Pilots to Picket

"It didn't only work out, it made them all rich. When United signed their contract, it gave our guys a 17%raise the first year and when Delta signed their next contract it gave our guys another 16% on top of that. Parity+1 came back to bite Wolf in the ass. That is how we ended up with the second highest paid pilots in the country, only behind United."

First of all it was the UAL raises combined with the DAL raises that bumped up U's pay. The second raise, the one that counted..because we had been BELOW industry standard for years, lasted the whole of 2 months...remember those airplanes flying into buildings?

I will say this, upon recieving one of those 2 months of pay at that high rate, I looked at my wife and said..THIS is what it must have been like in the late 60s or early 70s to be an airline pilot.

Just being honest with you here. The average career and pay of a U pilot is probably the worst in history when you average it out over the last 20 years. We now sit at the bottom of the entire country in narrowbody pay. The absolute bottom.

So parity + 1 did NOT work. It was a flawed concept, and and weak at that. The U pilots are STILL paying the price for that weakness...basing their pay on the BACKS of others willing to tow the line.

Best to you..just venting. Greeter.

"It didn't only work out, it made them all rich. When United signed their contract, it gave our guys a 17%raise the first year and when Delta signed their next contract it gave our guys another 16% on top of that. Parity+1 came back to bite Wolf in the ass. That is how we ended up with the second highest paid pilots in the country, only behind United."

First of all it was the UAL raises combined with the DAL raises that bumped up U's pay. The second raise, the one that counted..because we had been BELOW industry standard for years, lasted the whole of 2 months...remember those airplanes flying into buildings?

I will say this, upon recieving one of those 2 months of pay at that high rate, I looked at my wife and said..THIS is what it must have been like in the late 60s or early 70s to be an airline pilot.

Just being honest with you here. The average career and pay of a U pilot is probably the worst in history when you average it out over the last 20 years. We now sit at the bottom of the entire country in narrowbody pay. The absolute bottom.

So parity + 1 did NOT work. It was a flawed concept, and and weak at that. The U pilots are STILL paying the price for that weakness...basing their pay on the BACKS of others willing to tow the line.

Best to you..just venting. Greeter.
I actually think we are saying the same thing here. Parity+1 didn't work. And yes, we are all still paying for our poor decisions in the past. Hey, remember full pay/ credit for a DH. 1/3, 1/1.75. Those were the days my friend, I thought they'd never end. Those were the days, oh yes, those were the days. And the world just a keeps on a turnin.