Pilots Slam AA With New Billboard

Looks like the billboard is baaaaaaaaacccccccccccccckkkkkkkkk. It made an apperance in ORD today. Any guesses how long it will take for AA management to get this one taken down? What city is next? New York? LA? MIA?

One would think the pilots would find a better way to spend union dues. I find it especially ironic that they erected this in Chicago around the same time the United pilot layoffs were announced.

Keep it up.

AA will meet the contractual demands and more soon. That goes for APA, APFA, and TWU.
Just bring in your demands and Arpey will sign next week or next month.

Of course the $5 Billion in cash will be gone in less than 4 months and after a BK filing you will lose your incredible pension to the PGBC and when you stop to count up who won, dissappointment will fill your bubble.

I can't believe what I'm reading, but I agree 100% If we all push as hard as we can the company is going to implode. And you all can save your line about how I'm falling for management's "scare tactics". I'm just looking clearly at the reality of the situation.

The whiny pilots should stop wasting their time and money on a pr campaign and focus themselves on negotiating. Oh, wait, they are the ones who called in NMB...

Well we see all the management fans out here blasting the APA campaign. "Stupid", suicidal etc etc. Well actually its a very good move to pressure management. By revealing the bungling of management and the resulting "bad press" it puts pressure on management, the owners are more likely to replace them if they feel this stuff threatens their intrests. "You hold a gun to our heads we hold one to yours". "You make threats to our job, we threaten yours." For the owners of AA its very easy to clean up the companies image, fire those in control and give awy a few more cheap seats. However management will be the ones looking for a job with a very public failure on their resumes.

I am a member of the flying public - who pays the bills. I hate it when I see people bash their own company but aren't man or woman enough to quit.

I don't know - but American is the only airline that hasn't gone BK yet must have at least above average management..

I can't believe what I'm reading, but I agree 100% If we all push as hard as we can the company is going to implode. And you all can save your line about how I'm falling for management's "scare tactics". I'm just looking clearly at the reality of the situation.

The whiny pilots should stop wasting their time and money on a pr campaign and focus themselves on negotiating. Oh, wait, they are the ones who called in NMB...
There are pilots that do not buy into the tactics of APA. They do understand the reality of the situation, not just at AA but across the industry. They are held hostage, so to speak, by the outrageous demands and negative PR campaigns being executed by the leaders at APA.

If I were a member of other work groups, I would be a bit peeved at the pilot association, which through its shortsided thinking could harm the airline beyond repair.

I am a member of the flying public - who pays the bills. I hate it when I see people bash their own company but aren't man or woman enough to quit.

I don't know - but American is the only airline that hasn't gone BK yet must have at least above average management..

Sorry, common sense and objectivity don't apply here. And yes, AMR does have above average management, but don't expect anyone working at AMR to ever admit that.

Sorry, common sense and objectivity don't apply here. And yes, AMR does have above average management, but don't expect anyone working at AMR to ever admit that.

Measured by what standards and metrics?

Who hires the most consulting firms?

$1.8 Billion per year in union employee concessions saved AA from Bankruptcy not better than average management.

$1.8 Billion per year in union employee concessions saved AA from Bankruptcy not better than average management.

That's funny, management negotiated the contracts you claim screwed you over. Seems pretty shrewd to me.

My measuring standard is the fact that the employees still have their pensions and retirements, AA's debtors are still being paid, and AA's share holders aren't holding worthless pieces of paper. The airline has remained solvent, when its competitors who extracted even larger concessions out of their unions via bankruptcy couldn't manage the feat.

AA pilots still make more than their counterparts at UA. A topped out UA 757 pilot will make $160 and a topped out AA 757 pilot will make $174; even larger pay disparities exist for those right hand seat.

My measuring standard is the fact that the employees still have their pensions and retirements, AA's debtors are still being paid, and AA's share holders aren't holding worthless pieces of paper. The airline has remained solvent, when its competitors who extracted even larger concessions out of their unions via bankruptcy couldn't manage the feat.

AA pilots still make more than their counterparts at UA. A topped out UA 757 pilot will make $160 and a topped out AA 757 pilot will make $174; even larger pay disparities exist for those right hand seat.
If more employees would acknowledge this fact, perhaps the "mis"managment cry would subside.

That's because the employees took 25% pay cuts while AA management rewarded themselves with huge bonuses. The employees saved the company, not the managers.

Vary professional, I look forward to the fine your union gets. You know your lively depends on people flying on AA.

Vary professional, I look forward to the fine your union gets. You know your lively depends on people flying on AA.

Many posters here here do not care about AA or its passengers. All they know is me, me, me...............

Latest posts

Back