Pilots to Picket

The union said flight attendants were being asked to work without raises, but an airline spokeswoman said the flight attendants' contract calls for step increases for years of service until employees reach the top tier.

sky high states: LOL, top tier, now what's that, maybe 40 thousand a year.
And, in the meantime, Rent has gone up approximately 20 percent in the past few years. Property taxes, Ohh, boy! Gas, a thousand percent in one year. Home heating costs have doubled.
Yet, HUGE PAY CUTS in bankruptcy. Vacations wiped out to half, for some. And, six more years, the flight attendants will be back to their 2004 pay levels.

F/A IMPROVEMENTS ARE NEEDED JUST TO "SURVIVE". They were too deep.
Cost neutral?....you get food stamps with that?

Delta pilots new contract have additional pay increases tied to Company financial performance
Yeah, well remember that parity +1 crap that Wolf was insistent on? AFA never went for it but the pilots did and if I remember correctly it actually worked out (much to Wolf's dismay) in the pilot's favor until the first round of cuts.

IMO, you are seeing plans a decade old unfold.

Count on the company to impose the US contracts, or have the courts do it for them.

How does the pay of each worker classification at Usairways compare to their peers at the other airlines. Pilots at Usairways are near the bottom of the pay scale, therefore they have a increased possibility of a pay raise. If your job classification is average compared to the rest of the industry you have a decreased chance of receiving much more than the average.
The US Airways pilots are not near the bottom of the pay scale, we are the lowest paid pilots in the entire industry. Lower than Southwest, jetBlue, AirTran, Alaska, Delta, United, America West, Continental, American, Northwest, Frontier...
And not by just a little! A 7 year Southwest 737 first officer makes more than a 35 year US Airways 737/Airbus captain. :down:

Our turn.

Did you notice the Philadelphia Business Journal failed to mention that USAirways had a $305 million profit in the second quarter. By ignoring that an emphasizing the $5 billion profit in the first Q, it seems to me that the Journal would like its readers to believe that by picketing for a better contract, the pilots are unreasonable and greedy.

Oops! I meant $5 million.

Did you notice the Philadelphia Business Journal failed to mention that USAirways had a $305 million profit in the second quarter. By ignoring that an emphasizing the $5 million profit in the first Q, it seems to me that the Journal would like its readers to believe that by picketing for a better contract, the pilots are unreasonable and greedy.
[/

The silence is deafening isn't it? Someone might actually have to stand up for a profession.

He's a Coward. With a captial C. Always has been - Always will be.

pilot

The US Airways pilots are not near the bottom of the pay scale, we are the lowest paid pilots in the entire industry. Lower than Southwest, jetBlue, AirTran, Alaska, Delta, United, America West, Continental, American, Northwest, Frontier...
And not by just a little! A 7 year Southwest 737 first officer makes more than a 35 year US Airways 737/Airbus captain. :down:

Our turn.

No sir. It is not our turn.

To predicate a raise based on "our turn" is pathetic, a cry-baby approach to a futile attempt to "justify" a compensation increase.

Count me out, if that is the way you want to go.

Demand accountability by management on the pilots actual productivity, not some victimized crapoula.

If you wish to feticize a rationalization for your existence, then go ahead. Just don't think rational pilots will support such a "Bushite" justification as most of us would rather justify an exemplorey compensation on our actual output rather than taking the fetal position (as ALPA Natl does) to justify our existence.

Demand realistic compensation.

The "smiley face" is upside down in CLT. What does anyone think about this?

Any crew I am with will burn extra gas or take extra time, _our_ choice.

We left over 140 bags (for weight) in Europe today. We did not have to. It was quite obvious we did not have to. The "decision was made sans input from the cockpit". And, our "efficient" corporation decided otherwise, despite protestations.

Bastards. So, now U needs to distribute, our cost, 140 bags just for our flight. Great!

Thanks to the BOHICA dudes for this real treat?

All we have to do is to fly safely and by the book. This management does nothing extra for us. We do nothing extra for them.

Not until they run this corporation the way LUV management runs theirs.

U and LUV made precisely the same amount of money in the latest quarter. 300 million bucks.

And LUV paid their pilots over 50% more than U paid their pilots flying the same jets over virtually the same routes.

Any U pilot who does anything extra than what his contract states he must do is a fool. A complete and total fool.

pilot

Seems to me this is a Golden Opportunity for every Union on the property to get together and come up with a Unified stance.
I have one Big Big very Big question....Why Now? I mean the doors have been open far to long, have you even noticed...inspector???? :eek:

I have one Big Big very Big question....Why Now? I mean the doors have been open far to long, have you even noticed...inspector???? :eek:
Why Now ? No time like the present..

Yes, I have "noticed".

NOW is the time for Labor to get it together because they all have the same common goal, which is to recoup some of the HUGE concessions that were STOLEN from UNION members during the bankrupcies...

From a company thats crying poor, they always find a way to come up with bonus and pay raises for management, which comes directly off the backs of the workers..

Hey smorz, What department do you work for ?