Piedmont Flight from HHH

what type of aircraft was it - a Dash 8...and they evacuated the Capital for a commuter aircraft???

One news report stated there was a miscommunication on a frequency and so the pilot switched to the wrong frequency.

The pilot supposedly changed to the wrong ATC frequency-possible erroneous readback as well.

I think that is one of if not the longest route flown by the Dash-just over 500 miles. I did it once but it was on a Q-200. This is a perfect route for the Q-400.

Oh and Happy New Year all. :)

The pilot supposedly changed to the wrong ATC frequency-possible erroneous readback as well.

I think that is one of if not the longest route flown by the Dash-just over 500 miles. I did it once but it was on a Q-200. This is a perfect route for the Q-400.

Oh and Happy New Year all. :)

The above radio mix up happens a fair amount, just the location of where it happened was the big issue.

That type of flight is what I refer to as a "movie flight", bring your laptop, dvd player or itouch to provide self entertainment as you drone along in the Dash....

Happy New Year Art!!

That flight operates SAT ONLY. HHH DCA. Hilton Head Island Airport is only served by US AIRWAYS EXPRESS. DL was the last airline that pulled out of HHH. It has a very short runway. For now only turbo props can fly in and out of HHH. There are large trees at the end of the runway that the county refuses to cut so it is limited to turbo props. Other flights from HHH go to CLT only.

That doesn't magically put people on the airplane. 12-20 people would not be profitable with a Q400 and is barely acceptable on the 100s Piedmont currently puts on that route.

I am aware of that, and Yes it is a Very Long flight and I am sure very weight restricted. I was thinking they use that flight to get the aircraft from the Southern part of the system up to the Northern part without going thru CLT.

Latest posts

Back