New Tentative For Pilots

UAL_TECH said:
Success sharing has 'zero value'......

Where did I hear this BS before?

B) UT
[post="240654"][/post]​

I was very surprised that they reduced the pay cut in return for a reduction in the Success Sharing. I didn't believe it had much value. I saw it as a bonus for meeting a target and only had value if that target was met. I guess our negotiators and the comapny saw it differently.

Maybe this will open the door for everyone to minimize their hourly pay cut.

Bottom line is that we still met the total target dollar amount of concessions.

At least this TA will eliminate UAL pilots badgering LCC pilots like F9 about their poor wages/work conditions as UAL is officially winning the race to the bottom. Still trying to understand why this ugly thing got extended for more eight months. Never thought I'd see UAL whale skippers making what a DC-9 Captain does at NWA. Better luck in 2009 or FIVE LONG YEARS.

bigsky

767jetz said:
Then that's what your union should negotiate. Have you been in touch with your reps to tell them how you feel? Don't expect ALPA to negotiate for you.
[post="240828"][/post]​

Even though I don't work for UA, I totally agree with your statement.

767jetz said:
I was very surprised that they reduced the pay cut in return for a reduction in the Success Sharing.  I didn't believe it had much value.  I saw it as a bonus for meeting a target and only had value if that target was met.  I guess our negotiators and the comapny saw it differently.

Maybe this will open the door for everyone to minimize their hourly pay cut.

[post="240831"][/post]​

This 'door' was opened, in fact, by AFA who insisted on credit for success sharing and was successful.

Had AFA not prevailed, I doubt seriously any other group would have been afforded this opportunity. Success sharing is a 'holy grail' to certain high-ranking 'managers' and there was huge resistance.

Bigsky said:
At least this TA will eliminate UAL pilots badgering LCC pilots like F9 about their poor wages/work conditions as UAL is officially winning the race to the bottom. Still trying to understand why this ugly thing got extended for more eight months. Never thought I'd see UAL whale skippers making what a DC-9 Captain does at NWA. Better luck in 2009 or FIVE LONG YEARS.

bigsky
[post="240837"][/post]​

Don't worry, NWA will have their turn.

"Don't worry, NWA will have their turn".

Somehow, I do not think it will approach the proposed UAL level, heck at UAL it went into freefall!

Got this from the Detroit Free Press. You should read the whole thing.

Northwest warns staff of cuts

Airline seeks wage, benefit concessions similar to United's

January 21, 2005

BY MARTIN J. MOYLAN
KNIGHT RIDDER NEWSPAPERS

ST. PAUL, Minn. -- If Northwest Airlines' employees want a good idea of what their future wages and benefits might be, they should look at what's happening at United Airlines.

And just wait until our pensions get terminated.

Bigsky said:

bigsky
[post="240837"][/post]​

bigsky,

UAL pilots had to stop badgering F-9 pilots and other LCC pilots about pay before the latest TA, as F-9 pilots were already being paid more. Unfortunately all airlines will have to stoop to the new UAL scale sooner or later.

767jetz said:
Then that's what your union should negotiate. Have you been in touch with your reps to tell them how you feel? Don't expect ALPA to negotiate for you.
[post="240828"][/post]​
Particularly problematic was a stipulation that the Air Line Pilots Association wouldn't oppose the termination of its pension plan, but only if three other plans covering the rest of United's employees and retirees also be shed.

They are negotiating anyway for the rest of the unions. Just not in a good way.

Amfa should stipulate that all pilots should be paid the same wage no matter what type of aircraft they fly. It does not make any sense at all that a pilot would be paid higher amounts. This is a carry over from regulation when the sky was the limit for negotiations.

737nCH11 said:
You should worry about yourself and not what ALPA does.
[post="242299"][/post]​
I worry about a union who makes demands on our pensions to help their own interests.
We all made great strides during regulation, but it was ALPA who was choking the chicken.

atabuy said:
I worry about a union who makes demands on our pensions to help their own interests.
We all made great strides during regulation, but it was ALPA who was choking the chicken.
[post="242359"][/post]​
Great strides....ya, riding who's back???

The Ronin said:
Great strides....ya, riding who's back???
[post="242371"][/post]​
Ronin,
Still the village idiot. What is your reference.
I know, you are a self made man, who still gets on a message board because???? you are the village idiot.

I don't think you were there during regulation, and we are the ones who gave you your wages.
Go home junior.
You earned nothing for me.

C54Capt said:
all airlines will have to stoop to the new UAL scale sooner or later.
[post="241857"][/post]​
When are you just going to go out of business and stop screwing the rest of the industry?