stations. Quite the opposite.

Phl was at about 92 % YES vote which should show EN that they treat their employees like crap. AHHHH but there are still the challenges. It ain't over until the fat lady sings!!

thank you 700 for your support we continue to get battered severly by the ruthless mgmt at EN! OF course i have to wonder how much of an effect the Employees4Piedmont had on some of the other folks? And we had heard from some other folks that MDT and DCA were getting favorable treatment
MDT has one of the best staffs in the Piedmont system. I can't think of a single stiff in the bunch.

MDT was definately a major disappointment. DCA on the other hand was great and was very loyal their fellow brothers and sisters system-wide.

we heard at our city that the reason the union was voted down by 60 votes was due to to mgmt giving a large number of employees who were not eligible to vote and the UNION is going to appeal thats what we have been told

Help us overturn our narrow election loss:
Employee list was packed with ineligible agents

We did a great job in getting 48 percent support for a union at Piedmont, but many agents are charging that management had many ineligible agents on the list. Help us in filing a challenge to the election based on an inaccurate list.

At one station alone, agents said that they counted over 40 names on management's employee list who were no longer employees. Being that we were just 60 votes short of winning a union, it appears that our victory may have been unfairly impacted by a large number of ineligible workers who should not have been on the list. In all, 1,228 agents voted for union representation of out 2,574 agents who were listed as eligible.

But it was fairly obvious that the original list of eligible agents that Piedmont presented to the National Mediation Board -- over 2,800 names -- was loaded with agents who should not have been able to vote. Piedmont agents worked hard to get the number of names reduced to 2,574, but it appears that many more ineligible workers were counted, thus denying us our rightful union victory.

Your immediate help is needed! We have 6 days (as of Feb. 20) to get our election challenge into the National Mediation Board. Please let us know immediately if you can let us know about any reports of the following:
If you know of any agents who were listed as eligible at your station.
If you know of any agents who were eligible to vote but did not get their balloting instructions from the NMB (or did not receive duplicate balloting instructions they requested).
If management used any tactics to intimidate agents into not voting in the election.

Please send your information to us at [email protected]

We need your help, PLEASE HELP!

I am so sorry to hear the EN did not vote in the CWA. I used to work for EN in CLT and while I can't speak for PHL, the management in CLT does whatever they want and have the poorest excuse for a station manager I have ever seen. Try again in a year EN, don't let them bend you over anymore.

Right out of the Jerry Glass handbook
JG is the master of whipsawing express alongside mainline especially when a union is involved
Along as you have an employee group out there doing the same work for less JG will take advantage of the situation and pit union against union employee against employee FACT!

We have a challenge Piedmont Brothers and Sisters. CWA :up: :up: :up: filed with the NMB yesterday. Its not over until the "fat lady sings"!

We came so close: just 60 votes shy of getting our union

"Despite overwhelming support for a union (and tremendous support and encouragement from union agents and flight attendants in the Piedmont-US Airways family), we fell just 60 votes short of getting our union. In the election tally conducted Feb. 19 at the National Mediation Board, 1,228, or 47.6 percent, of 2,574 Piedmont agents voted for union representation. Under the existing rules for airline union elections, we needed votes from 1,288 agents, or 50 percent plus one of all eligible agents in order to gain our union.

More than 62 percent of us signed union authorization cards in our petition for a union election that we filed with the NMB on Nov. 21."

:(

CWA represntation is sub-standard at best. If a real union such as the IBT was in the running, they eould probably have been voted in

Latest posts