NMB to allow American Airlines agents and representatives vote on union representation

My guess is you've got lower standards as to what tip-top shape is than some of us... I flew one trip on US last year -- three A320's and a CRJ... One of the A320's had double-sided carpet tape all over the inside the overhead bins in my row, on another, the seat cover was leather's equivalent of threadbare, and the CRJ still had the Flintstones themed bulkhead carpet.

And more germane to the conversation, one of the gate agents at PHL had more visible tatoos on her than my son in the Marines.
In US's defense, they've come a long way since the duct tape debate of `08!

My guess is you've got lower standards as to what tip-top shape is than some of us... I flew one trip on US last year -- three A320's and a CRJ... One of the A320's had double-sided carpet tape all over the inside the overhead bins in my row, on another, the seat cover was leather's equivalent of threadbare, and the CRJ still had the Flintstones themed bulkhead carpet.

And more germane to the conversation, one of the gate agents at PHL had more visible tatoos on her than my son in the Marines.

Agreed 100%-thanks for your sons service to our country. It must not be easy for your household but please know it is appreciated. Never seen a GA like that at AA, although the worst I've seen is them talking on their cell phone not only in the presence of customers but while scanning boarding passes!

Bottom line is USAir aircraft are by and large dirty and not well maintained. According to 700UW contracted cleaners are only in the hubs and light cleaning is left to FAs elsewhere and if its at all like AA FAs, I imagine they don't do a thorough job if any. The facilities US operates at BOS and PHL are truly awful compared to AA or DL. Their clubs are falling apart, the location in BOS stil has portable phones from the 1980s on the wall and they still haven't resolved their liquor license debacle! USAir really is a dumpy airline and it will be interesting to see what AA keeps and guts in a potential combination.

Josh

Reactions: 1 person
Not well maintained?

BS, every US plane is maintained to FAA and Manufactures standards.

Lets see AA has been fined and planes ground, not US.

Dont let the facts get in your way.

Reactions: 2 people
"USAir really is a dumpy airline and it will be interesting to see what AA keeps and guts in a potential combination."

I believe AA is the one in bankruptcy and US will be the controlling airline deciding what is "kept and gutted" Most likely the name and SABRE will be kept and not a whole lot else, including management from the bottom to the top --- Justsayin'

Not well maintained?

BS, every US plane is maintained to FAA and Manufactures standards.

There's maintained to FAA standards, and then there's maintained to customer standards, i.e. clean interiors with all the galley, lav, bin & seat accessories working perfectly....

I'm sure they meet the FAA standards. Interiors?.... Sorry, but one out of three seat pockets had a magazine on one of my planes. Didn't check to see if they all had briefing cards (which is also a FAA standard, but I suspect rarely at 100% on any airline).

Are you that uneducated on the process?

All the union has to do is file with 35% of the amount of eligible workers signing A-cards to hold an election. That's the law.

Both the carrier and the union get to examine the cards.

And you have encountered every agent at AA?
I thought the new FAA bill pushed the bar to a 50% threshold now for a union to have sufficient support?

Therefore, I would assume the CWA has majority support. And it wouldn't make any sense for a non represented group to vote against representation in this scenerio.

regards,

I thought the new FAA bill pushed the bar to a 50% threshold now for a union to have sufficient support?

Therefore, I would assume the CWA has majority support. And it wouldn't make any sense for a non represented group to vote against representation in this scenerio.

regards,

Allegedly, the cards were delivered before the new law was passed. That's just anecdotal, though.

What is CWA's view on home-based res workers?

What is CWA's view on home-based res workers?

It is allowed in the US Airways/CWA contract. AFAIK, the company has not made use of it.

(Not has it made use of the cross utilization allowing CWA inside station agents to do ramp work.)

Forgive a stupid question, but does the election cover just airport staff or does it include res?

Back to the topic of CWA,
http://apsa6001.org/?p=563

Despite a prolonged campaign by management to prevent agents from voting for representation, the National Mediation Board has called for an election, which will be held from May 17 to June 19.
http://apsa6001.org/?p=616
American Airlines is asking the National Mediation Board to reconsider its decision authorizing a representation election, another foot-dragging maneuver that threatens to delay our vote even further.
While the company has continued to maintain that it is too late during bankruptcy for a union to do the agents any good, it is going to extreme lengths to prevent us from voting for representation by CWA. The filing April 23 came the same day the company asked the bankruptcy judge to terminate union contracts even as it offered ground workers a new deal that would limit jobs cuts, according to reports.

Latest posts