Pilot bid 08-02

algflyr

Veteran
Aug 21, 2002
Bid 08-02 is out. The effective date is April '08.

Just looking at the numbers, I find a few things of interest....

The last bid (08-01) had 22 retirements and 21 new pilots for basically a net change of zero line pilots.

This new bid has 0 retirements, 32 rescinded retirements, 5 early retirements... but also has 123 new pilots.

So apparently, at least for now, the age 60 change is not affecting new pilots coming onto the property. Even after the rescinded retirements, there was a net increase of 109 pilots.

There were not many new positions created with the exception of a large number of 190 slots. We will continue to get more 190's so I would think the hiring will continue for these. We are also going to be getting new Airbus aircraft, the question is will these replace older 737 and airbus aircraft, or will these be growth aircraft. Management has said not much growth, so they may be replacements... We shall see... but at least it looks as though hiring will continue, at least for now...

Bid 08-02 is out. The effective date is April '08.

There were not many new positions created with the exception of a large number of 190 slots. We will continue to get more 190's so I would think the hiring will continue for these. We are also going to be getting new Airbus aircraft, the question is will these replace older 737 and airbus aircraft, or will these be growth aircraft. Management has said not much growth, so they may be replacements...

The E-190's are the replacement aircraft for the 737. That was always management's intention, back to the Siegel days.

And 80% of the pilot group -- both East and West -- were hoodwinked into voting in favor of a regional jet pay rate on the E-190.

Does Jerry Glass have the easiest job on the planet, or what?

The E-190's are the replacement aircraft for the 737. That was always management's intention, back to the Siegel days.

And 80% of the pilot group -- both East and West -- were hoodwinked into voting in favor of a regional jet pay rate on the E-190.

Does Jerry Glass have the easiest job on the planet, or what?

While I agree that many of these 190's may replace 737 routes, there is a minimum fleet count in our agreement, and the 190's do NOT count... So even if the 190's replace 737's, they can only go so far before they have to add other aircraft like more Airbus' to keep the fleet at a certain level... While I know our union has given away A LOT in the past, let's hope they have learned their lesson... Now that was funny.... :(