Pilots fight `by the book'

Lvuthe9,

I saw Parker's comment on theHub too. Parker indicated that ALPA's current proposal is $400 million per year higher than the current pilot contract(s), which is why the parties are so far apart.

Nonetheless, I was recently told by a JNC member he thought a deal would be reached early spring, Scott Kirby told both MEC chairman earlier this week that he will directly join the negotiations, and it is my belief the company wants to time its new agreement with obtaining the new operating certificate.

Regards,

USA320Pilot
A "sobering" task for Doogie? :lol:
Couldn't help myself...

MEC CODE-A-PHONE UPDATE - February 8, 2007

This is Arnie Gentile with a US Airways MEC update for Thursday, February 8th, with six new items.

Item 1. The MEC passed the following resolution at this weeks Special MEC meeting:

THERE FOR BE IT RESOLVED that the MEC directs that the AAA pilots to neither order, accept, nor wear a new uniform until a Single Collective Bargaining Agreement, as required by the Transition Agreement, is ratified by all parties.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

[
"Our pilots are consummate professionals and continue to perform safely and efficiently," US Airways said in a written statement. "This is typical talk meant to generate solidarity when in the midst of negotiating a new contract. We continue to diligently negotiate with them and hope to come to an agreement soon."

Safely yes efficiently no way! "Typical talk" my a$$. I have never seen this pilot group more pissed off and unified. "diligently negotiating" Bulls&^%$. wanting us to give back is not going to work pal! Those idiots in Tempe dont have a clue. Watch the fuel burns and the delays boys and girls.

During bankruptcy I indicated that the union's should cut deals that limit their concession verus giving more than the "ask", which could help US Airways to live another day versus liquidating. Forcing an airline into liquidation serves no useful purpose. Then when times improve employees should be rewarded for their sacrifice while living to fight another day.

Could you explain what you mean by "liquidation"?

The only credible option I saw possible, was further downsizing but never liquidation. I saw two instances when Bronner made a comment about ch7, but that was in reference to him attempting to coerce the IAM concerning outsourcing mx to his facilities. The board pretty much shut him up after the second time.

Considering the majority of creditors were receiving their cash on a semi-timely basis, what reason would they give to pull the plug? Simply based on what the pilots negotiated?

Your understanding of what was going on seems, uh, somewhat, breezy.

If my memroy serves me correctly, following the PHL meltdown US Airways was within $10 million of violating the ATSB loan guarantee minimum cash requirements on February 27.

To ensure adequate cash flow US Airways was able to negotiate two unique deals with Air Wisconsin that was both a DIP/Emergence Equity facility and the Republic deal.

According to ALPA E&FA sources US Airways was very, very close to liquidating and needed both of these transactions to continue operations, which really was the beginning of "burning the furniture" to stay in business long enough until the merger could proceed.

Separately, the ALPA Communications Committee said today, "The JNC is negotiating with management on Tuesday thru Thursday, February 13th-15th. The Association anticipates passing back Section 4 Guarantees, Section 12 Hours of Service, and also passing Section 25 Scheduling. The JNC is expecting Section 10 Covered Pilots and Section 26 General, from management. Also the JNC and management agreed to meet the first and last weeks of March."

USA320Pilot asks: How come negotations are accelerating and is there any significance to the timing of this news?

Regards,

USA320Pilot

Battle cry.."if not now when...if not us who!" F/A's will bring snacks to the BD party. Whats that date again? Feb or Mar.?

the MEC directs that the AAA pilots to neither order, accept, nor wear a new uniform until a Single Collective Bargaining Agreement, as required by the Transition Agreement, is ratified by all parties.
I am not sure it really matters what clothing or lack thereof the pilots wear. Perhaps they should not have a uniform if it would decrease the cost.