Pilot Concessions

wwiiairliner

Jan 27, 2003
Any details on the pilot deal? 18%, 15%, etc.. I have read that on average the unit cost would go down by 26%...

You asked this same question on another thread and got no response. So I will repeat what I said last time.

No information is forthcoming from ALPA for public consumption.

UA ALPA will be reviewing info at the MEC meeting this week and then engage the company in discussions.

767jetz

767jetz said:
UA ALPA will be reviewing info at the MEC meeting this week and then engage the company in discussions.
[post="201614"][/post]​
You can count on backroom deals that leave the rest of the unions with the scraps though.

spacewaitress said:
You can count on backroom deals that leave the rest of the unions with the scraps though.
[post="201634"][/post]​

All of the unions are giving an amount that represents their portion of the UAL total payroll. You can't get more "fair" than that.

Maybe John Kerry should help out here. Make the rich (pilots) pay the most and the ones who can least afford it (FA's) pay the least. :up: After all ALPA endorsed him. Come on pilots take more of a cut so the poor don't have to endure such a hardshid. :up:

wwiiairliner said:
Any details on the pilot deal? 18%, 15%, etc.. I have read that on average the unit cost would go down by 26%...
[post="201566"][/post]​
22% pay cut with 4% snapback after bankruptcy. 70% sick leave pay. Out of seniority furloughs. A-plan gone. B-plan replaced with a 5% match. Contract in effect through 2011. :down:

I can't believe how fast this thread got out of control with accusations and assumptions. Exactly why ALPA will not negotiate in public. Too many rumors to clean up.

-------------------------------------------------

spacewaitress, There are no backroom deals. When the final version of the contract is available, everone will know about it. Of course there will always be some who believe in conspiracies, and there is no convincing them other wise, regardless of fact. What more can one say?

Fly, not sure about the F/A's numbers or where you get 19%. I guess it's after you add up the pay cut and the work rules, etc. Just like when the pilots gave up 33% pay, but the actual value to many was closer to 50% when all was said and done.

Borescope, The "rich pilot" comment is laughable. See above comment. After the last paycut, very few pilots fall under that label. A very small percentage make what you claim. Most don't even fall under the "6 figure" category anymore. And those that do work more days, fly 90+ hours, 160+ hours of duty (actually at work), and 350+ hours away from home. Your attitude is misinformed.

The Ronin, United ALPA is not USAir ALPA.

TJoe, I assume you are posting numbers from USAir's deal, or maybe some other source. I'm not sure. As I said, nothing official has been pubicly released by ALPA. Those who hope to get info on this site by throwing out claims and hoping a UA pilot will confirm or deny it will be disappointed.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

We all knew that more "pain" was coming. It shouldn't be a surprise. To pit one group against the next is pointless. To claim one group should take a bigger cut so another can take less is just not realistic, and is counter productive. All sides will have valid arguements to support their claim.

As ualdriver pointed out, each group will end up giving an amount that represents their portion of UAL's payrol. That means that those that gave more last time might end up with a smaller percent this time. But rest assured the pilots will give the most, followed by the mechanics, the F/A's, and then CS and Ramp. I'm sure management will follow suit, realizing that sharing the pain is the only way to keep the peace.

It sucks for everyone, but this is our reality. Our unions are responsible to negotiate the best (or should I say least worst) deal for each of us. Whether you deal or go to the judge is each groups decision. Let's not turn this into class warfare. In the end we are all in this together.

United isn't going to 'negotiate' with anyone. They've laid the cards on the table, we either take it now or go 'self help'.

Latest posts

Back