Pilot Retirement Likely to Increase to 65

They'll be employed and working for a giant of an airline while USAirways continues to reinvent itself as an airline and the pilots burn the house down. Count on it.

Oh boo hoo for you.

The only 'giant' thing you'll see is a zit on your face. Time to whip out the Boone's Farm and Stridex.

Later,
Eye

Oh boo hoo for you.

The only 'giant' thing you'll see is a zit on your face. Time to whip out the Boone's Farm and Stridex.

Later,
Eye

You "Age-ist Pig!" :lol: Sigh...next thing outta' your mouth's likely to be some farcical notion that actual work and experience counts for something. :blink:

Hey jetz........those deltoids are about to #### slap you big boy......I would think you would be gearing up for a nice and civil merger.....

Couldnt happen to a nicer fellow,....good luck....
No worries for me. Both sides will follow ALPA merger policy and relative seniority will prevail again. :up: Plus the UAL and DAL pilots will actually honor their agreements. Now there's a novel concept for you guys. :shock:

I guarantee that if a DAL/UAL merger occurs, it won't ever get to an arbitrator, because we won't have you self-entitled, self-absorbed, narcissists to deal with.

Funny thing is... while you are crying and fighting over the Nicolau award and your long ago lost cause of DOH integration, the rest of the industry will be leaving you in the dust. :lol: Just as I predicted earlier, no one will want to touch your airline with a 10 foot pole.

See ya...

No worries for me. Both sides will follow ALPA merger policy and relative seniority will prevail again.

It will prevail for a New York minute then:

the acquiring airline's pilot group will pull out the Nic award which places 18 year pilots junior to new hires.

Sure, the means to the end will be unique to that transaction but the end ( 18 years = 2 months) will be the same.

Hey, maybe United will buy Delta and it'll be all good.

Just as I predicted earlier, no one will want to touch your airline with a 10 foot pole.

See ya...

That will change. Time heals wounds and the systemic infection of entitlement on the east side will slowly fade. Many of them are reasonable people anyway it's just they are obscured by a small vocal minority tanked up on bitterness. Their battered careers have clouded their judgement and we on the west forgive them and truly look forward to working together under a combined CBA. But you are right, ALPA is a neutral party in all merger negotiations and the important point to learn from the USAir East pilots is to be reasonable in your objectives.

Plus, the "protected" 517, the only ones to get anything, lose their protections.

I agree with everything you have said but just for clairity what protections will the 517 lose? They are senior to everyone in the west anyway. That is one of the many screwed up things about Nic. It protects the only pilots on the east side that need no protection.

Sure, the means to the end will be unique to that transaction but the end ( 18 years = 2 months) will be the same.
Wrong again. In a theoretical merger of DL&UA, the pilots all have similar career progression and career expectations. There is not the large disparity between years of service and the job we bring to the table. This holds true from the senior 777/747 captains all the way down to the MD88/737 F/O's, with some obvious slight variations. So relative slotting will not effect anyone. The job we bring to the table will be the job we keep, and the job we expect in the future will still be ours based on normal attrition from both sides without the need for DOH or fences.

And FYI, the proposed merger being forwarded by Pardus Capital Management is an all stock merger with neither one being the "acquired." It is envisioned as keeping the United name and headquarters in Chicago, while ditching Tilton in favor of Anderson. Not a bad scenario IMO, even though my preference would be Continental. Either way, combining two large international airlines with the type of reach we each have in Asia, Europe, and the south beats anything USAir has to offer. B)

No worries for me. Both sides will follow ALPA merger policy and relative seniority will prevail again. :up: Plus the UAL and DAL pilots will actually honor their agreements. Now there's a novel concept for you guys. :shock:

I guarantee that if a DAL/UAL merger occurs, it won't ever get to an arbitrator, because we won't have you self-entitled, self-absorbed, narcissists to deal with.

Funny thing is... while you are crying and fighting over the Nicolau award and your long ago lost cause of DOH integration, the rest of the industry will be leaving you in the dust. :lol: Just as I predicted earlier, no one will want to touch your airline with a 10 foot pole.

See ya...

I wonder how many planes you guys will have to park for the DOT to allow a merger. What will your relative seniority be then? We will see how the two of you will dance then. Get a life ####.

I wonder how many planes you guys will have to park for the DOT to allow a merger. What will your relative seniority be then? We will see how the two of you will dance then.
Since the 737's and MD88's are aging, probably some will be phased out and replacements will arrive when Boeing builds the next generation narrowbody. Since both DL & UA are currently short staffed, and since both are expanding internationally, and considering the limited overlap of our markets, and also considering that both are currently hiring, the downsizing you are referring to (hoping for??) will be minimal and not negatively effect the seniority of the pilots. (Sorry to burst your bubble.)

Get a life ####.
Nice.

I wonder how many planes you guys will have to park for the DOT to allow a merger. What will your relative seniority be then? We will see how the two of you will dance then. Get a life ####.

Wishing ill will on everyone in this world but you, eh. Ever wonder where all your bad karma comes from?

Since the 737's and MD88's are aging, probably some will be phased out and replacements will arrive when Boeing builds the next generation narrowbody. Since both DL & UA are currently short staffed, and since both are expanding internationally, and considering the limited overlap of our markets, and also considering that both are currently hiring, the downsizing you are referring to (hoping for??) will be minimal and not negatively effect the seniority of the pilots. (Sorry to burst your bubble.)

Nice.

Why dont you read what you write pal. I dont care what happens to you guys. I just wish you would mind your own business. You call us all kind of names and get your panties in a bunch if it is given back.

Wishing ill will on everyone in this world but you, eh. Ever wonder where all your bad karma comes from?

I dont wish ill will on anyone. That idiot has been trashing us for years and I am fed up with his big mouth. Funny thing about karma though. I just stated what might happen if their merger does happen. Why do you think we parked 100+ airplanes? I could care less what happens with them, that is why I stay off their boards. Maybe he should return the favor.

They don't understand.

It's the "I-had-a-rough-road-in-life-so-everyone-else-should-also-attitude" that goes hand in hand with the "if-you-don't-see-things-my-way-I'll-attack-you-attitude."

I'm sincerely sorry that you West guys are stuck with this cancer.

Latest posts